PDA

View Full Version : *Official* RKM Calls Out "Dark Clouds" Thread

RKMeibalane
06-30-2005, 09:59 AM
:hurt

Take a good look at the picture in front of you. Look at it, and see the man who is without question the greatest hitter in Sox history. Look at it, and see the man who has come back this season with a vengence, even after the media and the 'haters thought he was finished. Look at it, and see the player who's going to put this team over the top and into the post-season. Do it! Do it now!

The Chicago White Sox are the best team in baseball, and Frank Thomas, by the way, is going to the HOF. The Dark Clouds and crybabies who wanted to pinch-hit for him yesterday can kiss my ass. The whiners and complainers who were complaining about this team not scoring any runs can go over to that other Sox site where pissing and moaning is allowed, and even embraced.

I'm not going to sit here and say that I've always been optimistic about this team's chances. I know I haven't. But I'm not here to debate my own actions over the past few months. I'm here to make the following statement: as PHG said a few weeks ago, the fans following the 2005 Boston Red Sox cannot share in the glory of what happened last season, because that time is over. By the same token, it won't do White Sox fans any good to cheer for the 2005 team in 2006 if they win the World Series this year. Championships don't carry over to the following season. They're meant to be enjoyed when they happen, and then everyone starts over again.

Everyone who wants to follow this team and be a part of something special is welcome, but make up your mind please. 2005 is almost half-over. You can't wait forever to come to your senses. If you don't want to be a part of this experience, you know where the door is. You're free to leave anytime. But again, make up your mind. The rest of us- myself especially- are tired of listening to the same people complain about run-support, Brandon McCarthy's changeup, Frank's batting stance, the 'Cell, etc. It's way past old, and it needs to end- NOW!

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 10:04 AM
Damn straight. Don't let it be September before you actually enjoy this year. Nothing is guaranteed in baseball and the run we are on is magnifiscent. Sit back and enjoy rather than sit back and crticize.

White Sox Josh
06-30-2005, 10:12 AM
:threadrules:

Rocky Soprano
06-30-2005, 10:16 AM
You had me at take a good look... :D:

As far as this team and the season goes, I am all in!

My heart, my passion, and my spirit is with this team. I am going to enjoy it while it lasts.

GO SOX!

Uncle_Patrick
06-30-2005, 10:18 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2740

DaleJRFan
06-30-2005, 10:25 AM
I agree. We are all pretty damn lucky. What a great team...

itsnotrequired
06-30-2005, 10:26 AM
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2740

Ah, the Horsemaster. Still makes me chuckle...

SOXintheBURGH
06-30-2005, 10:28 AM
First ballot Hall of Famer, who will more than likely have a World Series ring to add to his resume. Enjoy it while you can folks.. this could be it.

Like the man said, no pissing and moaning, no complaining, no Twins watching in game threads, no attendance gripes, no more whimsical trade speculations.. Just enjoy the ride and enjoy your Chicago White Sox.

balke
06-30-2005, 10:30 AM
Homeruns are nice, but Frank is going through a Pauliesque slump, hitting a mere .230something, and its almost the ALL-STAR BREAK!

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 10:46 AM
You'd think that with the Sox headed to 50 something Ws by the all-star break, we'd be further along towards on this vector of eternal optimism. For those that still tend to shrink every time the pen takes us through a cardiac W (like the last the last couple of nights), or Paulie batting w/ RISP, or Crede batting at all, or Shingo pitching however many innings Ozzie decides to use him, at least consider how dumb all your posts will look with the size 40 bold font

WSI LAMER