PDA

View Full Version : 5th starter back-up: Jamie Moyer

Medford Bobby
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
How about a sure 5th starter back up to El Duque if he breaks down...?:?:

Would Seattle want another talent raid from the Sox farm sysytem??

He's 6 and 3 with a 4.88 ERA...Has given up 7 jacks.....:whiner:

Lotsa talk on Seattle radio about trading away Jamie.....:o:

scottjanssens
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM

Jamie deserves a lot of credit for lasting as long as he has. I thought 2002 would be his last season. But I wouldn't want him. Consider that those numbers came while his home park is a notorious pitcher's ballpark.

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 11:40 AM

I really do not see how this is an upgrade over what we already have.

Flight #24
06-30-2005, 11:47 AM

Given the return the M's have had to date on the last "talent raid", I think they'd be wary of another one.

34 Inch Stick
06-30-2005, 12:20 PM
We can go the rest of the season with what we have at SP. I like our chances in the postseason with Buhrle, Garland, Garcia and a well rested El Duque.

MIgrenade
06-30-2005, 01:26 PM
I really think this team could use another power pitcher. I don't think Jamie Moyer will help at all in the post season, I see him getting lit up. I sure as hell wouldn't give up Anderson or McCarthy for him. McCarthy will probably pitch as well as Moyer the rest of the way anyhow. If they are going to make a move it better be a big move, otherwise just stand pat.

Banix12
06-30-2005, 05:17 PM
I've been suggesting this one for a couple weeks now. His numbers lie, he's been actually having a good season this year outside of 5 starts where he absolutely got shelled (4 in a row in late april-early may and one last week). Compared to all the pitchers the sox have been reported to be looking at (the rouges gallery of Schmidt, Lilly, Zito, Jennings) Jaime Moyer is probably having just as good a season if not better one than all of them.

In those 5 starts he was shelled he threw 17 1/3 innings and allowed 29 earned runs and 3 HR's for an ERA in those starts of 15.06

In his 11 good starts he threw 73 innings allowed only 20 earned runs and 4 HR's for an ERA in those starts of 2.46.

I do worry somewhat that he has been mostly getting shelled on the Road Games (usually in Oakland) and has a 7.32 ERA in those games and left handers have been hurting him. I'm not saying he's a great option, but he's probably just as good an option as the oft injured Schmidt, has-been-since-2002 Zito and the two projects Lilly and Jennings

Tragg
07-01-2005, 08:46 AM

Would you actually let them raid our farm system for.........Moyer?
Garcia was one thing, but Moyer?

TDog
07-01-2005, 11:18 AM
Moyer is very popular in Seattle. He also is very active in the community. I don't think the Mariners would trade him, and I don't think he would really help the Sox.

The only smile a trade of minor leaguers to Seattle for Moyer would put on my face would be the one accompanying the shaking of my head upon hearing Chicago media people complain that Ryan Wing is a future Hall of Famer.

TaylorStSox
07-01-2005, 11:40 AM
I think it's more likely that we took a look at Meche. KW's been after him for a few years now.