PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Rotation

shoota
06-30-2005, 06:18 PM
In 2000, the White Sox, despite their record, were forced to play their playoffs games in the day because they weren't as much of a national television ratings draw as the Yankees were. That season, the Sox were not a good day game team, IIRC. They also had to deal with the shadows of Safeco Field crossing over the home plate area.

This year, it might be a blessing in disguise to play day games because we have a starting pitcher who thrives in day games, Freddy Garcia.

I would expect the playoff rotation to be: Buehrle, Garcia, Garland, El Duque (if healthy) with Contreras in the bullpen. If the Sox are scheduled to play night games, or a mix of day and night games, I think the rotation should be juggled to allow Garcia to pitch the first day game, even if that means he takes the ball before Buehrle, or after El Duque.

fquaye149
06-30-2005, 06:21 PM
hold your horses big guy for three reasons

a.) we haven't made the playoffs yet

b.) we don't know what transactions will be made by the end of the year

c.) we don't know who will be healthy.

why talk about this now? we've already talked about it 800 times in the last month and each time it has been grossly premature.

TaylorStSox
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
hold your horses big guy for three reasons

a.) we haven't made the playoffs yet

b.) we don't know what transactions will be made by the end of the year

c.) we don't know who will be healthy.

why talk about this now? we've already talked about it 800 times in the last month and each time it has been grossly premature.

Exactly. It's JUNE.

JUNE!!!!!!

BNLSox
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I couldnt agree with you more on your designed rotation plans. Now let everyone yell at us for discussing this matter too early.

Yorke97
06-30-2005, 06:44 PM
While I agree it may be to early to talk about this, I also believe that starting Garcia on the road, and not at home might be good aswell.

RedPinStripes
06-30-2005, 06:49 PM
They haven't won **** yet. Looks good, but I refuse to talk playoffs until we're 10 games up in late August.

SoxSpeed22
06-30-2005, 06:52 PM
They haven't won **** yet. Looks good, but I refuse to talk playoffs until we're 10 games up in late August.For me make that until we clinch a playoff spot.

shoota
06-30-2005, 07:05 PM
Exactly. It's JUNE.

JUNE!!!!!!

Weren't you the one who called ME a dark cloud? The Sox are going to win the division.

TaylorStSox
06-30-2005, 07:08 PM
Weren't you the one who called ME a dark cloud? The Sox are going to win the division.

You don't understand what a dark cloud is.

lths06
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Let's talk about this after July 31st :wink:

RallyBowl
06-30-2005, 08:30 PM
Does a day victory count as a victory in the shoota system? after all, we're not the scrubs- we play our games at night because our fans have jobs!

kojak
06-30-2005, 08:41 PM
Let's talk about this after July 31st :wink:

As Jim Shorts would say "Ahhhh...don't you mean June 31st, ya nutwad!"

Iguana775
06-30-2005, 09:37 PM
Exactly. It's JUNE.

JUNE!!!!!!

Tomorrow's July. ;)

Fake Chet Lemon
06-30-2005, 11:37 PM
I just spoke with Jerry Manual, he recommended Neil Cotts in game 1 if it's a day game. If a night game, then Neil Cotts.

kevingrt
06-30-2005, 11:44 PM
For me make that until we clinch a playoff spot.

After the champagne shower in the locker room then I will be talking all the playoffs you guys want to talk about. For now I will take a vow of silence from talking about anything past October 2nd.

fquaye149
06-30-2005, 11:47 PM
I just spoke with Jerry Manual, he recommended Neil Cotts in game 1 if it's a day game. If a night game, then Neil Cotts.

see - that is the one time of year where winning the series trumps every other concern.

jerry, crackerjack manager he is, must have been preparing his team for the playoffs because it was a season he couldn't possibly ruin for them

ChicagoHoosier
07-01-2005, 10:18 AM
I have been too nervous to jinx this wonderful season by posting anything related to this topic, so I will simply echo what the others have posted. Let's wait until it's a done deal and then start talking about it. LOT of season left. That's not a dark cloud hovering over, but more of not counting a chicken before it's hatched.I do think about it. Just don't discuss it.

gosox3072
07-01-2005, 03:08 PM
Where is Jim Parque, we could use him in our rotation!