PDA

View Full Version : Cubs Mia Hamm Promotion on Sunday

nug0hs
06-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Not sure if any of you have heard, but the Cubs are having a MIA HAMM promotion on Sunday vs. the Nationals.

Sun., Jul. 3
Nationals
Authentic Mia Hamm
U.S. Women's National Team
Soccer Jersey 100 lottery card winners*
1st 20,000 females,
age 18 & under

Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous? I don't think I ever heard of the Flubs doing this before Nomar joined the team, and now he is barely even on it and they are doing something like this. Don't get me wrong, Mia is a great athlete and an excellent role model for girls, and she has contributed greatly to the popularity increase of soccer in the US. I just find this a bit out of line as its just another lame attempt to gain positive P.R. by the Tribune Co. Your thoughts?

ilsox7
06-29-2005, 04:49 PM
Sox Clubhouse I think not.

DaveIsHere
06-29-2005, 04:50 PM
Parking Lot 'eh

nug0hs
06-29-2005, 04:50 PM
how can I/we move it?

itsnotrequired
06-29-2005, 04:51 PM
Sox Clubhouse I think not.

Are you crazy! Cubs rule!

Baby Fisk
how can I/we move it?
A Mod will act with ruthless efficiency shortly. Just sit quietly until something happens.

nug0hs
sorry didnt mean to cause trouble...

Uncle_Patrick
06-29-2005, 04:52 PM
Awesome! I'll be there!

This seems like a dumb promotion to me as, aside from her husband, Mia Hamm has nothing to do with baseball or the Cubs. She's a great athlete, but its just seems sort a of pointless thing to do at a Cubs game. But, since its at a Cubs game, who really cares? I'm more concerned with the White Sox.

ilsox7
06-29-2005, 04:53 PM
sorry didnt mean to cause trouble...

Just giving you a hard time. It'll be moved, don't worry.

As for the promotion? M'eh...

The Dude
06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Parking Lot 'eh

No
"Whats the score?"

Hangar18
06-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Awesome! I'll be there!

This seems like a dumb promotion to me as, aside from her husband, Mia Hamm has nothing to do with baseball or the Cubs. She's a great athlete, but its just seems sort a of pointless thing to do at a Cubs game. But, since its at a Cubs game, who really cares? I'm more concerned with the White Sox.

Easily one of the dumber promotions ive ever seen, and im not saying that because I hate the Blue Corporation. She has nothing to do with the Cubs or Baseball, but more is a feeble attempt by the Cubs at aligning themselves with
Legitimacy. Like when they make a trade, and acquire a minor-leaguer, 90% of the time, that minor-leaguer is playing with the team within days. This is simply Product Placement and nothing else ..........

skobabe8
06-29-2005, 05:00 PM
Definately "Whats the Score?"

Nothing personal nug0hs. Just business.

Hitmen77
06-29-2005, 05:12 PM
Since when did most people going to Wrigley care about baseball? This is a perfect promotion for the Cubs since baseball is not the main reason why people go to Cub games.

tebman
06-29-2005, 05:25 PM
Since when did most people going to Wrigley care about baseball? This is a perfect promotion for the Cubs since baseball is not the main reason why people go to Cub games.
That just about wraps it up! :yup:

Rocklive99
06-29-2005, 05:30 PM
Lisa Dergen > Mia

DumpJerry
06-29-2005, 05:36 PM
Really::whocares

ranger_bob
06-29-2005, 05:38 PM
Is this promotion any worse than Mullet night?

Mickster
06-29-2005, 05:42 PM
Is this promotion any worse than Mullet night?

Sure is.

LuvSox
06-29-2005, 05:44 PM
Maybe they want to lock Nomar in to a long term deal. This way they suck up to him and his wife. God I hate the Cubs...:angry:

eriqjaffe
06-29-2005, 06:01 PM
When is "Scott Podsednik's Hot Girlfriend" Night at the Cell?

StillMissOzzie
06-29-2005, 07:19 PM
Awesome! I'll be there!

Any dumber than Beanie Babies in ScRub uniforms, or Barbie in a ScRub uniform?

SMO
:gulp:

tebman
06-29-2005, 08:00 PM
When is "Scott Podsednik's Hot Girlfriend" Night at the Cell?

:rolling:

Stroker Ace
06-29-2005, 11:24 PM
Mia Hamm night? makes me want to

:chunks

Jerko
06-29-2005, 11:28 PM
http://sportsmed.starwave.com/i/magazine/new/mia_nomar_wedding.jpg

Uncle_Patrick
06-29-2005, 11:32 PM
Any dumber than Beanie Babies in ScRub uniforms, or Barbie in a ScRub uniform?

SMO
:gulp:

No, I suppose not dumber than those promotions.

MrRoboto83
06-29-2005, 11:49 PM
Not sure if any of you have heard, but the Cubs are having a MIA HAMM promotion on Sunday vs. the Nationals.

When I read this I thought they were going to start serving Hamm's beer at the urinal now.:o:

Tragg
06-30-2005, 12:29 AM
Does anyone else find this a bit ridiculous? I don't think I ever heard of the Flubs doing this before Nomar joined the team, and now he is barely even on it and they are doing something like this. Don't get me wrong, Mia is a great athlete and an excellent role model for girls, and she has contributed greatly to the popularity increase of soccer in the US. I just find this a bit out of line as its just another lame attempt to gain positive P.R. by the Tribune Co. Your thoughts?
I would think pretty much everyone around here would find it ridiculous.

Surely you didn't forget the Beanie Babie night at Wrigley field?

Lame sh$$ like this is their modus operandi

MrRoboto83
06-30-2005, 12:30 AM
They give away Precious Moment figurines once a year as well

SOXPHILE
06-30-2005, 10:49 AM
...and hey, who doesn't love soccer, and watch as much as they can ?Especially women's soccer. Well, that, and the WNBA.....

Jerko
06-30-2005, 10:56 AM
No wonder she's so good at soccer. Look at those gunboats she kicks with.

http://wizbangblog.com/images/miahamm2-thumb.JPG

Uncle_Patrick
06-30-2005, 11:04 AM
No wonder she's so good at soccer. Look at those gunboats she kicks with.

http://wizbangblog.com/images/miahamm2-thumb.JPG

Is she missing a toe on her left foot? It looks like she has no pinkie toe.

rwcescato
06-30-2005, 12:47 PM
Easily one of the dumber promotions ive ever seen, and im not saying that because I hate the Blue Corporation. She has nothing to do with the Cubs or Baseball, but more is a feeble attempt by the Cubs at aligning themselves with
Legitimacy. Like when they make a trade, and acquire a minor-leaguer, 90% of the time, that minor-leaguer is playing with the team within days. This is simply Product Placement and nothing else ..........

I thought they did that promotion last year after they got Nomar.

Jerko
06-30-2005, 01:13 PM
I thought they did that promotion last year after they got Nomar.

No, that was MR. Mia Hamm day.......

But I do seem to remember she might have thrown out a pitch or sang the 7th inning stretch.

DC Sox Fan
06-30-2005, 07:50 PM
First off, a lesson to the newbie, nug0hs. We're glad to have you aboard, but it is obligitory, when posting "your thoughts..." to include this picture:

:reinsy

Just trust me on that one.

Mia has deep Washington roots. She attended a HS that was rival to mine in the VA burbs. She played for the dynasty that was the Washington Freedom, of the world-reknowned WUSA pro soccer league.

I would love to watch her go out to throw out the first pitch and take off the Flubs jersey to reveal some Nats' gear underneath.

I need more color in this post.