PDA

View Full Version : Time To Consider Garcia For ASG

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2005, 05:42 PM
As we talk about Buehrle and Garland being locks, I think it is now time to throw Freddy's name into the mix for serious consideration.

buehrle4cy05
06-30-2005, 05:42 PM
Was listening to the Sox postgame, and Rooney and Farmer believed that Garcia's outing today should push him into the All-Star game. I think he deserves it, but he has the fact that 15 other teams have to have at least 1 All-Star, it's probably unlikely that he will make it.

BNLSox
06-30-2005, 06:28 PM
Honestly, virtually our whole pitching staff deserves a trip to the AS game. They have been AMAZING. While I'd love to see Freddy there too, none of us should be suprised if their are only two white sox in detroit.

That being said, the real reward for regular season dominance, is post season play. So when Francona glosses over Tadahito, AJ, PK, Politte, Hermy, Pods, and Garcia, they should take note of his oversites and beat the living snot out of his team when we face them both in reg and post season play.

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 06:31 PM
Hey, the more rested the Sox are by getting the All Star days off, the stronger we'll be in 2nd Half. On the other hand, the more Sox we get in the ASG, the better chance we have of having home field advantage in late Oct.

hold2dibber
06-30-2005, 06:39 PM
I also was thinking about that today. He's now in the top 10 in the league in ERA and has been an absolute work horse this year. I really think the performance of the starting pitchers is somewhat contagious in that they all want to be part of the dominance and none of them want to be the "weak link". Not since '93-'94 teams have the Sox had such a dominant starting pitching. They're awfully fun to watch right now. It's probably not realistic to think that the Sox will get 3 starters on the All-Star team, but there's no doubt that all 3 of those guys deserve to be there.

JB98
06-30-2005, 06:53 PM
I'd say Buerhle, Garland, Halladay and Clement are the only four starters that would be taken ahead of Garcia. You just wonder if Freddy will get caught up in a numbers game. Some one has to be chosen from Kansas City, and my guess is it will be Andrew Sisco. That takes one spot away from a more deserving pitcher.

GoRowand33
06-30-2005, 11:15 PM
i think freddy makes the allstar game only if:

if kennyrogers is suspended so long that he cudnt play :dtroll: :gulp:

Fake Chet Lemon
07-01-2005, 02:18 PM
Good timing. I was just on ESPN.com before this. I just emailed Schwarz and criticized him for not even mentioning Freddy, and also ripped him for ignoring Politte and Dustin.

JermaineDye05
07-01-2005, 02:22 PM
I dunno if I wana see Freddy pitching in the allstar, it'll be nice to see, but we know how he can be in his first inning of work, and I wouldn't like to see him make any mistakes to the NL Allstars

hold2dibber
07-01-2005, 03:05 PM
I'd say Buerhle, Garland, Halladay and Clement are the only four starters that would be taken ahead of Garcia. You just wonder if Freddy will get caught up in a numbers game. Some one has to be chosen from Kansas City, and my guess is it will be Andrew Sisco. That takes one spot away from a more deserving pitcher.

I think Garcia's been better than Clement - but probably not as good as Colon. But other than that, I agree.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 03:27 PM
Hey, the more rested the Sox are by getting the All Star days off, the stronger we'll be in 2nd Half. On the other hand, the more Sox we get in the ASG, the better chance we have of having home field advantage in late Oct.

Right.The less wear and tear on the arms of Garland,Beuhrle and Garcia,
the better. The Sox open the second half with a 4 game set in Cleveland.
They'll need the big 3 in good shape for the second half.