PDA

View Full Version : Joe Kennedy

White Sox Josh
06-30-2005, 10:34 PM
This might be a good guy to aqcuire. Yes he has struggled some this year however he will come cheap and he also had a 3.66 ERA last year while pitching at Coors. He can pitch in the Bullpen if needed and can make a spot starts for El Duque to keep him fresh. If this has already been posted than merge the thread.

samram
06-30-2005, 10:41 PM
This might be a good guy to aqcuire. Yes he has struggled some this year however he will come cheap and he also had a 3.66 ERA last year while pitching at Coors. He can pitch in the Bullpen if needed and can make a spot starts for El Duque to keep him fresh. If this has already been posted than merge the thread.

See, here's the thing. He was good last year, but really not very good this year. The Yankees acquired Esteban Loaiza in similar circumstances last season, and that did not work out well. There's no point getting guys who don't have great track records and who aren't performing well in the current year.

White Sox Josh
06-30-2005, 10:43 PM
See, here's the thing. He was good last year, but really not very good this year. The Yankees acquired Esteban Loaiza in similar circumstances last season, and that did not work out well. There's no point getting guys who don't have great track records and who aren't performing well in the current year.i think if you get him in a pennant race though he might come through. He also wouldn't be a big savior type like Loaiza was for New York.

Banix12
06-30-2005, 10:53 PM
i think if you get him in a pennant race though he might come through. He also wouldn't be a big savior type like Loaiza was for New York.

Phrases like "I think" and "he might" don't fill me with enough confidence to bother with him. Not exactly filling me with confidence there with your argument. Anyway, it seems like in the past it has taken a little while for a player to get reacclimated to playing everyday at sea level in a normal ballpark after pitching on a regular basis in Coors Field. It wouldn't likely be an instant change to being a successful pitcher.

And there frankly is no way you can predict how Kennedy will react to a pennant race since he never really has been in one.

Chisox003
06-30-2005, 10:58 PM
Lets see...

Filling an imaginary hole in the pitching staff with a guy with a 7 ERA...Great Idea!!

Seriously, these threads get worse and worse everyday....

Give it up! This team is 53-24, joe kennedy is NOT going to be an upgrade in anything! Not even third base for Crede! :rolleyes:

**** threads belong in the **** house...Exactly where this one's going

ilsox7
07-01-2005, 04:58 AM
Is anyone else getitng really, really sick of this dude proposing one trade after another? Seriously , stop it.

Mr. White Sox
07-01-2005, 05:14 AM
question:
how many pitchers have actually done well after being traded in the middle of the season?
I can think of three connected to the Sox right off the bat:
Freddy Garcia (to Sox)
Esteban Loaiza (to NYY)
Jose Contreras (to Sox)

Both were somewhat "off" after being traded...it seems like getting an ace mid-season is never a sure thing; getting a position player isn't as risky as pitching conditions can be more extreme in terms of changes from one ballpark to another.

Tragg
07-01-2005, 09:47 AM
i think if you get him in a pennant race though he might come through. He also wouldn't be a big savior type like Loaiza was for New York.

We do have a good team, so some of our players are pretty good.

Loiza was no savior in New York.

Hangar18
07-01-2005, 10:00 AM

Hes a pretty nice guy too. with a very fine girlfriend I might add heh heh.
I saw him and this woman at the SanDiego airport a couple years ago,
waiting for a flight. He was flying to some private lodge in Colorado and was
moving there with the girl. I went to the bathroom and he apparently bought
a whole round for everyone at the bar, but the nimrod bartender didnt get me a drink, since I wasnt at my seat. :angry: Anyway, he split to catch his flight,
and the guy next to me asked if I knew anything about baseball. I said yes.
He said the guys name was Joe and played baseball out east. It took me a while, but we then figured out it was Joe Kennedy

Ol' No. 2
07-01-2005, 10:09 AM
Is anyone else getitng really, really sick of this dude proposing one trade after another? Seriously , stop it.What he said. Enough already.

tebman
07-01-2005, 10:16 AM
Is anyone else getitng really, really sick of this dude proposing one trade after another? Seriously , stop it.
I thought he was talking about Ted Kennedy's father, but I happen to know he's not available. :tongue: