PDA

View Full Version : ESPN IDIOT Steve Phillips says the Sox should get...

White Sox Josh
06-28-2005, 09:00 PM
Shigetoshi Hasegawa. This was in the latest ESPN the Mag. He said that he could help Shingo get back on track and is versatile.

GoRowand33
06-28-2005, 09:01 PM
who cares what steve phillips said, it sure wont make kenny williams or ozzy care

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 09:03 PM
:KW
Dude, we don't care, brah...

Lip Man 1
06-28-2005, 09:33 PM
In Scout's Views's in this week's print edition of The Sporting News it says Shiggy is finished.

Lip

White Sox Josh
06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
In Scout's Views's in this week's print edition of The Sporting News it says Shiggy is finished.

LipI actually think he would be a good pick up. He had 1 bad outing which has ballooned his ERA to 4.12.

Soxzilla
06-28-2005, 11:42 PM
I actually think he would be a good pick up. He had 1 bad outing which has ballooned his ERA to 4.12.

NO!

Jurr
06-29-2005, 07:53 AM
Yeah, Steve-O thinks that because Shiggy is Shingo's "countryman", he'll magically help Shingo find his "stuff" again.

Wow. He gets paid for this crap.

Ol' No. 2
06-29-2005, 08:43 AM
Shigetoshi Hasegawa. This was in the latest ESPN the Mag. He said that he could help Shingo get back on track and is versatile.I suggest we treat Steve Phillips' views with the respect that his track record as a GM demands.

daveeym
06-29-2005, 09:52 AM
Yeah, Steve-O thinks that because Shiggy is Shingo's "countryman", he'll magically help Shingo find his "stuff" again.

Wow. He gets paid for this crap. Maybe we should pick up sammy sosa to help his countryman Tadihito Iguchi. Seriously ***.

doublem23
06-29-2005, 10:33 AM
I think we're all getting some insight into why Steve Phillips is no longer a general manager for any baseball team.

Shigetosi Hasegawa? :rolleyes:

White Sox Josh
06-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I think we're all getting some insight into why Steve Phillips is no longer a general manager for any baseball team.

Shigetosi Hasegawa? :rolleyes:he isn't that bad. But I would much rather have Phillips as GM of the Sox so he can Sign Mo Vaughn for $100 Million.

SOXSINCE'70
06-29-2005, 10:36 AM
I suggest we treat Steve Phillips' views with the respect that his track record as a GM demands.

Good one!!!:roflmao: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

TDog
06-29-2005, 11:01 AM
I actually think he would be a good pick up. He had 1 bad outing which has ballooned his ERA to 4.12.

Hasegawa probably has a better chance of getting hitters out than Shingo, who may have reached his expiration date for MLB effectiveness. The reason you don't give relievers the big bucks is that they usually aren't very good for very long.

Before Joe Nathan went in for his save against KC Tuesday night, his ERA was over 4, and he didn't even give up an earned run for a long stretch at the beginning of the season.

That's probably better than Foulke's ERA this morning after his Tuesday night failure.

ja1022
06-29-2005, 11:17 AM
While Steve Phillips has been idiotic all year, just last week he said that the Mets would be better off if they didn't win their three game set with the Yankees. He actually said that. He had some completely idiotic reasoning for why it would be better to lose to your crosstown rival than beat them, but it was the same moronic bull**** he's been spewing all year. I can't believe the man has the job he has. His opinion doesn't mean dick.

RKMeibalane
06-29-2005, 11:20 AM
While Steve Phillips has been idiotic all year, just last week he said that the Mets would be better off if they didn't win their three game set with the Yankees. He actually said that. He had some completely idiotic reasoning for why it would be better to lose to your crosstown rival than beat them, but it was the same moronic bull**** he's been spewing all year. I can't believe the man has the job he has. His opinion doesn't mean dick.

I think he just wants the Mets to lose because it somehow makes him look better in light of them firing his ass.