PDA

View Full Version : Good Thread to Read for a Laugh...

Cowhead418
06-30-2005, 10:49 PM
I was browsing the MLB general message board to see what they were talking about and I came across this hilarious thread.

http://www.forums.mlb.com/n/mb/message.asp?webtag=ml-mlb&msg=45651.41

In this thread some moron flub fan tries to explain why the Flubs have the greatest fans in the world and by doing so he calls out every single fanbase in the MLB. He pretty much made fun of every fanbase in the MLB except Colorado and the Flubs. It was pretty amusing to read.

SoxSpeed22
06-30-2005, 11:31 PM
:worship:27vladmvp
BoystownCubbie's gettin' what he deserves.:redneck

MeanFish
06-30-2005, 11:42 PM
:worship:27vladmvp
BoystownCubbie's gettin' what he deserves.:redneck

BoystownCubbie is NOT a Cubs fan. He's like...an imposter who defames the Cub fanbase by upping the ante on stupid comments. Seriously. I post there on occasion, and have run across that joker a few times. It's just funny that people take the bait.

JermaineDye05
06-30-2005, 11:47 PM
he'll never be able to read this unfortunately, but here we go,

Cub Fans: Boo their own players (not just sosa, corey patterson now too), disrespect a hall of famer by ripping the bat off his statue (we all know about that), they blame a single fan for not making it to the world series, not alex gonzalez for dropping a line drive or their pitcher, oh and lets not forget they post **** like this

anything I missed?

Soxzilla
07-01-2005, 12:08 AM
Let's not forget that White Sox fans booed Frank Thomas during the second game of the 2000 ALDS. I know, I was at that game.

I did not boo Frank Thomas.

Ridiculous.

ATXBMX
07-01-2005, 12:34 AM
Minoso isn't in Cooperstown.

SoxSpeed22
07-01-2005, 12:35 AM
BoystownCubbie is NOT a Cubs fan. He's like...an imposter who defames the Cub fanbase by upping the ante on stupid comments. Seriously. I post there on occasion, and have run across that joker a few times. It's just funny that people take the bait.oh:o:

Hitmen77
07-01-2005, 01:04 AM
Minoso isn't in Cooperstown.

Then where is all the Santo-esque treatment about Minnie's HOF snub?

shoota
07-01-2005, 01:13 AM
he'll never be able to read this unfortunately, but here we go,

Cub Fans: Boo their own players (not just sosa, corey patterson now too), disrespect a hall of famer by ripping the bat off his statue (we all know about that), they blame a single fan for not making it to the world series, not alex gonzalez for dropping a line drive or their pitcher, oh and lets not forget they post **** like this

anything I missed?

Yeah, they also booed LaTrine Hawkins pretty regularly.

Hangar's right. How does Hendry repeatedly make all these one-sided deals? It's stupid enough to take on the 2006 salary of a reliever who has completely lost all effectiveness, but to give up prospects too? Unfathomable.

JermaineDye05
07-01-2005, 02:39 AM
oh yeah i forgot, they booed chad fox when he got injured and pretty much ended his career earlier this year

RKMeibalane
07-01-2005, 08:55 AM
Let's not forget that White Sox fans booed Frank Thomas during the second game of the 2000 ALDS. I know, I was at that game.

Ridiculous.

People were booing him during the 2002 season as well. Sad.

Uncle_Patrick
07-01-2005, 10:30 AM
BoystownCubbie is NOT a Cubs fan. He's like...an imposter who defames the Cub fanbase by upping the ante on stupid comments. Seriously. I post there on occasion, and have run across that joker a few times. It's just funny that people take the bait.

Yeah, its seems that on the MLB boards, its sort of popular to pretend you are a fan of one team and then troll all over the place. There used to be some guy named WHITE SOX TROLL who would post all over and just be super-obnoxious. Ironically, he was banned from the White Sox board.

"BoystownCubbie" sounds like a screen name created by someone who is making fun of the Cubs.

daveeym
07-01-2005, 10:49 AM
On a side note, I generally believe you get to see which team has the best "fans" from when a team visits and from the players perspective. The best fans are always talked about by the players as being creative in their taunts but respectfull, do their research etc. The best fans are always talked about by opposing fans as being loud but respectful, intelligent about both teams playing the given game and actually into the game.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 10:58 AM

Ridiculous.

Give the fans the benefit of the doubt.I am one of Thomas' biggest
supporters (read my column "The Case For Frank Thomas" in Fans
Sound Off forum),but I sat at home and booed the fact that he,
Konerko,C.Lee and the oft injured Tiggers outfielder could not drive
in a run with less than 2 outs.I was angry at the result,not the player.
Do you expect fans to applaud when their favorite player strikes out
in a crucial situation or fails to hit a Sac Fly to score a runner from
third with less than 2 outs?? I don't.:angry:

RallyBowl
07-01-2005, 02:47 PM
Just going over to that board and reading some of that garbage makes me appreciate WSI and all of the great, intelligent Whitesox fans here.