PDA

View Full Version : What about Vizcaino?

jhill36
06-30-2005, 10:20 AM
Look, this guy hadn't pitched since working one inning against the Cubs last Friday, and last night he comes in and works 2 1/3 innings without giving up a run. I don't see any threads dedicated to that and so I thought I might devote at least one to thanking him for keeping us in the game.

DaleJRFan
06-30-2005, 10:22 AM
He threw well.... yes. He was also the beneficiary of outstanding defense, as were all of the Sox pitchers.

Maybe Vizzy sees the writing on the wall?? I hope he turns it around and keeps it going. I hate seeing guys fail and get run outa town.

tebman
06-30-2005, 10:23 AM
Good point. I thought he did a nice job and deserves some attaboys after he's been (deservedly) bashed on here for some of his gas-can appearances.

Give credit where it's due. :nod:

jhill36
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
Yes, he was the beneficiary of some outstanding defense, DaleJR and tebman. Last night I saw was one of the best defensive games I've seen actually. So that's exactly my point. The whole game was like that. So you have to admit you heaved a big sigh when you saw (or heard) that Vizzy was coming in the game. I know I did. I kept thinking, "You are the WEAKEST LINK!", and then he doesn't give up a run.

Attaboys, indeed.

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Defense or not, only 1 ball was hit hard off of him in his first 2 innings. Then I believe a line drive single to start his 3rd inning. Overall, he was impressive...especially for the "last" man out of the bullpen.

Steakpita
06-30-2005, 02:31 PM
Credit where credit is due. GREAT job by Vizcaino and Shingo to keep us alive. Our bullpen practically pitched a CG yesterday between Cotts, Politte, Viz, and Shingo, with one inherited run to show for it. If that ain't enough to inspire some confidence I don't know what is.