PDA

View Full Version : Damn you Vince Vaughn

South Side
06-30-2005, 04:46 PM
Well, he's been spotted at Wrigley today with a Cubs shirt on. Fraud. However, he was with the director Jon Favure who was in a Sox jersey. Guess those who called him a bandwagoner were right....

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 05:00 PM
Favreau was in a Sox jersey at a Cubs game?! Wow, I love that guy.

http://www.pub.umich.edu/daily/1998/oct/10-16-98/photos/fileartsswingers2.gif
"I'm just saying, the Sox are better is all..."

maurice
06-30-2005, 05:05 PM
Screw Vaughn. Favreau appears to be a bandwagon jumper, being from NY and all.

SoxSpeed22
06-30-2005, 05:12 PM
Ouch.

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Screw Vaughn. Favreau appears to be a bandwagon jumper, being from NY and all.Still, pretty ballsy for the guy to wear a Sox jersey at a Cubs-Brewers game.

maurice
06-30-2005, 05:16 PM
Still, pretty ballsy for the guy to wear a Sox jersey at a Cubs-Brewers game.

Not if he knows anything about cubs or brewers fans. It's not like an Oakland Raiders game.

Irishsox1
06-30-2005, 05:32 PM
Being that Vaughn is from the north shore, I always thought he was a Cubs fan. But, maybe he's a "Chicago" fan rooting for both teams. We know that it's impossible to do that, but I know Chicago natives that root for both teams. On the whole their not sports people.

My guess is that Vince doesn't want to piss of any movie fans and will play up the Chicago thing. I would rather do that, than be a die hard Flubbie fan like Uncle Fester or that serious actor Jim Blow-lushi. He's a serious actor...right?, because I'm not laughing.

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 05:43 PM
Not if he knows anything about cubs or brewers fans. It's not like an Oakland Raiders game.If I was a celebrity going to watch a team play, I wouldn't wear their crosstown rivals jersey that they're not even playing that day. All that does is open the door for the legion of drunk idiots at any sporting event to come up to you and start trouble.

MIgrenade
06-30-2005, 05:55 PM
Still, pretty ballsy for the guy to wear a Sox jersey at a Cubs-Brewers game.

The Brewers hate the Cubs so those fans won't care, if there are any, and I always see a bunch of Cubs gear at the Cell. Happy to have the favor returned.

Lip Man 1
06-30-2005, 06:12 PM
One of the newspapers (Phil Arvia's column) did a story on this. Vince was quoted as saying he was a Cubs fan by birth.

Lip

Foulke You
06-30-2005, 06:55 PM
One of the newspapers (Phil Arvia's column) did a story on this. Vince was quoted as saying he was a Cubs fan by birth.

Lip
Isn't he originally from Michigan? Transplants tend to be cut from the "I root for both teams" cloth.

Cubbiesuck13
06-30-2005, 06:56 PM

Lip

Someone very smart once said: He couldn't have been a true cubs fan to wear a SOX hat.

To which someone not very smart (me) responded: Yeah, but how many true cubs fans are there?

South Side
06-30-2005, 07:07 PM
Jennifer Aniston was also there. Annnd we all know how big a Cub fan she is!

South Side
06-30-2005, 07:15 PM
Screw Vaughn. Favreau appears to be a bandwagon jumper, being from NY and all.

He was with the ImprovOlympic so that's probably when he became a Sox fan which is odd considering Improv Olympic is right by Wrigley.

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 07:19 PM
Jennifer Aniston was also there. Annnd we all know how big a Cub fan she is!They're filming a movie, man. They probably had an off-day or a cast outing or something.

South Side
06-30-2005, 07:45 PM
They're filming a movie, man. They probably had an off-day or a cast outing or something.

I am aware, thanks. The celebrities add to the obnoxiousness of Wrigley.

Hendu
06-30-2005, 08:52 PM
Vince was probably just looking for some babies who like to party. And we all know how the trixies at Wrigley are like scared bunnies just waiting for someone to intimidate them with their big bear claws and fangs. He's so money!

Ah, what a great movie

C-Dawg
06-30-2005, 10:44 PM
The celebrities add to the obnoxiousness of Wrigley.

I'm surprised he didn't sing during the 7th Inning Stretch. You can bet he tried to get Bob Eukker ( < I have no clue how to spell that LOL) pulled and himself substituted, that's for sure.

Oh well, no one hates Hollywood celebrities more than I do. If they start showing up at the Cell to sing during the Stretch I think I'll vomit.

:chunks:

slavko
07-01-2005, 01:10 AM
They're filming a movie, man. They probably had an off-day or a cast outing or something.
Wrigleyville would be a great place to have an "outing."

Unregistered
07-01-2005, 01:37 AM
and.... zing. :D:

irish rover
07-01-2005, 08:28 AM
was listening to the brewer/coob game via the brewer broadcast, Ucker sang the 7th inning stretch. They talked about how when he did it the first time he recieved a ton of mail form chicago basicly telling to to stay outa chicago and also according to him , was villified by talk radio. ALl for not saying"root root for the cubbies"

DumpJerry
07-01-2005, 08:31 AM
Being that Vaughn is from the north shore....
He's from Oak Park. Oak Park River Forest High School.

SOXPHILE
07-01-2005, 10:35 AM
He's from Oak Park. Oak Park River Forest High School.

No, he actually is from Lake Forest. Went to Lake Forest High School. In fact, a couple of months ago, he made an appearance there to speak to the kids, some sort of "celebrity graduate day" or something. So much for the stereotype of many Cub fans being spoiled North Shore residents.

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 11:06 AM

Lip

:chunks

SOXSINCE'70
07-01-2005, 11:08 AM

Carlos Lee's last AB Thursday was a great outing.

ONTO WAVELAND AVENUE!!!!!!:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

DumpJerry
07-01-2005, 01:38 PM
No, he actually is from Lake Forest. Went to Lake Forest High School. In fact, a couple of months ago, he made an appearance there to speak to the kids, some sort of "celebrity graduate day" or something. So much for the stereotype of many Cub fans being spoiled North Shore residents.
My halfway bad. According to Hollywood.com, he was raised in the "Oak Park-Lake Forest area." Wherever that is.:?:

SOXPHILE
07-01-2005, 01:47 PM
My halfway bad. According to Hollywood.com, he was raised in the "Oak Park-Lake Forest area." Wherever that is.:?:

Heh heh heh....did they really ? Wow ! That's a pretty big "area". That reminds me, I'm supposed to go out drinking with some of my friends tonight in the "Schaumburg-Rockford Area".

cleanwsox
07-01-2005, 01:53 PM
He went to Lake Forest High School, even dated Renee Zellweger for a bit.