PDA

View Full Version : Uribe's Triple

Alanzo XXXVIII
06-28-2005, 10:56 PM
I think that Uribe's triple was the definitive play of the game. It set up the next batters for an easy sac fly, which Pods came through with. His triple, though, was a true "grinder" moment. And that's what our team is for.

Oh yeah, the pitching didn't hurt either :cool:

mjharrison72
06-28-2005, 11:16 PM
Great to see Juan getting back in the saddle.

I have to admit, though, I was going to jump out the window if I had to see him watch another grounder up the middle. Was it just me, or did they hit about 7 or 8 balls just to the left of second?

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 11:33 PM
I think that Uribe's triple was the definitive play of the game. It set up the next batters for an easy sac fly, which Pods came through with. His triple, though, was a true "grinder" moment. And that's what our team is for.

Oh yeah, the pitching didn't hurt either :cool:

We sure benefitted from that big park tonight. Makes you think, we're really built to play there. Uribe's triple, I-Rod's would-be homer...reaaaaally makes you think.

Go Go Everetts
06-29-2005, 01:14 AM
Is it just me or does Juan make every ball hit in his direction look more difficult than it actually is? Sure he makes the play but he gives me a heart attack.

dranny32
06-29-2005, 01:16 AM
Yeah he has that unique way of feilding the ball but whatever gets the job done is fine by me.

batmanZoSo
06-29-2005, 01:33 AM
Is it just me or does Juan make every ball hit in his direction look more difficult than it actually is? Sure he makes the play but he gives me a heart attack.

I think it's you. He's not the most graceful shortstop out there, but his range is sick and his arm is even better. I don't remember what inning was, but it was late and he made a really nice play going far to his left and gunning it over to first for the out. He did that quick toss release and still got plenty of juice on it to get the runner by two steps. Stuff like that doesn't look spectacular, but it's great stuff. He'll do the same thing on a DP too, then it looks even bigger.

TaylorStSox
06-29-2005, 03:05 AM
I think it's you. He's not the most graceful shortstop out there, but his range is sick and his arm is even better. I don't remember what inning was, but it was late and he made a really nice play going far to his left and gunning it over to first for the out. He did that quick toss release and still got plenty of juice on it to get the runner by two steps. Stuff like that doesn't look spectacular, but it's great stuff. He'll do the same thing on a DP too, then it looks even bigger.

I'm not liking the way he's being positioned. He's positioning himself in the hole for every batter. Crede has enough range to cover a large part of the left side. I'd prefer Juan to play up the middle a little more.

Mr. White Sox
06-29-2005, 03:53 AM
Great to see Juan getting back in the saddle.

I have to admit, though, I was going to jump out the window if I had to see him watch another grounder up the middle. Was it just me, or did they hit about 7 or 8 balls just to the left of second?

Yes. Yes they did. I believe, however, that the manager/bench coach changes the defensive formation. I was also getting really, really annoyed at all the grounders sprinkling through the middle.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 08:20 AM
Yes. Yes they did. I believe, however, that the manager/bench coach changes the defensive formation. I was also getting really, really annoyed at all the grounders sprinkling through the middle.
If you didn't notice, Juan was hurting throughout the entire game. I've seen enough athletes in my days as a trainer playing through pain, and you could just see it on his face. When he made that one awesome play in the hole, you could see him wincing in pain. Ditto on the triple. His face told the tale on both of those plays. He's not going to have his full mobility for a little while longer.

SOXPHILE
06-29-2005, 10:00 AM
Farmer & Rooney commented on it too. Driving to and from my softball game, I heard them say, more than once, that his back was still a little tender, and he didn't quite look himself. Later in the game, when he made that great play Batman was talking about, they said he seemed to be looking & feeling a little better.

mjharrison72
06-29-2005, 10:02 AM
If you didn't notice, Juan was hurting throughout the entire game. I've seen enough athletes in my days as a trainer playing through pain, and you could just see it on his face. When he made that one awesome play in the hole, you could see him wincing in pain. Ditto on the triple. His face told the tale on both of those plays. He's not going to have his full mobility for a little while longer.
If he's not healthy, there's no reason to play him. Ozuna has been a more-than-adequate backup, and it's not as if it's Tejada we're trying to get back into the lineup.

I didn't notice the wincing, but I did remember thinking there were a couple of those grounders up the middle Uribe could have tried harder to get. It still was great to see him leg out the triple, and I hope he gets helathy soon... but no need to rush, you know?

itsnotrequired
06-29-2005, 12:01 PM
If he's not healthy, there's no reason to play him. Ozuna has been a more-than-adequate backup, and it's not as if it's Tejada we're trying to get back into the lineup.

I didn't notice the wincing, but I did remember thinking there were a couple of those grounders up the middle Uribe could have tried harder to get. It still was great to see him leg out the triple, and I hope he gets helathy soon... but no need to rush, you know?

Agreed. Ozuna has done a fine job filling in. No need to rush him back. Anyone think Ozuna will get the nod tonight?