PDA

View Full Version : Has Hawk and DJ ever read your email?

DrGiggles
06-30-2005, 03:47 PM
I've sent the same email to them 6 games in a row and they never answer mine. I think I have a good question, but it never gets read. ARGHHH!!!! Here is what I sent them. "My question is why even when a ball hits the "foul pole" it is considered fair. The "foul pole" is actually in fair ground, but why is it called a foul pole instead of a fair pole?"

scottjanssens
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
I've sent the same email to them 6 games in a row and they never answer mine. I think I have a good question, but it never gets read. ARGHHH!!!! Here is what I sent them. "My question is why even when a ball hits the "foul pole" it is considered fair. The "foul pole" is actually in fair ground, but why is it called a foul pole instead of a fair pole?"

That's a good question?

BTW, do you know the definition of insanity?

Rocklive99
06-30-2005, 03:51 PM
Some people call it the fair pole some people call it the foul pole. I say ketchup, you say catsup

bluestar
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
They read my question once, but they never really answered the question I asked. I sent my question a couple of years ago, and I asked why they though the Sox had so much trouble hitting against pitchers they had never seen before. Hawk replied, "[insert my name], you are soooooo right about that." Then he and DJ started talking about all the pitchers the Sox had faced for the first time and had trouble against. They never offered any explanation as to why they thought this occurred.

fledgedrallycap
06-30-2005, 03:54 PM
Yeah, Hawk read one of my emails last year when I said hello to my Dad and asked what he and DJ do when the Sox are broadcasted nationally?

32nd&Wallace
06-30-2005, 04:40 PM
Yeah, Hawk read one of my emails last year when I said hello to my Dad and asked what he and DJ do when the Sox are broadcasted nationally?what do they do?

32nd&Wallace
06-30-2005, 04:41 PM
in june my stepmom had detached retina surgery. I sent hawk an email asking her to wish her well because he had just had it. i thought that was a guarantee. never got read though.

ramorgan1
06-30-2005, 05:22 PM
my buddy is 1/1 on emails sent/emails read... but i've never sent one. he said he was listening to the dodgers vin scully and thought he was good, asked who hawk/dj liked listening to... they answered, though i don't remember who they liked.

bluestar
06-30-2005, 05:31 PM
Yeah, Hawk read one of my emails last year when I said hello to my Dad and asked what he and DJ do when the Sox are broadcasted nationally?

I remember that one! I believe Hawk answered that he sometimes comes to the park and watches the game from the walkway that runs from the dugout to the clubhouse, but he also sometimes just stays in his hotel room, orders room service and watches the game on TV.

Paxson93
06-30-2005, 05:44 PM
My sister sent an email to Hawk a few years back about a bunch of us meeting the Sox out in Boston and how cool they were-- thanking us for coming out, giving us tickets to a later game in the series, etc. They read it a couple days after it was sent... unfortunately on a Sunday when all of us who had been in Boston were playing softball and were unable to catch the broadcast. But a friend gave us a recap: "I luuuuv to hear stories like that." :D:

bluestar
06-30-2005, 06:05 PM
They read it a couple days after it was sent...

This is a good thing to note if you ever send in a question or message - they don't always read them the day you send them. Although I sent in my question at the beginning of a game where Hawk said they were "interactive", the didn't read the question until the next day's broadcast. So if you send in a question, just remember they may not read it during that particular game.

chitownhawkfan
06-30-2005, 07:52 PM
I've never been read and actually I'm at least 0 for 3 but it seems like, if you can get Hawk talking about the old days it has a good shot of getting read, if you asked for example "Tim Wakefield has a good knuckler, who had the best knuckler you've ever seen" it seems like these questions always make it.

:andy

oeo
06-30-2005, 07:53 PM
in june my stepmom had detached retina surgery. I sent hawk an email asking her to wish her well because he had just had it. i thought that was a guarantee. never got read though.

Really? Because I remember him reading an e-mail and the person who sent it was related to the person that was getting the surgery. I know I heard it, maybe it was someone different, or you may have missed it?

SOXfnNlansing
06-30-2005, 08:35 PM
Hawk read mine on June 10th @SD. I just asked what they did on their off day in SD. I figured they wouldn't mind talking about themselves to the viewers about it and I was correct. It was pretty cool hearing my name (very unique) being read on the air. I emailed 7 hours before game time. I don't know if that helps getting on or not but I'm 1-1 on emails sent/read.

RallyBowl
06-30-2005, 08:42 PM
anyone ever ask them if they have heard of WSI?

TornLabrum
06-30-2005, 08:47 PM
I remember that one! I believe Hawk answered that he sometimes comes to the park and watches the game from the walkway that runs from the dugout to the clubhouse, but he also sometimes just stays in his hotel room, orders room service and watches the game on TV.:hawk

"I luuuuuuuv room service."

Tragg
06-30-2005, 10:01 PM
I've never been read and actually I'm at least 0 for 3 but it seems like, if you can get Hawk talking about the old days it has a good shot of getting read, if you asked for example "Tim Wakefield has a good knuckler, who had the best knuckler you've ever seen" it seems like these questions always make it.

Exactly
I like Hawk, but he basically answers the emails sent by kids ( be it in body or mind)

mike squires
06-30-2005, 10:03 PM
He's read two of mine. One evening my wife fot Mexican take out. We sat back relazed and strapped it down and while I had a chip in my mouth he said, "Here's an e-mail from Michael Penny" I shockingly looked over at my wife and said, "well that's pretty cool!' For the life of me I can't remember what it was. There was another one he read that I didn't actually hear my name but it was very similar and figured it was mine. I asked where would the homers land in new Comiskey that used to land on the roof. He kind of messed it up and made it sound like I asked if they would have landed over the new Comiskey. Of course it wouldn't have. It is going to kill me not remembering what I asked in that first one. Maybe I wrote it down somewhere.

nedlug
06-30-2005, 10:29 PM
I've sent in one time, and I don't know if they ever read it. It was last year or the year before that... someone hit into a 6-4-3 double play with no outs and the bases loaded, and the run scored. However, they didn't get the RBI in that situation. I asked if there's any other plays where a hitter doesn't get an RBI when he hits the ball and a run scores.

Fake Chet Lemon
06-30-2005, 11:34 PM
I continually email Hawk and beg him to give a pitch count once in a while, especially around the 7th inning. That drives me nuts, they NEVER give the pitch count and of course never read the email. Hawk- IT'S POSTED UP ON ONE OF THE AUXILIARY SCOREBOARDS AT THE CELL. JUST LOOK YOU LAZY-***!