PDA

View Full Version : Craig Monroe (Tigers) postgame quote

Patrick134
06-30-2005, 07:41 PM
``This is tough, because we feel like we are the better team,'' Craig Monroe (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6773/) said. ``But being the best team on paper doesn't mean anything. They came in here and did everything they needed to do, and that's hard to accept.''

I'll give them Pudge at the plate...but going around the field position by position, how are the Tigers better than the White Sox ? The Tigers have some decent young arms too, but to say they're better as a team on paper is ridiculous. Unless he meant rolling papers.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-30-2005, 07:43 PM
``This is tough, because we feel like we are the better team,'' Craig Monroe (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6773/) said. ``But being the best team on paper doesn't mean anything. They came in here and did everything they needed to do, and that's hard to accept.''

I'll give them Pudge at the plate...but going around the field position by position, how are the Tigers better than the White Sox ? The Tigers have some decent young arms too, but to say they're better as a team on paper is ridiculous. Unless he meant rolling papers.

they have a pretty tight team ba don't they?

chitownhawkfan
06-30-2005, 07:45 PM
Thanks Craig, I needed a good laugh after a crappy day at work!

:andy
Is this joker serious?

Red Barchetta
06-30-2005, 07:48 PM
?!?!?!?! Have they looked at the standings lately? :?: If they were trailing by 3 games I might consider their point. We're the kings of the "better talent on paper" argument over the past three years, but at least we were in striking distance to the Twinkies.

Eddie Gaedel
06-30-2005, 07:50 PM
``This is tough, because we feel like we are the better team,'' Craig Monroe (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6773/) said. ``But being the best team on paper doesn't mean anything.

i don't know what paper he's talking about. the paper i read says his team is 16 games out.

BeviBall!
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I love it! It's stupid statements like this that will keep the Sox motivated enough to beat the Tiggers again, even when we have a 23 game lead over them.

Banix12
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM

The Tigers have a very dangerous top of the order. Inge, Guillen, I-Rod, and young are all very dangerous and White and Shelton can be dangerous when they want to be. They do have a very powerful lineup that should be respected, especially if Ordonez comes back healthy.

Their pitching is still a bit weak both in the rotation and bullpen and still needs a little more time to develop.

Even though the sox swept the Tigers, the first two games were incredibly close and if the tigers could have gotten a little clutch hitting, they could have easily taken two out of three this series. They played the sox tough.

I'm glad other teams are saying this about the white sox, cause for the last few years it always seems like this would be something a white sox player would say about the Twins.

Patrick134
06-30-2005, 07:57 PM
I didn't mean to say the Tigers are horrible. They definitely have some decent young talent, and if Mags had been healthy, surely they may have won a few more games so far. But to state that as of now the Tigers are "better" on paper is still crazy.

Hendu
06-30-2005, 08:05 PM
If they keep getting their a**es handed to them like this, they're going to have a lot less talent in a few weeks. Polanco, Percival, Rondell White, who knows how many others might be on the trading block. Though their being about .500 is a huge success after numerous (pathetic) losing seasons, they definitely need to retool if they fall more out of it this year.

I think Monroe's quote is more disappointment with his own team than dissing the Sox. A lot of people thought the Tigers would be in the hunt in the AL Central this year and their season is quickly slipping away.

NWSox
06-30-2005, 08:11 PM
I just read this quote online myself. This isn't even worth analyzing. What planet is this guy on?

Dan H
06-30-2005, 08:13 PM
If you are a Tiger, what is really hard to accept is that you put runners on base for the better part of the first two games, and didn't get the needed clutch hits. Threatening to score means nothing. Monroe sounds like a Cub fan.

JB98
06-30-2005, 08:43 PM
?!?!?!?! Have they looked at the standings lately? :?: If they were trailing by 3 games I might consider their point. We're the kings of the "better talent on paper" argument over the past three years, but at least we were in striking distance to the Twinkies.

That was my first thought when I read the Monroe comment. It's nice to see other teams in our division having to resort to that argument for a change.

veeter
06-30-2005, 09:27 PM
Not only are the Sox beating teams but seem to irritate them as well. That's the beauty of the style they play; they wait for you to screw up then snatch victory. Reminds me of a champion.

Brian26
06-30-2005, 09:34 PM

It's not even close. Position by position and looking at the pitching staffs, these two teams aren't even close. These guys (Monroe and Dmitri Young) are gooped up on gop.

Tragg
06-30-2005, 09:43 PM
I'm glad other teams are saying this about the white sox, cause for the last few years it always seems like this would be something a white sox player would say about the Twins.

Nor were we 16 games behind the Twins when our players would make such statements.

The Tigers will probably be a pain in the butt going forward IF they have pitching, which they may have, but I'm not convinced. Same with Cleveland and the same proviso - pitching. (Cleveland has a damn good chance at the wild card this year, which I hope doesn't happen).
On the other hand, the Twins look like they'll be headed south shortly.

But things do change - we finished 26 games or so ahead of the Twins in 2000, but haven't finished ahead of them since. The same teams we beat by 20 games in 1983, beat us in 1984.

Banix12
06-30-2005, 10:56 PM
I didn't mean to say the Tigers are horrible. They definitely have some decent young talent, and if Mags had been healthy, surely they may have won a few more games so far. But to state that as of now the Tigers are "better" on paper is still crazy.

On paper, the tigers offense should better than the sox, especially if everybody is healthy. The pitching on the other hand is no contest, the Sox blow them out of the water in reality and on paper.

34rancher
06-30-2005, 11:00 PM
And on paper the Marlins were not as good as the northsiders in 2003....
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Lip Man 1
06-30-2005, 11:09 PM
Hendu:

For the first time in nine years the Tigers have a chance at a winning record...they aren't going to dump anybody...in fact they may pick up players.

Lip

Stroker Ace
06-30-2005, 11:16 PM
``This is tough, because we feel like we are the better team,'' Craig Monroe (http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/6773/) said. ``But being the best team on paper doesn't mean anything. They came in here and did everything they needed to do, and that's hard to accept.'':rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

MtEverett
06-30-2005, 11:41 PM

:bong:
WHO NEEDS ROLLING PAPERS??
:DJ UH-OH
:hawk I LUV BONG RIPS

The better team???? "Cmon Craig", how many people were stranded on base for the whole series?

Fake Chet Lemon
06-30-2005, 11:42 PM

....and the division race is between "them and Cleveland." They need to shut up and not choke with runners in scoring position. And did I mention they should shut up?

soltrain21
06-30-2005, 11:49 PM
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/120804/pro_20041208024.shtml

Remember this gem about Craig? Couldn't afford a 30 dollar belt.

mdep524
07-01-2005, 12:06 AM
I noticed this during this series also- the Tigers are bitter, and basically they feel about the White Sox the same way the 2003 White Sox felt about the Twins- resentful, jealous, etc.- and making the same kind of comments "baseball bounces," "better team on paper", etc.

Basically, 2005 Tigers : 2005 White Sox :: 2003 White Sox : 2003 Twins

21whitesoxway
07-01-2005, 12:15 AM
all this crap about them having a very good rotation next year is such a load. the only young talent on the mound these guys have is jeremy bonderman, johnson robertson are career 5 guys at best. as for offensively they are shaky and inconsistent.

Bisco Stu
07-01-2005, 12:18 AM
pffft. Tiggers haven't been better than us since Ronald Raygun was in office.

Twinkies and Injuns are our rivals, and probably always will be. They know how to run a franchise. Tiggers go from 1962 Mets status to mediocrity and they act like they're going somewhere.

Tiggers finish behind the Royals in 06.

TDog
07-01-2005, 12:20 AM
I saw Monroe saying this in both the AP game report and, a little more fully, in the Detroit beat writer's story. I expected to see a thread on it when I got home.

Maybe Monroe thinks that the improved Tigers have to be whipping the depleted (no Carlos Lee, no Magglio Ordonez etc.) White Sox because of past Tiger success against the Sox. Maybe he's not a good judge of talent. Maybe he's been listening to Ordonez badmouth his former teammates.

The quote surprised me because it's more of what I would expect of a Twink, even 10.5 games out. I'm sure it surprised the reporters, inspiring them to include it. The Tigers believed they could just add a few free agents and win a weak division. Maybe their players still think that.

Trammel said pretty much the same thing as Monroe, only more tactfully. While Monroe said, more or less, you've got to hand it to those guys, winning all that team with so little talent, Trammel said the Sox lineup doesn't impress people, but they are playing great baseball and know how to win. He was asked if this year's White Sox team reminded him of the 1984 Tigers. He said the only similarity is that the Sox, like the Tigers, believe they can beat any team at any time.

For what it's worth, I went to a game in the '84 Series, and I wouldn't endorse the above comparison.

Hendu
07-01-2005, 12:46 AM
Hendu:

For the first time in nine years the Tigers have a chance at a winning record...they aren't going to dump anybody...in fact they may pick up players.

Lip
We'll see. They've already made a big move and if they fall farther out of contention they will have to retool for next year. Say 20 games out of the AL Central and 10 games out of the W.C.

If they want to act like the Mets last year and pick up players despite basically being out of it....well, we know how well that's worked out for the Mets.

Banix12
07-01-2005, 03:04 AM
We'll see. They've already made a big move and if they fall farther out of contention they will have to retool for next year. Say 20 games out of the AL Central and 10 games out of the W.C.

If they want to act like the Mets last year and pick up players despite basically being out of it....well, we know how well that's worked out for the Mets.

The mets have absolutely nothing to do with this. Just because a team upgrades it's roster midseason even though they are out of it doesn't make the deal automatically bad. It goes on a case by case basis.

Here's a hypothetical. If the sox were out of it last season, should they not have added Freddy Garcia? Of course they should have added him, because they could afford him, they could use him down the road, and he's a top flight talent.

If a team can find a way to improve their ballclub at any time during the year, they should probably do it even if the upgrade is for next season. After striking out last winter in trying to lure frontline starting pitching free agents, I'm almost completely positive the Tigers are going to trade for one of the pitchers currently on the market and try to sign him immediately after the trade. My money is on AJ Burnett.

chitownhawkfan
07-01-2005, 03:20 AM
The only possible trade they could make is R White, he is not a building block but could be a useful bat off the bench for a playoff contender, and with Maggs coming back next year what do they have to lose. Even if you get a decent AA prospect it would be well worth it, they know they cant win the AL Central or the Wild Card but by getting a decent starter they could improve for next year.

:andy
Get rid of this old bum

henchmanUK
07-01-2005, 04:49 AM
They came in here and did everything they needed to do, and that's hard to accept.''

That is what we have been doing all season. That is why we are the better team than they are. Oh, and we've been getting clutch hits all season - another reason why we're the best in baseball.

CleeFan101
07-01-2005, 05:03 AM
well here is my little take on the division.

The Indians if they would of kept Lawton and Vizquel would be up by us right now maybe a few games back but close, their bullpen has been great this year and SP has been pretty solid 2 but offense for the most part horrible.

The Tigers have a very very good chance in becoming good next year. If they can add a guy like AJ Burnett which they should if they care for winning than they will have Verlander from the minors and 2 go along with Bonderman can become a great 1-2-3 punch.. the rest of their guys are fine for 4-5 starters and their offense is great if it can stay healthy.

The Twins are definitely not the same Twins of past years. Santana while has pitched well hasnt been nearly as dominant as he was last year when he was unbeatable and Radke has been a major dissapointment. Silva has been a plus but im not sure he can keep it up for the whole season. Their offense has seemed to lost a touch by losing Koskie, Guzman, Mientwizksi, and Pieryznski used to be all clutch players and the new guys better talent wise dont have that clutchness yet.

Mr. White Sox
07-01-2005, 05:32 AM
having trouble with the polish names, are we?
:D:
the Twins are based on young guys expected to contribute right away in the bigs...especially when you look at the infield. their turnabout has been great the past 5 years, and that's why they've been so solid. But, is their farm system good enough to keep supporting the big league club like this? Possibly, but with a shortened payroll, you always have to hope for starting pitching to be superb a la the big 3 when in Oakland...and the Twins are one solid starter short right now.

Iguana775
07-01-2005, 07:38 AM
http://www.theoaklandpress.com/stories/120804/pro_20041208024.shtml

Remember this gem about Craig? Couldn't afford a 30 dollar belt.

***? what a moron.

Hendu
07-01-2005, 09:18 AM
The mets have absolutely nothing to do with this. Just because a team upgrades it's roster midseason even though they are out of it doesn't make the deal automatically bad. It goes on a case by case basis.

Here's a hypothetical. If the sox were out of it last season, should they not have added Freddy Garcia? Of course they should have added him, because they could afford him, they could use him down the road, and he's a top flight talent.

If a team can find a way to improve their ballclub at any time during the year, they should probably do it even if the upgrade is for next season. After striking out last winter in trying to lure frontline starting pitching free agents, I'm almost completely positive the Tigers are going to trade for one of the pitchers currently on the market and try to sign him immediately after the trade. My money is on AJ Burnett.

The Freddy deal made sense because we knew we could sign him at a bit of a discount. The Mets, on the other hand, had to overpay for Benson to stay b/c there's nothing worse than trading away prospects, then not making the playoffs, then losing your acquisition as a free agent.

I hope the Tigers pick up Burnett, who will be a free agent. They'll have to spend a bundle to keep him there.

They might be buyers or they might be sellers; nobody knows for sure. If they fall more out of it, they definitely have some parts they can move to pick up players that will help them next year and beyond; their young pitching staff is what they should be building around.

Edit: Or they could be buyers and sellers by picking up Burnett and trading R White or Polanco to teams that are desperate for big bats.

mjharrison72
07-01-2005, 09:25 AM
The Tigers have a very dangerous top of the order. Inge, Guillen, I-Rod, and young are all very dangerous and White and Shelton can be dangerous when they want to be. They do have a very powerful lineup that should be respected, especially if Ordonez comes back healthy.

Their pitching is still a bit weak both in the rotation and bullpen and still needs a little more time to develop.

Even though the sox swept the Tigers, the first two games were incredibly close and if the tigers could have gotten a little clutch hitting, they could have easily taken two out of three this series. They played the sox tough.

I think the Tigers are better than a lot of people think, as well. Still not sure why Craig Monroe of all people is spouting off about it, but they're decent... especially after picking up Polanco.

Tragg
07-01-2005, 09:40 AM
The Tigers and the Indians will be good competition for the next several years.

However, I don't see them having anything close to MB, Garcia, Garland. It's up to us as to how we fill in the team behind those 3, as we will constantly have to replace players here and there. If we do it right, we'll beat those teams over the next few years; if we don't, we could be in trouble.

moochpuppy
07-01-2005, 10:12 AM
"This is tough, because we feel like we are the better team," Craig Monroe (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?statsId=6773) said. "But being the best team on paper doesn't mean anything. They came in here and did everything they needed to do, and that's hard to accept."

Maybe Craig Monroe doesn't know about the GREEN?

:rolleyes:

Sxy Mofo
07-01-2005, 10:16 AM
He thinks they're the better team on paper? They're not better on paper, nor in the field. So either way you look at it...

He's been going to the Dmitri-three-team-race-Young's "school of not having a clue", apparently.

Uncle_Patrick
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
Ok, Craig. The Tigers are 36-39, the White Sox are 53-24. Its clear you're the better team.

Rocky Soprano
07-01-2005, 10:17 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53215

moochpuppy
07-01-2005, 10:24 AM
He thinks they're the better team on paper? They're not better on paper, nor in the field. So either way you look at it...

He's been going to the Dmitri-three-team-race-Young's "school of not having a clue", apparently.

How are they treating you here Mofo?

Sxy Mofo
07-01-2005, 10:36 AM
How are they treating you here Mofo?

They love me like fat kids love cake.

Sxy Mofo
07-01-2005, 10:38 AM
By the way, how did you join this place in '01, and leave me to rot on the espn sox board? Jerk.

tstrike2000
07-01-2005, 10:56 AM
Same crap different day from the Kitties and sportswriters and TV stations impersonating as sports stations like "we love E.specially the red S.ox but P.articularly the N.ew york yankmees." If we had a nickel for every underhanded or negative comment about the White Sox this year, we'd have enough money to take every member of WSI to Hawaii for vacation. Tell Craig Monroe to go back and listen to his Justin Timberlake CD "Cry Me A River" and let us continue build a 25 game lead on you.

DaleJRFan
07-01-2005, 11:05 AM

I am glad their arrogance is serving them well at the bottom of the Central Division. What a bunch of puds. A "better team" would have scored the runner from third with NO outs in the bottom of the ninth. The better team would have at least scored the tying run with the bases loaded in the 13th inning.

The BETTER team swept you losers. Get used to it.

Flight #24
07-01-2005, 11:27 AM
Hendu:

Lip

They may, but it would be a stupid, stupid thing to do. If you're not going to win anythign meaningful this year, you should be doing everything you can to improve your chances of winning something meaningful next year. I.e. trading anyone who's not in your plans for next year.

What they may do is make a trade for a guy that a)they think they can either resign or b)has a multi-year deal. But since I'd guess guys like Rondell White aren't going to be Tigers in '06, they'd be better off getting something of value for him.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 11:33 AM
i don't know what paper he's talking about. the paper i read says his team is 16 games out.

This kind of reminds me of how certain ex-Sox players
would whine about how the Sox had more talent than
the Twinkies.Yet,every year from '01-'04,the Twinkies prevailed.
Previous to 2005,the Twinkies were the better
team.They didn't sit back and wait for the 3 run homer.They'd
manufacture runs,hit and run and take whatever the opponent
gave them.KIND OF LIKE THE 2005 WHITE SOX!!:D: :D: :D:

White Sox Josh
07-01-2005, 11:35 AM
Crack must be addictive to Craig Monroe.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
If you are a Tiger, what is really hard to accept is that you put runners on base for the better part of the first two games, and didn't get the needed clutch hits.

Kind of like the 2001,2002,2003 and 2004 White Sox.:(:

Ol' No. 2
07-01-2005, 11:41 AM
I wouldn't dismiss the Tigers so easily. Their pitching is 5th in the AL, and as these kids mature they're only going to get better. It's generating consistent offense where they've had trouble. They're 12th in the AL in offense, and as we saw this week, they aren't too good at getting timely hits. They'll be better next year. Cleveland will be better next year. The Twins are on the way down. KC is hopeless.

moochpuppy
07-01-2005, 11:48 AM
By the way, how did you join this place in '01, and leave me to rot on the espn sox board? Jerk.

Ah...er....um.....:whatever:

:redneck

scottjanssens
07-01-2005, 11:54 AM
I wouldn't dismiss the Tigers so easily. Their pitching is 5th in the AL, and as these kids mature they're only going to get better. It's generating consistent offense where they've had trouble. They're 12th in the AL in offense, and as we saw this week, they aren't too good at getting timely hits. They'll be better next year. Cleveland will be better next year. The Twins are on the way down. KC is hopeless.

You beat me to it ON2. I was about to say the same thing. The Tigers remind me of the White Sox in '91/'92. You can see that they're going to be a really good team, but they're not quite there yet.

fquaye149
07-01-2005, 11:59 AM
You beat me to it ON2. I was about to say the same thing. The Tigers remind me of the White Sox in '91/'92. You can see that they're going to be a really good team, but they're not quite there yet.

There's a better (potential) team in this very division in the Cleveland Indians.

Sorry I just don't buy into Detroit long or short term. They will definitely not regress to where they were two years ago, or even last year, but I don't see them being a great or even very good team.

They have some great building blocks in Bonderman, Maroth, Guillen, and Inge, but asides from that their team is really not that good. Just my opinion. They are hitting well now, and they probably will not drop off too much, but we all thought the jndjans had arrived last year. Aside from a nice stretch this year they have floundered. And the jndjans have more potential!

Look: They don't blow, but Monroe is out of his skull thinking they even belong on the same field as us right now, and frankly, I don't see us losing that much ground to them in the next two years either, what with McCarthy, Anderson, Sweeney, and Fields waiting in the wings of a young team with Pods, Rowand, Uribe, Dye, AJ, and a top notch pitching staff not going anywhere. Oh and then there's Frank.

Lip Man 1
07-01-2005, 01:19 PM
Like Phil Rogers said yesterday on Chicago Tribune Live (I'm paraphrasing...) 'the Tigers have a solid lineup but they are still two or three good pitchers away from being a real contender...'

Rogers also said that the media (including himself) overrated the Indians heading into this season.

Lip

Lip Man 1
07-01-2005, 01:43 PM
Flight:

Personally I don't think the owner would allow them to 'dump.' Remember he was quoted as saying he knows he overpaid for Magglio but said he'd do it again because the Tigers haven't 'had a winning record in nine years...'

That's a telling statement don't you think?

Lip

WhiteSoxFan84
07-01-2005, 01:58 PM
When healthy, on paper, the Tigers have a superb offense. Compared to the White Sox...

C - I-Rod > A.J.
1B - Chris Shelton < Paul Konerko
2B - Placido Planco = Tadahito Iguchi
SS - Carlos Guillen > Juan Uribe
3B - Brandon Inge = Joe Crede
LF - RonDL White < Scott Podsednik
CF - Noooook Logan < Aaron Rowand
RF - Magglio Ordonez > Jermaine Dye
DH - Dmitri Young < Frank Thomas/Carl Everett

CHW 4 - DET 3 - Ties 2

Do we even have to compare the pitching?
White Sox Staff >>>>> Tiggers Staff

Earlier in the year Dmitri Young stuck his foot in his mouth by saying that the AL Central would come down to the Tiggers and Indians. The Indians are doing alright but Dmitri "Gangsta Gangsta" Young's squad sure ain't living up to their self-promotion.

fquaye149
07-01-2005, 02:06 PM
RF - Magglio Ordonez > Jermaine Dye

Yeah but when healthy, Roberto Clemente is better than both of them. The Pirates are even better on paper than the Tigers!!!!

Banix12
07-01-2005, 08:26 PM
3B - Brandon Inge = Joe Crede

You're kidding right? Have you seen what Inge has done this season? He may not be at the level of Crede with the Glove but he can play like 5 positions and he's been batting .295 with an OBP of .380. His past seasons were not all that great but he's having an amazing breakout year

WhiteSoxFan84
07-01-2005, 08:31 PM
You're kidding right? Have you seen what Inge has done this season? He may not be at the level of Crede with the Glove but he can play like 5 positions and he's been batting .295 with an OBP of .380. His past seasons were not all that great but he's having an amazing breakout year

crede's defense has saved the team a few games and has stole a few runs away. saving runs is like scoring runs, except they aren't get track of. and his home runs have been pretty impressive and well-timed home runs. yesterday vs. the tigers, well-timed 3-run shot and i remember a monday night game vs. the twins, he tied the game with his first home run of the year, a 2-run shot.

inge can play 5 different positions, im impressed believe me, but you even said it yourself, he's having one breakthrough year, or at least thats what its been so far. id take crede over inge.

soxruleEP
07-01-2005, 09:41 PM
He must've believed The Idiot Harold Reynolds way back in March when he gave his pre-season overview of the Central and didn't even mention the Sox.

Another reason why Eastcoast Baseball Tonight conintues to ignore our boys.

Cowhead418
07-01-2005, 09:44 PM
He must've believed The Idiot Harold Reynolds way back in March when he gave his pre-season overview of the Central and didn't even mention the Sox.

Another reason why Eastcoast Baseball Tonight conintues to ignore our boys.
My jaw dropped to the floor when I saw that segment. I mean, you can say we'll do terrible all you want, but at least mention the White Sox if you're previewing the division that they reside in! I would luuuuuuuv to remind them of that preview now.:cool:

The Wunsch
07-01-2005, 09:58 PM
The Tigers are absolutely terrible on every level. They spent a modest amount of money on washed up, former steroid abusers and expect to be the win the division. They're plan is to be a poor mans Yankee's, in a time when the real Yankee's play 500 ball. They're a slow team team with no pitching. Sound like the opposite of some team.

The Tigers only hope is that Sparky Anderson is ressurected and Kirk Gibson re-grows his power mustache and come out of retirement.

Otherwise they will finish in fifth, behind the Buddy Bells Royals.

21whitesoxway
07-01-2005, 10:01 PM
MONROE=ONE CLASSY GUY

Banix12
07-01-2005, 10:13 PM
crede's defense has saved the team a few games and has stole a few runs away. saving runs is like scoring runs, except they aren't get track of. and his home runs have been pretty impressive and well-timed home runs. yesterday vs. the tigers, well-timed 3-run shot and i remember a monday night game vs. the twins, he tied the game with his first home run of the year, a 2-run shot.

inge can play 5 different positions, im impressed believe me, but you even said it yourself, he's having one breakthrough year, or at least thats what its been so far. id take crede over inge.

The dropoff from defense from Crede to Inge isn't great enough to make it a huge issue. And I'll take a guy who has had one breakout year and bats leadoff than a guy who has never had a breakout year and bats eighth.