PDA

View Full Version : Coward of the County

maurice
06-29-2005, 08:43 PM
Kenny Rogers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2097491) loses his mind.

LongLiveFisk
06-29-2005, 08:46 PM
Kenny Rogers (http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2097491) loses his mind.

Ah hell, with that title I thought you meant the singer. But I guess you would have put it in the Parking Lot if that were the case. :smile:

maurice
06-29-2005, 08:49 PM
My understanding is that Kenny Rogers the singer lost his mind a long time ago. :redneck

Jerko
06-29-2005, 09:03 PM
He must be trying to break his other hand. Think he would have learned by now.

The Racehorse
06-29-2005, 09:41 PM
The best line I've heard this evening, regarding this is... "when pitchers attack".

LuvSox
06-29-2005, 09:43 PM

http://www.menwholooklikekennyrogers.com

RadioheadRocks
06-29-2005, 10:25 PM
My understanding is that Kenny Rogers the singer lost his mind a long time ago. :redneck

Didn't he trip on a cloud and fall eight miles high?

Sorry, couldn't resist. But you gotta love a song that mentions a character named Becky!!!

Mr. White Sox
06-29-2005, 10:42 PM
Kenny Rogers:
"Get those ... cameras out of my face"

I wonder what the ... means? :?:

ilsox7
06-29-2005, 11:19 PM
Thought he'd know when to walk away, know when to run...

skobabe8
06-30-2005, 12:09 AM
Kenny Rogers knocked a camera right off the shoulder of a cameraman before Wednesdays Ranger game. The cameraman picked the camera back up, and Kenny went after him again knocking it off his shoulder and kicking it on the ground before being restrained by teammates. Aparantley, the guy was injured in the incident, had to go to the hospital, and filed assault charges!

Easy Kenny!

HebrewHammer
06-30-2005, 12:12 AM
I've always had a spot on my fantasy roster for The Gambler and I swore that if he ever played for the Sox I'd buy a jersey with his name and number the same day he signed. Sadly, I think it might be time for The Gambler to hang it up.

"Somewhere in the darkness, the gambler he broke even and in his final words I found an ace that I could keep. Get those...cameras out of my face."

shoota
06-30-2005, 01:27 AM

:thumbsup: on the thread title.

Madvora
06-30-2005, 07:51 AM
Thought he'd know when to walk away, know when to run...
Nice one. I'm also impressed with the thread title.

From "The Coward Of The County"...
Promise me, son, not to do the things I’ve done.
Walk away from trouble if you can.
It won’t mean you’re weak if you turn the other cheek.
I hope you’re old enough to understand:
Son, you don’t have to fight to be a man.

The gatlin boys just laughed at him when he walked into the barroom.
One of them got up and met him halfway ’cross the floor.
When tommy turned around they said, hey look! ol’ yellow’s leavin’.
But you coulda heard a pin drop when tommy stopped and blocked the door.

Maybe the cameraman was one of the Gatlin Boys?

Frater Perdurabo
06-30-2005, 08:12 AM
I saw the video shot by the local Fox afiliate cameraman who was attacked, and then saw an interview with the cameraman, Larry Rodriguez, after he was released from the hospital (where he was treated for neck and back injuries - he also has a history of neck and back problems).

There is no question that this was an unprovoked attack on Rodriguez, who was nowhere near Rogers. Rogers clearly went out of his way to attack Rodriguez.

Rogers hasn't been speaking to the media all season, so all we can do is speculate based on surrounding circumstances and what other people close to the team are saying. Not that it excuses this attack at all, but Rogers has been a personal basket case all year.

1. He's been pissed off that the Rangers low-balled him on an extension during spring training, when he personally went to team owner Tom Hicks to discuss it.

2. When he put up his very impressive scoreless innings streak, the Rangers approached him about extending the deal. He said that Hicks and GM John Hart could talk to his agent, Scott Boras.

3. Rogers is fiercely protective of his teammates. When Ryan Drese and Rod Barajas got in a fist fight in the dugout during a Drese start earlier this year, Rogers made sure to sit in front of the TV camera that was filming the fight.

4. Rogers had a closed-door meeting with Buck Showalter after Drese was released. Remember, Drese was the Rangers' opening day starter this year.

5. Rogers broke a bone in his right (non-pitching) hand last week. He then proceeded to pitch against the Angels and lost.

6. Rogers asked to not pitch his scheduled re-match start against the Angels Tuesday night because of the pain of the broken bone in his non-throwing hand. A few DFW sports mediots brilliantly speculated he didn't want to have his ERA get inflated against the soaring Angels.

Rogers clealy is a basket case this year and has serious anger management issues that have been made worse by the Rangers' recent struggles (while Drese has returned to his 2004 form by pitching quite well for his new team, the Nationals). He's a good teammate but clearly he's inexcusably lost self-control of late. He might need a change of scenery.

That being said, as a Sox fan I'd still love to have Rogers as the #5 starter... No teal needed, either.

fquaye149
06-30-2005, 08:24 AM
Kenny Rogers:

I wonder what the ... means? :?:

i wonder what the ... it means :smile:

Mendoza Line
06-30-2005, 09:26 AM
Anyone seen the story about Rogers today? He assaulted two cameramen yesterday, sending one of them to the hospital... he also destroyed their camera in a fit of rage. This is just the week after he broke his hand in a frustrated water cooler punch.

I think this man needs some serious help before he goes and does something to land himself in jail..

FielderJones
06-30-2005, 09:32 AM
Somebody better just drop in to see what condition his condition is in. :tongue:

SOXPHILE
06-30-2005, 09:59 AM
Somebody better just drop in to see what condition his condition is in. :tongue:

Good one ! Kenny Rogers & the First Edition ! I don't think he's insane though. He's just always been a.....umm....a "wiener". That's the nicest way I can put it.

tebman
06-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Otherwise Ruby might take her love to town. :tongue: :tongue:

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Take a look a few threads down this page to "Coward of the County." Bunch of one liners there about this. :smile:

downstairs
06-30-2005, 10:08 AM

The key is the looney just doesn't know when to hold 'em, when to fold 'em, when to walk away, nor when to run.

Oh God, we could just sit here and do this all day....

TimoandAaron
06-30-2005, 11:38 AM
What a class act!:o: :o: :o: :o:

http://espn.go.com/

Stroker Ace
06-30-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't see anything that says that he is suspended. He should be benched for 2 weeks.

Mickster
06-30-2005, 11:46 AM
What a class act!:o: :o: :o: :o:

http://espn.go.com/

Where does it say he is suspended? :?:

Hangar18
Why in the world is this guy acting like a 1st class Jerk? Very cub-like.

ilsox7
I don't see anything that says that he is suspended. He should be benched for 2 weeks.

No suspension yet...plus there is already a thread about this.

TimoandAaron
06-30-2005, 11:57 AM
Where does it say he is suspended? :?:It is obvious that he will be suspended considering he could be facing assault charges.

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 11:59 AM
It is obvious that he will be suspended considering he could be facing assault charges.

Yes, but you were saying the suspension was already handed down. It wasn't. And the link was just to espn.com's front page. I think that's why we were wondering where the suspension announcement was.

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2005, 03:10 PM

You beat me to it!! Damn!!:tongue: :tongue:

SOXSINCE'70
06-30-2005, 03:11 PM

Or you could say "Something's Burning".:redneck :redneck

Frankfan4life
06-30-2005, 06:22 PM
I saw the video shot by the local Fox afiliate cameraman who was attacked, and then saw an interview with the cameraman, Larry Rodriguez, after he was released from the hospital (where he was treated for neck and back injuries - he also has a history of neck and back problems).Maybe I missed something but it didn't appear to me that Rodriguez got roughed up too badly. Also, it seems to me that walking around with a huge television camera on your shoulder is pretty taxing if one has a bad neck and back. At any rate, Rodriguez is going to get a pretty nice size settlement out of this incident. More power to him.

JohnBasedowYoda
06-30-2005, 07:02 PM

comedy genius

RadioheadRocks
06-30-2005, 07:53 PM
Or you could say "Something's Burning".:redneck :redneck

"... and I think it's his career..."

That's my LAST Kenny Rogers joke, I swear!!! :D:

RadioheadRocks
07-01-2005, 05:07 AM

"Yeah, yeah, Wh-oooa YEAAAAAAA-AAAH!" :supernana:

:threadrules: