PDA

View Full Version : New Curt Smith Blog touts Hawk

patbooyah
06-30-2005, 01:20 AM
http://curtsmith.mlblogs.com/

that is Curt Smith's new blog, and his first article is all about Hawk. a nice read, and he is one of the few writers to originally make fun of the cell, but smart enough to realize that the changes have made it a good place to see a game.

chitownhawkfan
06-30-2005, 01:29 AM
:hawk
I loooved this article

Mercy!
06-30-2005, 02:02 AM
Thanks for the link. Talk about stream-of-consciousness! That guy could use an editor. He had an extended visit in the broadcast booth with Harrelson last week flogging his new book. I hope it isnít as rugged a read as his blog. Still, since the putative subject was Hawk, I read every word. Mercy!

patbooyah
06-30-2005, 02:39 AM
Thanks for the link. Talk about stream-of-consciousness! That guy could use an editor.

hahaha. tell me about it. some of those sentences were similar to reading spanish in high school. you can read most of the words... you just can't figure out what the author is trying to say.

CanBuehrleWait
06-30-2005, 03:02 AM
That's some BRUTAL grammer.... Mercy!

MikeLove
06-30-2005, 03:07 AM
150 pairs of pants haha. i luuuuuuuuv fashion, dj

SOXfnNlansing
06-30-2005, 03:14 AM
I luv uplifting articles about our Sox family

mealfred13
06-30-2005, 03:16 AM
Thanks for the link. Talk about stream-of-consciousness! That guy could use an editor. He had an extended visit in the broadcast booth with Harrelson last week flogging his new book. I hope it isnít as rugged a read as his blog. Still, since the putative subject was Hawk, I read every word. Mercy!

I didn't want to be the first to say it, so thank you. I mean come ON.... I graduated from college with a double major, and I'm working on a masters, and I couldn't understand half of what he was trying to say. At least now I don't feel like all these years of school went to waste...sheesh!

patbooyah
06-30-2005, 11:36 AM
I didn't want to be the first to say it, so thank you. I mean come ON.... I graduated from college with a double major, and I'm working on a masters, and I couldn't understand half of what he was trying to say. At least now I don't feel like all these years of school went to waste...sheesh!

and to think - he used to write presidential speeches!

but for a blog, he sure has a lot of interviews. i'll give him that.

Risk
06-30-2005, 11:50 AM
It's a nice article, despite it being choppy and incoherent.

Risk

MUScholar21
06-30-2005, 12:23 PM
I'm going to have to take everyone's word on this being a good article. I made up to the point where he was a golfer in Boston doing play-by-play with Nehru suits on and just couldn't take it anymore. It was giving me a headache. Someone call Dan McNeil and the grammar police

Steakpita
06-30-2005, 03:12 PM
"Yes!" says Curt Smith. The Hawk, gaining recognition at last for years to come of being one of baseball's premiere voices since his playing days have ended.

God, that was a headache. Which president did he write for, exactly?!