PDA

View Full Version : Cubune also Tampering with Damon

Hangar18
06-30-2005, 08:12 AM
In Steve Rosenblooms feature on governor Blagojevich being a cub fan,
the article made sure to point how how great it would be to have Johnny
Damon as a lead-off hitter for the Cubs, and how great Kenny Lofton was.
The article quickly then points out that "if" he becomes a free agent in a
shallow attempt at covering their tracks. Funny how the Media in
this town works

Jerko
06-30-2005, 08:41 AM
He can't play for the Cubs until they lose Prior, as there can only be one Jesus.

SOXPHILE
06-30-2005, 09:42 AM
Don't you guys know that it's every player's dream and desire to play for the Cubs ? It's also every other team's duty to ensure that the Cubs get all the best players possible so that they can win the World Series. Everyone owes it to them.

scottjanssens
06-30-2005, 09:52 AM
Damon's going to the Yankees.

mdep524
06-30-2005, 09:58 AM
I meant to mention this last week when the Red Sox were in town for the first time ever. The Tribune pulled a Beltran, asking Damon if he would play for the Cubs next season. They're so transparent it makes me sick.

jackbrohamer
06-30-2005, 10:21 AM
The Cubune did the same thing when Dusty Baker was still under contract with the Giants. The paper basically acted as a headhunting service & go-between between its "co-affiliate" Cubs and Baker.

tebman
06-30-2005, 10:34 AM
The Cubune did the same thing when Dusty Baker was still under contract with the Giants. The paper basically acted as a headhunting service & go-between between its "co-affiliate" Cubs and Baker.
How can you say that? According to ChicagoSports.com editor George Knue in yesterday's thread (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53026&page=3&pp=15):

"...all of you who insist that every decision made at every property owned by the Tribune is made based on what is good for the Cubs Ö thatís just ridiculous."

That settles it, then!

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2005, 10:37 AM
He can't play for the Cubs until they lose Prior, as there can only be one Jesus.

Prior's the Messiah,Carrie Woods as Moses,Dusty Baker as God
and Johnny Damon as Jesus.:roflmao: :roflmao:

With an intro like that,it kind of sounds like the
cast of "Leave It To Beaver".:rolling: :rolling:

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2005, 10:42 AM
Damon's going to the Yankees.

I'm not so sure.The Yankmees remind me of that old 90's infomercial.
You remember the one where the old lady has fallen down and calls
for help:
"I've fallen,and I can't get up".:D: :D:

The Yankmees may be down on the ground for a while.
At least I hope so.:supernana:

scottjanssens
06-30-2005, 11:00 AM
I'm not so sure.The Yankmees remind me of that old 90's infomercial.
You remember the one where the old lady has fallen down and calls
for help:
"I've fallen,and I can't get up".:D: :D:

The Yankmees may be down on the ground for a while.
At least I hope so.

Sure but that doesn't mean the Yankees aren't going to outspend everyone else. The Yankees have never shied away from throwing good money after bad. The Yankees desperately need a center fielder. In typical Yankee fashion they'll buy the best one availalbe.

TheOldRoman
06-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Sure but that doesn't mean the Yankees aren't going to outspend everyone else. The Yankees have never shied away from throwing good money after bad. The Yankees desperately need a center fielder. In typical Yankee fashion they'll buy the best one availalbe.
No way in HELL Damon signs with the Yankees.
a) He is not nearly old and washed up enough for the Yankees to give him a monster contract.
b) The Yankees dont have money to throw around for free agents anymore. If they did, they would have signed a CF in the offseason. Specifically, Carlos Beltran.
c) Damon hates the Yankees. Not just for his feud with them, but becaus of what they stand for. He said he could never play there because he wouldn't want to be clean shaven and cut his hair.

Jerko
06-30-2005, 11:20 AM
No way in HELL Damon signs with the Yankees.
a) He is not nearly old and washed up enough for the Yankees to give him a monster contract.
b) The Yankees dont have money to throw around for free agents anymore. If they did, they would have signed a CF in the offseason. Specifically, Carlos Beltran.
c) Damon hates the Yankees. Not just for his feud with them, but becaus of what they stand for. He said he could never play there because he wouldn't want to be clean shaven and cut his hair.

I can see why:

http://www.asianweek.com/2002_04_26/images/sports_baseball_damon.jpghttp://www.jmacgraph.com/03BowmanHeritage/damon23.jpg

Unregistered
06-30-2005, 11:34 AM
Good luck to the suckers that pay him $10 million a year - especially when he decides to focus on his "possible movie career," as has been reported.

Nellie_Fox
07-01-2005, 12:02 AM
He said he could never play there because he wouldn't want to be clean shaven and cut his hair.Hasn't the Big Unit grown his stache and soul patch back? So much for the "clean shaven" rule.

34rancher
07-01-2005, 12:33 AM
You do know about their new scam? Since they will be paying for their stadium, they can count that yearly against thier salary so end result.....NO LUXURY TAX. Ahhh, loopholes.