PDA

View Full Version : Uribe's Play Is No Web Gem?

kittle545feet
06-30-2005, 01:07 PM
I was listening to the game last night at work and when Uribe made one of the most clutch, big time plays, Farmer said for sure it would be a web gem on ESPN's Baseball Tonight. I was excited to see the play because of how the game hung on the line and plus, Rooney went ballistic, so I knew it was a good play. I finally saw the play on the Sox web site this morning and was just blown away. Well, to make a long story short...... not one mention by the guys on BBT!These guys suck such ass its not even funny. The top plays were the catches Brandon Inge made. The first one he didn't have to even dive for to catch.The other plays were also as bad when compared to the play by Uribe. One of them was Mike Cameron chasing down a long fly ball. Shouldn't the fact that if Uribe doesn't make that play... we lose, count for something?. Pure and simple, we lose if he doesn't make that play. And to make a play like that with the game on the line and not even get mentioned for a web gem is a joke. Sorry to rant, but Juan deserved some recognition for the game saving play he made. I know us Sox fans appreciate it even if the crew in Bristol consistently and purposely overlook the White Sox.

mrfourni
06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
The top plays were the catches Brandon Inge made. The first one he didn't have to even dive for to catch/QUOTE]

I thought the same thing when i was watching the game.

Soxzilla
06-30-2005, 01:11 PM
Meh. Brantley just would have butchered his name anyways.

Iwritecode
06-30-2005, 01:16 PM
They mentioned it during the actual game highlights last night on BBTN. IIRC, they said that it would be a web gem nominee.

PBRWarrior
06-30-2005, 01:17 PM
The Fact that ESPN overlooks the Sox in all aspects is just something we are going to have to learn to live with. We consume so much time talking about what ESPN says or doesn't say about us. I think the worst disrespect comes from the local newspapers. Screw ESPN and all them no talent hacks they got working there!

JermaineDye05
06-30-2005, 01:23 PM
last night on BBTN they did show the play and gave it a nominee, and Reynolds said "I don't care what people say about the offense, it's the defense that's winning the games, they catch the ball that's why theyre in first, that's a great play", I think it got some recognition, they also made a comment on mike cameron's play and kinda said it shouldn't have been there, don't worry bout what they said, we still won

Huisj
06-30-2005, 01:30 PM
They didn't seem to highlight the fact though that if Polanco would have been safe, the game would have been over because the winning run was crossing the plate at the same time. oh well.

Also, on Tuesday, they didn't even show Dye's home run on Touch 'em All. Every night they say "Here are the most significant home runs of the night," and then they go on to show every homerun that doesn't have any change in the outcome of the game. I doubt our buddy "shoota" would even count half of those homeruns as real homers, because lots of them happen in the late innings of blowouts, just like all of Crede's. :rolleyes:

Anyway, for them not to show Dye's the other night made no sense at all, because it was what won the game for the Sox. How is that not significant.

Oh I know how, he plays for the Sox. my bad.

White Sox Josh
06-30-2005, 01:31 PM
:whocares
Who cares what ESPN thinks? Let them drool over the great Kerry Wood.

tschneid83
06-30-2005, 01:32 PM
They didn't seem to highlight the fact though that if Polanco would have been safe, the game would have been over because the winning run was crossing the plate at the same time. oh well.

Also, on Tuesday, they didn't even show Dye's home run on Touch 'em All. Every night they say "Here are the most significant home runs of the night," and then they go on to show every homerun that doesn't have any change in the outcome of the game. I doubt our buddy "shoota" would even count half of those homeruns as real homers, because lots of them happen in the late innings of blowouts, just like all of Crede's. :rolleyes:

Anyway, for them not to show Dye's the other night made no sense at all, because it was what won the game for the Sox. How is that not significant.

Oh I know how, he plays for the Sox. my bad.

Many of times I have not seen sox HR's on "touch some of them"

buehrle4cy05
06-30-2005, 02:24 PM
If it was Jeter, it would have been #1.

Sadly, no need for teal.

skobabe8
06-30-2005, 02:28 PM

Sadly, no need for teal.

Oh without a doubt. If it were any Yankee, Cub, Red Sox, Cardinal, Phillie, Oriole, .....

MikeLove
06-30-2005, 02:32 PM
they went way more indepth on sportscenter with the sox game, like at least twice the highlights, youd thing a show dedicated strictly to baseball would show more, but whatever....

Cowhead418
06-30-2005, 02:36 PM
they went way more indepth on sportscenter with the sox game, like at least twice the highlights, youd thing a show dedicated strictly to baseball would show more, but whatever....
I noticed that on sportscenter it was the longest highlight I've ever seen of a Sox game.

hold2dibber
06-30-2005, 02:41 PM
The Trib's write up today didn't include any mention of Uribe's game-saving play either. ***?

maurice
06-30-2005, 03:06 PM

If it was Jeter, the ball would have rolled into LF and the Yanks would have lost the game. :cool: