PDA

View Full Version : Buehrle's MONSTER June

DaleJRFan
06-29-2005, 06:01 PM
These numbers are deserving of AL pitcher of the month:
3-0 0.96 ERA 1 CG 1 SHO 37.2 IP 31 K 2 BB
that's 31 strike outs and 2, yes... TWO freakin walks, in 37.2 IP.

What's largely impressive is when he doesn't bring his best stuff to the mound, he changes speeds, works the change up and breaking pitches and finds a way to get the hitters out. This guy knows how to pitch.

Say hello to your AL All-Star starting pitcher, Cy Young and MVP.

http://espn.go.com/i/mlb/profiles/players/6525.jpg

"Hi guys."

Hangar18
06-29-2005, 06:06 PM

What's largely impressive is when he doesn't bring his best stuff to the mound, he changes speeds, works the change up and breaking pitches and finds a way to get the hitters out. This guy knows how to pitch.

"Hi guys."

Your right. Hes been doing this ALL SEASON so far ......but because hes with the SOX, you wont hear anything about him.
" .......But on the northside, the city of Chicago is still buzzing
over the performance of The Messiah Mark Prior!! The cubs are certainly on their way to the World Series now!"

NonetheLoaiza
06-29-2005, 06:08 PM
Here's to Mark Buehrle. And to his continued dominance of the American League...:gulp: :gulp:

DaleJRFan
06-29-2005, 06:09 PM
" .......But on the northside, the city of Chicago is still buzzing over the performance of The Messiah Mark Prior!! The cubs are certainly on their way to the World Series now!"

Hey hangar, don't forget that Carrie "Balsa" Wood threw 6 innings today.

Can't wait to read the headlines tomorrow. (sigh)

Ol' No. 2
06-29-2005, 06:11 PM

"Hi guys."Objectively, you'd have to give the slimmest of edges to Halladay. He's a hair ahead of Buehrle in just about every statistical category. They'll get two more starts before the AS game, so it could change.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Objectively, you'd have to give the slimmest of edges to Halladay. He's a hair ahead of Buehrle in just about every statistical category. They'll get two more starts before the AS game, so it could change.
If he would've gotten just 2 of those 4 no decisions, he would be everyone's Cy Young favorite. The great thing about Buehrle is that it wouldn't bother him a bit to get accolades like that. He doesn't care!

I watched him pitch during "Nothin' but Nancy" day, and he was downright filthy.

DaleJRFan
06-29-2005, 06:17 PM
The thing is, with Halladay in Toronto, they are a 500 team. Take Halladay away from Toronto and they are still a 500 team.

Take MB away from the Sox and they are in second place. That's MVP.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 06:22 PM
There aren't many pitchers in the league right now that are true STOPPERS. Johan Santana, during the second half last year, qualified as a stopper. If a team had a little losing streak, they knew it was going to end when that guy hit the mound. It seems like this year Buehrle or Garland are true stoppers. It's going to be tough for the Sox to lose 4 or 5 in a row this year because of those two guys.

Buehrle is the big stopper though. That guy is just going to shut the other team down. The last few years, due to the fact that he was always in the strike zone, he would occasionally get really popped around. That just isn't happening this year. Buehrle may very well win the Cy Young.

Ol' No. 2
06-29-2005, 06:27 PM
There aren't many pitchers in the league right now that are true STOPPERS. Johan Santana, during the second half last year, qualified as a stopper. If a team had a little losing streak, they knew it was going to end when that guy hit the mound. It seems like this year Buehrle or Garland are true stoppers. It's going to be tough for the Sox to lose 4 or 5 in a row this year because of those two guys.

Buehrle is the big stopper though. That guy is just going to shut the other team down. The last few years, due to the fact that he was always in the strike zone, he would occasionally get really popped around. That just isn't happening this year. Buehrle may very well win the Cy Young.There's a long way to go before we need to start thinking about Cy Young awards. If you had to pick an All-Star starter right now, you'd have to give a slim edge to Halladay. But with a couple more starts until then, that could change.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 06:31 PM
There's a long way to go before we need to start thinking about Cy Young awards. If you had to pick an All-Star starter right now, you'd have to give a slim edge to Halladay. But with a couple more starts until then, that could change.
Very true. But, thinking down the road...I'd hate it if that red-headed monster took Cy Young awards away from the Sox in three years:angry: ! He's one helluva pitcher.

soxfanreggie
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
If MB and Roy are pretty much equal, I think MB would get the award for his MVP qualities as well, as I cannot see a pitcher win the MVP anytime soon. Writers may not give Roy a 2nd Cy Young if MB is the same statistically and leading his team to the playoffs. Who knows, one of the guys (hopefully Roy if it happens) could hit a rough spot. I'm sure MB would rather make the playoffs and WS than be an all-star and Cy winner.

Ol' No. 2
06-29-2005, 06:34 PM
Very true. But, thinking down the road...I'd hate it if that red-headed monster took Cy Young awards away from the Sox in three years:angry: ! He's one helluva pitcher.Ultimately, wins count a lot in Cy Young voting, and you'd have to figure Buehrle will win more games than Halladay. If Halladay can win as many games pitching for a mediocre team, you'd just have to tip your hat to him.

VeeckAsInWreck
06-29-2005, 07:09 PM
Do we have a Rodney Dangerfield "No Respect" tag?

ode to veeck
06-29-2005, 07:47 PM
Burly Mon was a mound stud last night, giving up only one hit in spite of a slew of hits by the kittens, he's clearly the Sox mound stud

DieTrying79
06-29-2005, 09:34 PM
Mark has been quietly getting it done for a few years now, with little fanfare from the mainstream/northside media. I would take this guy over any pitcher in the Bigs right now, especially over Wood and Prior up North. No doubt Prior has great stuff and will be a great pitcher for years to come (health withstanding), but Buerhle is a smarter, more durable pitcher, with just as nasty stuff (only when he wants to break it out). Between the two "Mark's", gimme my man Buehrle ANY DAY.

2005 ALL STAR STARTER, MVP, and CY WINNER--Give the man props where they are due!

johnnyg83
06-30-2005, 01:20 AM
There's nobody I'd rather have on the mound after a 2-game losing streak than MB. And for Cy Young you do have to consider wins, but you also have to consider losses-- if he goes 21-3 vs. 24-10 -- that would guarantee they Cy-Cy. No?

FarWestChicago
06-30-2005, 01:27 AM
Ultimately, wins count a lot in Cy Young voting, and you'd have to figure Buehrle will win more games than Halladay. If Halladay can win as many games pitching for a mediocre team, you'd just have to tip your hat to him.Jesus, I'm the one moving to Ontario, not you. Lay off the Toronto crack. :D:

jake27
06-30-2005, 01:57 AM
i dont know about mvp. while he is deserving of cy young and all star starter, im not a big fan of a pitcher getting an mvp because he is only out there every 5th game. if a pitcher did and deserved it, i wouldnt argue tho. and there is the whole areguement of is mvp what player helps your team out the most or who has the best stats. but i would love to see a cy young race between buehrle and garland