PDA

View Full Version : Sox in park pre-game video

bartmanisgod
06-30-2005, 03:53 PM
Does anyone know if there is some place to find the video that the Sox play before the start of home games? It is the one set to the music from Pirates of the Carribean, but I was wondering if there was somewhere you could download it from?

zach074
06-30-2005, 04:24 PM
Does anyone know if there is some place to find the video that the Sox play before the start of home games? It is the one set to the music from Pirates of the Carribean, but I was wondering if there was somewhere you could download it from?

There is no where that i know of to download it but if anyone finds one tell me i love the video, it gives me chills.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-30-2005, 04:25 PM
i thought that was the last of the mohicans theme. yes i do not know how to spell that, thank you

spiffie
06-30-2005, 04:29 PM
It's both themes. The first half is "Elk Hunt" from Last of the Mohicans, then the second half is "He's a Pirate" from PotC.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
i thought that was the last of the mohicans theme. yes i do not know how to spell that, thank you

I believe you spelled mohicans right, so far there has been no bell rung..........

Congrats, you are the new 6th grade spelling champ!!!!! :cool:

ChicagoHoosier
06-30-2005, 04:34 PM
Isn't there a thread on the music to this every couple weeks or so?

JohnBasedowYoda
06-30-2005, 04:47 PM
I believe you spelled mohicans right, so far there has been no bell rung..........

Congrats, you are the new 6th grade spelling champ!!!!! :cool:

please tell me i win a gift certificate to kiddie land

SouthSide4Life
06-30-2005, 04:48 PM
There is no where that i know of to download it but if anyone finds one tell me i love the video, it gives me chills.that makes 2 of us. we gotta find it somewhere

VeeckAsInWreck
06-30-2005, 04:49 PM
Isn't there a thread on the music to this every couple weeks or so?

Yeah, but everyone wants a copy of the video. I say whoever wants it should email Brooks, and tell him that it should be included in the 2005 World Champs DVD.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-30-2005, 04:50 PM
please tell me i win a gift certificate to kiddie land

Yes, along with a free meal at the Denny's down the street! :D: But you have to tell them that it's your birthday. :happybday

SoxFan76
06-30-2005, 04:58 PM
The Sox pregame is awesome. I've been to 6 games this year and it's actually the part I most look forward to. When AC/DC hits, man I get the chills every time. I looove Sox Park.

BRDSR
06-30-2005, 05:06 PM
The Sox pregame is awesome. I've been to 6 games this year and it's actually the part I most look forward to. When AC/DC hits, man I get the chills every time. I looove Sox Park.

I totally agree. Everyone I go to the game with makes fun of me because when the video comes on I tell them that its the best part of the whole game and then its over and they look at me like I'm crazy. But I love that video. "Sox Fans: On. Your. Feet. For your 2005 Chicago White Sox! Haha, its awesome. If that video ever becomes available, I want to know about it.

Foulke You
06-30-2005, 05:50 PM
I totally agree. Everyone I go to the game with makes fun of me because when the video comes on I tell them that its the best part of the whole game and then its over and they look at me like I'm crazy. But I love that video. "Sox Fans: On. Your. Feet. For your 2005 Chicago White Sox! Haha, its awesome. If that video ever becomes available, I want to know about it.
Yep, that video rules. I think the Sox should hang on to that one for a while. I watch it closely every time I go to the park.

FedEx227
06-30-2005, 06:31 PM
yeah all my friends laugh 'cause I go nuts during that part and get so many chills up and down my body... but that comes with being a lifelong White Sox fan.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-30-2005, 06:34 PM
Yes, along with a free meal at the Denny's down the street! :D: But you have to tell them that it's your birthday. :happybday

i had breakfast at denny's today

chitownhawkfan
06-30-2005, 06:48 PM
That video is the reason I make sure I am in my seat fifteen minutes earlier than usual, when they start to play AC/DC Thunderstruck and announce the starting lineups I go crazy. Are we the only team in baseball who does basketball like introductions like this. If we are, it is just one more reason why nothing beats being a Sox fan.

:andy
Thunder, nananananananana

C-Dawg
06-30-2005, 09:15 PM
There is no where that i know of to download it but if anyone finds one tell me i love the video, it gives me chills.

It is a relief to read that I'm not the only one who gets goose bumps when that video is on.

Actually I wouldn't mind seeing an "extended mix" version of it, with narration or captions to help with some of the stuff that's before my time. At any rate its good to see that all that old footage is saved and the Sox know the significance of it. This is a team with a LOT of history.

CubKilla
06-30-2005, 09:50 PM
A poster on another board e-mailed Brooks about this and Brooks answered that the Sox cannot release a web version of the video due to copyright laws concerning the use of the LotM, PotC, and AC/DC songs.

Steakpita
07-01-2005, 11:04 AM
oooh man, I get the goosebumps too. The best was at Friday's Cubs-Sox game when my (cub fan) friend was talking crap about us having a "new-fangled, nontraditional Jumbotron"... I shut him up and told him to wait ten minutes... After I got done rocking out with AC/DC I looked at him, he looked at me and mouthed "Oh." Then Frank hit that big bomb in the 1st. I don't know that I've ever been happier.

Legal or not, someone's gotta find that thing! That and the "Go Go White Sox "song/video montage followed by Sweet Home Chicago are classics and should be a part of Sox tradition for years, IMO.

bludupree
07-01-2005, 11:38 AM
A poster on another board e-mailed Brooks about this and Brooks answered that the Sox cannot release a web version of the video due to copyright laws concerning the use of the LotM, PotC, and AC/DC songs.

What about releaseing the video without the music. I already have all the music.

skobabe8
07-01-2005, 02:03 PM
yeah all my friends laugh 'cause I go nuts during that part and get so many chills up and down my body... but that comes with being a lifelong White Sox fan.

I almost cried once.

joe_tansey2004
07-01-2005, 02:26 PM

I wonder if we email the chicago white sox about the intro if they can tell us a way to get ahold of the video. Im going to email them and see what they say.

VeeckAsInWreck
07-01-2005, 02:31 PM
I almost cried once.

During the montage, I sometimes want to be held. :tongue: Was teal necessary for that?

TomBradley72
07-01-2005, 02:43 PM
I wonder if we email the chicago white sox about the intro if they can tell us a way to get ahold of the video. Im going to email them and see what they say.

I emailed Brooks...he said they can't distribute the video because of the copyrights on the music...I suggested that they make a version with more generic music and that the footage was what made it so awesome. Never heard back. He also said they are working on a version they could use to begin TV broadcasts (ie. like the Bulls do with their opening segment)....

skobabe8
07-01-2005, 05:13 PM
I emailed Brooks...he said they can't distribute the video because of the copyrights on the music...I suggested that they make a version with more generic music and that the footage was what made it so awesome. Never heard back. He also said they are working on a version they could use to begin TV broadcasts (ie. like the Bulls do with their opening segment)....

I really hope we see that very soon.

MERPER
07-01-2005, 07:02 PM
I also get chiils watching that pregame video... I have a friend coming in from Memphis who is a Sox fan but has not been to a game, so we are going next weekend... I can't wait for him to see that intro and other friends of mine the same... it is special because it showcases the franchise and the music is simply amazing!

I think someone should email Brooks back and ask him to release the video part with no audio... I have all the audio and can easily add it to the video... I'd do it, but I don't have his email address!