PDA

View Full Version : Shingo doing better

buehrle4cy05
06-30-2005, 01:27 PM
Watching Shingo pitch last night, he was throwing strikes, and that last inning A) he had already pitched more than he usually does
B) All the Tigers were doing was hitting weak ducksnort base hits

That being said, is it time for Ozzie to start using Shingo in more pressure situations?

scottjanssens
06-30-2005, 01:31 PM
I agree. The two hits he gave up were cheap hits and his one walk was intentional.

I think Ozzie was ahead of us on this call. That was no mop up duty Ozzie sent him into.

Palehose Pete
06-30-2005, 01:33 PM
I think that one result of Shingo seeing limited action during the season is that if/when the Sox get to October, teams will not be accustomed to seeing Shingo's pitches and he'll more useful to the Sox then.

JermaineDye05
06-30-2005, 01:34 PM
the biggest part about it was no frizbees everyones looking for that pitch from him now, so instead he's just blowing fastballs by them, I have a feeling after a couple more games of this where he establishes the fastball and everyones looking for that he'll start catching them offguard with the frizbee again, we may see the rebirth of Mr.Zero

White Sox Josh
06-30-2005, 01:48 PM
Watching Shingo pitch last night, he was throwing strikes, and that last inning A) he had already pitched more than he usually does
B) All the Tigers were doing was hitting weak ducksnort base hits

That being said, is it time for Ozzie to start using Shingo in more pressure situations?yes. He will get some save ops soon.

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 02:25 PM
yes. He will get some save ops soon.

you mean some more, as he clearly had a save op last night, several innings worth

daveeym
06-30-2005, 02:27 PM
you mean some more, as he clearly had a save op last night, several innings worthUhm he got the win, that wasn't a save op.

Uncle_Patrick
06-30-2005, 02:32 PM
you mean some more, as he clearly had a save op last night, several innings worth

When Shingo came in the game was tied. That's not a save op.

IlliniSox
06-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Shingo in June: 8.2 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 10K, 2BB.

Not exactly pressure situations, but he looked like he was popping 'em into the mitt last night.

DickAllen72
06-30-2005, 04:37 PM
Shingo in June: 8.2 IP, 1 ER, 4 H, 10K, 2BB.

It seems as if Shingo starts slow and come June he's lights out. I wonder if this was his pattern in Japan also?