PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 6/28 Post game thread Buerhle rules!

The Wall
06-28-2005, 09:37 PM
Buerhle WINS!

cheeses_h_rice
06-28-2005, 09:38 PM
A Burly gem, offensive corpseball, and a bad start to the 9th by Hermy = Victory #51.

PHEW.

:gulp:

CubsfansareDRUNK
Phew!!! Ivan was going crazy when he hit that triple. Cool off dude.

TimoandAaron
Buerhle WINS!CHPPER TWO HOPPER............YES!!

:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :supernana:

Corlose 15
Clutch, thy name is Hermanson.

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

downstairs
Now THAT was a win that World Series teams get.

Triple with no outs, big-time hot hitters up.... and we just embarassed them!

Madvora
Dustin getting super tough

rowand33
06-28-2005, 09:39 PM
Yeah Hermy. way to get out of it.

51-24. how sweet it is.

NSSoxFan
Great game Burly-Mon!

Love to see victories like this.

Go Sox!

TimoandAaron
I loooooove being kicked off the chat room?

Madvora
Wow, Hawk loved that chopper!

ilsox7
So what does someone like Shoota, who keeps his own box score, do in a game like this? Obviously, Ivan's triple was really a homer b/c of how far it went, but he never actually scored. So is it a 2-2 tie in Shoota's book?

Can't wait to see the Dark Cloud spin on this one!

Reminds me of 83
06-28-2005, 09:40 PM
Yesssssss. That was big!!!

Little worried about the Offense, but wonderful job by Buehrle and the Bullpen.

Just keep winning

mccoydp
Minus the leadoff triple in the ninth, Dustin "Feisty" Hermanson did what he needed to from there out to preserve the win for Mark Buehrle.

Nice hold, as always, from Cliff Politte.

The Sox needed this win and got it...thank goodness!:D:

VenturaFan23
okay everyone.......BREATH!!!! Way to go Mark and Hermy!

:bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: for Buehrle!

chaerulez
Buehrle is making his case to start the AS game.

Kogs35
wow, just wow. burly and hermy rule.

Unregistered
06-28-2005, 09:41 PM
Bottom of the 9th, tying run 90 feet away and Hermanson gets a pop-up and two groundouts? Filthy!

Even though you got yourself into that mess, you're a king tonight, DH. :supernana:

:winner

ilsox7
Yesssssss. That was big!!!

Little worried about the Offense, but wonderful job by Buehrle and the Bullpen.

Just keep winning

Had to save this one for MB. Did you see Ozzie's reaction? He knew it was high time to get Mark a win in one of these close ones.

soxwon
who was PUDGE yelling at, after his triple?

He seemed rather pissed!!!

iamkoza
Hooray for spacious outfields!!

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:jCCoElPRWo0J:http://www.shortfatguy.com/vacation/tigers/DCP01366.JPG

If it were a home game pudge's shot kills someon e watching the game from the fan deck

Hendu

Was he yelling into our dugout?

FielderJones
06-28-2005, 09:42 PM
My over/under for the :corpseball tag was post #8. Guess I was wrong.

:winner (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

TimoandAaron
JERMAINE DYYYYYYYEEEEEEE ....................YES!!!!

THAT A WHITE SOX WINNER:supernana: :bandance: :supernana: :bandance: :bandance: :supernana:

ozzman
wow did irod hit that ball hard tho. glad we could buehrle's 10th win for him.

ilsox7

It's called being pumped up and trying to get his team pumped up. Obviously he's not a good motivator. :D:

Chisox003

Yes, and I **** myself when he hit that ball....Wow

Buehrle = Cy Youg :gulp:

cheeses_h_rice

Third base coach, I thought. His big candy apple head was bobbing around pretty frantically.

shoota
Buehrle's pickoff in the 7th was HUGE. Logan is a fast runner, and if he wasn't picked off, he has a good chance at stealing second to put the tying run at second base.

Hermanson got the job done.

Nice home run by Dye. It was the difference in the game.

Farmer was saying it looked like Uribe still isn't 100%, D.J. said he was obviously 100%, and from the way he played defense, I think Farmer was right. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozuna start in the near future.

Buehrle was typical Buehrle, and the result was another...

chisox117
What a great win!!
Leaving Ivan stranded on 3rd was sweeeeet!!
Way to go Hermanson!! GO SOX!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-28-2005, 09:43 PM
IRod's triple must have traveled 420 feet. That's a game-tying dinger to any other part of the ballpark. Hermanson was damn impressive getting the next 3 hitters out and stranding the runner on third.

Unbelievable pitching performance.

This team's got stones.
:thumbsup:

Eat it Twinkies.
:cool:

downstairs

He was excited.

When you realize that you're career is coming to an end and all you have to play for is beating the best team in the MLB... well, you get the point.

From here on out folks... we're going to be playing a bunch of terrible teams trying to play spoiler.

From here on out, most of our games are the opponent's "World Series".

ilsox7
Buehrle's pickoff in the 7th was HUGE. Logan is a fast runner, and if he wasn't picked off, he has a good chance at stealing second to put the tying run at second base.

Farmer was saying it looked like Uribe still isn't 100%, D.J. said he was obviously 100%, and from the way he played defense, I think Farmer was right. I wouldn't be surprised to see Ozuna start in the near future.

:whitesoxwinner

What? Did you see him go up the middle, reach down and make an off balance throw without even wincing?

TimoandAaron
What a great win!!
Leaving Ivan stranded on 3rd was sweeeeet!!
Way to go Hermanson!! GO SOX!!!
:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:good idea:gulp: :gulp: :gulp: :gulp:

Hendu
Wow, Buehrle and Dustin. Keeping that runner right on 3rd for 3 straight batters was huge. We needed our mini-losing streak to stop, and it's nice to keep dominating our division.

Plus who knows what will happen tomorrow, but the pitching match-up definitely doesn't favor us. This win was big.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 09:44 PM
He was excited.

When you realize that you're career is coming to an end and all you have to play for is beating the best team in the MLB... well, you get the point.

From here on out folks... we're going to be playing a bunch of terrible teams trying to play spoiler.

From here on out, most of our games are the opponent's "World Series".

Except Detroit isn't a bad team. Average, maybe. But not bad.

Unregistered

He seemed rather pissed!!!Carlton Fisk was there? And he TRIPLED?!?

I certainly don't know of any other "Pudge"... :wink:

PeteWard
Sounds like classic Buerhle (did not see the game--just followed on Internet) w/o his great stuff--just getting it done. Or am I wrong? He is THE stopper in the AL this year. With the hitters the way they are this easily could be a 3 game skid. Way to go MB, and bullpen!

Also, Not a dark cloud--just curious; who made the error tonight?

KC just came back with three to cut it to 1 so there is still a chance it will be 10 games tonight--though it is KC at the Hump so my hopes are not high. But we gained on Detroit and looks like Cleveland will go down as well.

TimoandAaron
06-28-2005, 09:45 PM
did the Twinkies win?

misty60481
Mark Buerhle is the BEST pitcher in AL....without a doubt....

batmanZoSo
I looooooove big ballparks. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:

EdHerman12
06-28-2005, 09:46 PM
Whew! Never had a doubt.....a good way to start another win streak. I'm watching KC @ Minny.....Royals coming back....good job by :burly

GO SOX!:supernana: :gulp:

downstairs
Except Detroit isn't a bad team. Average, maybe. But not bad.

Fair enough... but to us, they're bad. Or, at least "going nowhere."

Not trying to diss these teams... but we have to be careful of these "spoilers".

cheeses_h_rice
Sounds like classic Buerhle (did not see the game--just followed on Internet) w/o his great stuff--just getting it done. Or am I wrong? He is THE stopper in the AL this year. With the hitters the way they are this easily could be a 3 game skid. Way to go MB, and bullpen!

KC just came back with three to cut it to 1 so there is still a chance it will be 10 games tonight--though it is KC at the Hump so my hopes are not high. But we gained on Detroit and looks like Cleveland will go down as well.

Widger probably got the E -- he threw the ball into CF on a steal attempt.

ilsox7

And this is why this team is so good. Between MB, JG, and FG...even when the offense goes into a funk, you're gonna get well pitched games that you can still win with 2 or 3 runs. That is why big losing streaks do not happen and why people around here need to take deep breaths.

downstairs
did the Twinkies win?

You have the same Internets as we do!

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/live/MLB_20050628_KC@MIN

Realist
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
I looooooove big ballparks. :bandance: :bandance: :bandance: :bandance:... and I cannot lie!

TimoandAaron
06-28-2005, 09:47 PM
i loooooove this white sox team.

I have the same scary feeling i did in the Illini season:o: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :gulp:

shoota
06-28-2005, 09:48 PM
So what does someone like Shoota, who keeps his own box score, do in a game like this? Obviously, Ivan's triple was really a homer b/c of how far it went, but he never actually scored. So is it a 2-2 tie in Shoota's book?

Can't wait to see the Dark Cloud spin on this one!

I never altered any statistic based on the size of a ballpark or the amount of foul ground.

I'm am the antithesis of Dark Cloud.

Buehrle > Wood
It's nice to know that we can win games like this one this year.

Everyone chill out on our offense please, 3 bad games should not cause this much alarm.

Friday we scored 12 RUNS!

Saturday we saw an awesome play by Hollandsworth to steal a Crede HR. We win that game if not for that.

Sunday Prior did what he does.

Today we won and only scored 2 runs.

TimoandAaron
You have the same Internets as we do!

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/gamecenter/live/MLB_20050628_KC@MINI didnt know KC could score 6 runs?

ilsox7
I never altered any statistic based on the size of a ballpark or the amount of foul ground.

I'm am the antithesis of Dark Cloud.

I'll leave that to the jury.

downstairs

I have the same scary feeling i did in the Illini season:o: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :gulp:

Well, that's not exactly a good thing. Lets hope the Sox can finish off what the Illini couldn't.

World Series win or bust!

mccoydp

Believe it was Widge with a bad throw to second.

SoxFan76
06-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Hermanson is a baaad man. The look on his face before that final batter made me think he is about to roll off another insane scoreless inning streak.

GoRowand33
also cant underestimate the importance of uribe coming back tripling and making a great play a short
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :gulp: :gulp:

PicktoCLick72
Great pitching from two deserving of All-Star recogntion. This is a game great teams are able to hold on and win. I'm out of breathafter this one. But the bananas sure aren't. :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

owensmouth
I think that IRod yelled "Let's Go!!!" as he got up after that triple.

Well, He gawn.

NealCotts4Life
If you look up stopper in the Dictionary you'd see this picture: http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/images/players/mugshot/ph_279824.jpg

Also I love winning 1 run games. Are the Sox still the best record in one run games?

downstairs
06-28-2005, 09:50 PM
I didnt know KC could score 6 runs?

Sure they can. As long as they give up 7 beforehand.
:angry:

delben91

Everyone chill out on our offense please, 3 bad games should not cause this much alarm.

Saturday we saw an awesome play by Hollandsworth to steal a Crede HR. We win that game if not for that.

Today we won and only scored 2 runs.

Precisely.

Robertson has a solid ERA (3.58), if nothing else (didn't look up his other stats). Sometimes you just run into some good pitching (Prior fits that bill). And the Sox still found a way to win today. I'll take it! :gulp:

ilsox7
Hermanson is a baaad man. The look on his face before that final batter made me think he is about to roll off another insane scoreless inning streak.

He was unreal. I'll have to admit after the triple I was yelling at my TV that we can't let another one get away from MB. But when "Detroit-Cleveland for first" popped out, I had a good feeling he'd get it done!

VeeckAsInWreck
06-28-2005, 09:52 PM

I have the same scary feeling i did in the Illini season:o:

Not me. In 2000 I knew that the Sox would make the playoffs, but my hopes weren't too high. This is the most confident I have felt about a Sox team since '94.

Guys, this is a special season and wins like tonight's prove that it is.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-28-2005, 09:53 PM
It feels great to be back in the win column.

batmanZoSo
In a strange way I wasn't that worried. I was thinking 1-2-3 right after that triple. The tigers seemed as listless as their fans, I felt we had a shot of winning it in regulation. Speaking of the fans, that was the lamest crowd I've ever seen or heard. Absolutely no energy whatsoever. And it wasn't a tiny crowd either.

RedPinStripes
Great pitching! offense wasn't pretty, but in the end, it's just another "W". Wouldn't matter if they scored 20 runs as long as they get the win.

Way to go Sox!:bandance:

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 09:54 PM
Not me. In 2000 I knew that the Sox would make the playoffs, but my hopes weren't too high. This is the most confident I have felt about a Sox team since '94.

Guys, this is a special season and wins like tonight's prove that it is.

Same here. The thing that makes me confident about this team is they are proving they can win 3-2 and 2-1 ballgames. And they have won in ****ty, cold Chicago weather. Guess what the playoffs are like?

RallyBowl
Well, that's not exactly a good thing. Lets hope the Sox can finish off what the Illini couldn't.

World Series win or bust!Echo.

Brian26
That stop by Hermanson is one of the most unbelievable pitching performances to get three outs I've ever seen. I was ready to concede the lead and go into extra innings. What a job by Hermy!

PeteWard
06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
It feels great to be back in the win column.

Jeez, and we've been out of it for all of 2 games. let's temper our expectations folks. yes we want a pennant but we are not going to play .900 ball!

downstairs
06-28-2005, 09:55 PM
In a strange way I wasn't that worried. I was thinking 1-2-3 right after that triple. The tigers seemed as listless as their fans, I felt we had a shot of winning it in regulation. Speaking of the fans, that was the lamest crowd I've ever seen or heard. Absolutely no energy whatsoever. And it wasn't a tiny crowd either.

Yeah I noticed that as well.

And they're in the friggin' WC hunt (not that I'd bet on them.)

Maybe they were all depressed from the Spurs beatdown they got last week?

Pathetic crowd!

Norberto7
06-28-2005, 09:56 PM
Ozzie needs to put Hermanson into far more games. Because of his ERA? No. Because of his splitter? No. Because of his clutch performances? No. It is because he obviously has way too much time to "groom" his facial hair. But...if he gets saves after giving up leadoff triples...have it your way, Dustin! :cheers:

voodoochile
06-28-2005, 09:56 PM
:supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana: :supernana:

'nuff said...

Norberto7
06-28-2005, 09:58 PM
Yeah I noticed that as well.

And they're in the friggin' WC hunt (not that I'd bet on them.)

Maybe they were all depressed from the Spurs beatdown they got last week?

Pathetic crowd!

Haha, yeah it sounded like a little league game out there, where you could just hear the same dad yelling over and over. You could hear all the "Back!"s on the throws to first, etc...lively bunch.

GoRowand33
06-28-2005, 09:58 PM

i was thinking the same thing

i mean god when i was at the sox dodgers game w/ the aj homer the fans were givin carl everett a standin ovation before he singled

but these tiger fans seemed like they didnt even care

PeteWard
06-28-2005, 09:59 PM
Well we can cry about our O--and with reason the last three games but our woes are nothing compared to the twins. Their middle relief is non-existent. Mulholland is in again and his ERA in his last five or six games is immense.

And the Royals take the lead and still threaten with no outs! Thank you terry!!!!

Brian26
Had to save this one for MB. Did you see Ozzie's reaction? He knew it was high time to get Mark a win in one of these close ones.

Ozzie was pumped. He thought it was going to extra innings. Huge win!

ilsox7
i was thinking the same thing

i mean god when i was at the sox dodgers game w/ the aj homer the fans were givin carl everett a standin ovation before he singled

but these tiger fans seemed like they didnt even care

If they can't yell Deeeeeeetroit Baaaaaasketballllll, then I think they don't really care.

slugfish
06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
Did anyone see Ozzie take something out of his mouth and throw it at I-Rod after he caught the foul ball by the Sox dugout?

shoota
06-28-2005, 10:00 PM
What? Did you see him go up the middle, reach down and make an off balance throw without even wincing?

Yes, and I still don't think he's 100% healthy. You disagree?

Brian26
06-28-2005, 10:02 PM
Fair enough... but to us, they're bad. Or, at least "going nowhere."

Not trying to diss these teams... but we have to be careful of these "spoilers".

I can't speak for anyone else, but the Tigers scare me. I consider the Royals bad. I don't think the Tigers are bad at all.

FielderJones
Did anyone see Ozzie take something out of his mouth and throw it at I-Rod after he caught the foul ball by the Sox dugout?

According to Farmio it was gum.

shoota

Yeah, it looked like Ozzie took his chewing gum out of his mouth and threw it at IRod.

I'm guessing their relationship from Florida allows him to joke around like that. IRod didn't even see the throw though. I think Ozzie missed him.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 10:03 PM
Yes, and I still don't think he's 100% healthy. You disagree?

Looked perfectly fine to me. He legged out a triple and made that play and showed zero signs of pain. Usually guys who aren't 100% at least wince or grimace. He did neither. I think Ozzie held him out an extra day or two b/c Ozuna was playing so well. Maybe he is 95% b/c the season takes its toll on any player, but he showed no ill effects of the back spasms tonight.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 10:04 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but the Tigers scare me. I consider the Royals bad. I don't think the Tigers are bad at all.

Detroit is solid. They have a few very good arms and a few guys in their line-up who can hurt you.

BeviBall!
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Hermy realized he couldn't throw meatballs anymore after those choice pitches to IRod. Could be the turning point for him.

Tragg
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Wow - leadoff triple and we hold them at bay! Way to go Dustin.
He's fresh and ready for this roadtrip.

MrRoboto83
06-28-2005, 10:06 PM
Hermy you the MAN!!

Brian26
06-28-2005, 10:07 PM
...have proclaimed this is "the year of the White Sox!"

Plenty of room for you on the bandwagon, boys.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 10:07 PM

I'd rather both of them stay off this bandwagon.

Brian26
06-28-2005, 10:08 PM
Bloomberg says it was a win "we desperately needed".

We got a 10 game lead, scrubby-lover.

He also sounds pissed the Tigers couldn't get a sac fly in the 9th. :whiner:

Brian26
06-28-2005, 10:10 PM
Awesome reaction by both Hermy and Ozzie. :supernana:

cubhater
06-28-2005, 10:11 PM
If they can't yell Deeeeeeetroit Baaaaaasketballllll, then I think they don't really care.

And the whole time I thought it was a hockey town.:tongue:

Way to go MB and Herminator! Now let's get the offense going tomorrow night!

Once again, it's beating teams in our own division! I'm glad interleague play is OVER for the year.

Cowhead418
06-28-2005, 10:11 PM
Amazing job by Buehrle and an amazing job by Hermanson. Buehrle was so close to having yet another no-decision but thanks to Hermie's clutch performance he gets the win. Buehrle has also moved up to the best ERA in the AL because Rogers couldn't pitch today because he hurt himself smashing a water cooler.:cool:
What a great win.:bandance:

Brian26
06-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Bloomberg thinks Shingo is "getting up there in age." Geezus, this guy is a ****ing tool.

Bloomberg doesn't think Politte deserves to be on the All-Star team, because he's only a "set-up" man.

ND_Sox_Fan
06-28-2005, 10:17 PM
9 wins in a row for Mark.

Over the half-way point to 100 wins ....

tebman
06-28-2005, 10:19 PM
Great game -- MB, DH, JD, OMG!

Better build a trailer on that bandwagon!
:bandance: :gulp: :bandance:

shoota
06-28-2005, 10:26 PM

haha, Bloomberg guy is a huge geek. He constantly plays with his pen while thinking of what he wants to say.

Politte not an All-Star? Bloomberg lacks knowledge in his job.

Jerko
06-28-2005, 10:29 PM
I'd rather both of them stay off this bandwagon.

I'd rather both of them be UNDER the bandwagon.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2005, 10:30 PM
:tomatoaward

Oh, and a great win, too!

ilsox7

Hehe. It's funny cuz it's true.

The Racehorse
Great to see my season PTC, click. Hermy my man, you are due for a yawner or three regarding save situations, though I'm not hassling it... just enjoying the ride... enjoying the ride. :cool:

:supernana:
In Herm I Trust!

Lip Man 1
'Chad' Hermanson is one cold blooded dude. Wow what a finish!

Lip

Jurr
06-28-2005, 10:47 PM
Crazy game. I've never been so happy and then so pissed off more times in one game. :bandance:

Unregistered
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Bloomberg thinks Shingo is "getting up there in age." Geezus, this guy is a ****ing tool.

Bloomberg doesn't think Politte deserves to be on the All-Star team, because he's only a "set-up" man.
Wonderful. Now who the **** is "Bloomberg" exactly?

cwsfannick
06-28-2005, 10:49 PM
Gutty win by the palehose. Great way to start the road trip.

Does anybody else thing we needed to do a better job adjusting our middle infielders tonight? It just seemed that Tiger hitters were going up the middle all night and we kept on playing them in the holes.

BeviBall!
06-28-2005, 11:02 PM
I love how Canellis has to constantly hide his Capt. Hook nose by sitting at an 45 degree, right angle. As vain as Mariah Carey and about as knowledgable in baseball too.

EDIT: He also proclaimed that taking Bogut is a mistake. Go back to 190 North, douche.

Bisco Stu
06-28-2005, 11:07 PM
http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/baseball/mlb/img8604511.jpg

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 11:10 PM
Wonderful. Now who the **** is "Bloomberg" exactly?

I think he means Lumberg.

Unregistered
06-28-2005, 11:15 PM
I think he means Lumberg.
http://ubbt.moby.com/userfiles/2870957-lumbergh.jpg
"Uh... yeah, Shingo? I'm gonna have to go and try to get you traded...thanks..."

Foulke You
06-28-2005, 11:19 PM
Bloomberg says it was a win "we desperately needed".

We got a 10 game lead, scrubby-lover.

He also sounds pissed the Tigers couldn't get a sac fly in the 9th. :whiner:
I saw that too! I was laughing when he said we "desperately needed" that win and of course he had to add the "two straight losses to the Cubs" comment. C'mon, it was a nice win, but I wouldn't say it was a "desperate" game for the Sox. I too noticed him lamenting Detroit's inability to get the run home. Bloomberg=Tool.

Foulke You
06-28-2005, 11:23 PM
While Buehrle deserves most of the accolades tonite, allow me to give props to Jermaine Dye for that CLUTCH homer he hit to put us ahead.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 11:24 PM
While Buehrle deserves most of the accolades tonite, allow me to give props to Jermaine Dye for that CLUTCH homer he hit to put us ahead.

But it was only a solo shot. All he ever does is it solo homers.

flo-B-flo
06-28-2005, 11:28 PM
I can't speak for anyone else, but the Tigers scare me Absolutely, And the Injuns are here. This can only make the Sox better, sharper.

Bisco Stu
06-28-2005, 11:31 PM
But it was only a solo shot. All he ever does is it solo homers.

Not his fault, but a disturbing trend nonetheless.

nedlug
06-28-2005, 11:41 PM
http://images.quizilla.com/1033755553_ter_result.jpg

"Well, at least I didn't sleep with Lumberg..."

flo-B-flo
06-28-2005, 11:45 PM
Hooray Red Stripe!!

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 11:50 PM
http://ubbt.moby.com/userfiles/2870957-lumbergh.jpg
"Uh... yeah, Shingo? I'm gonna have to go and try to get you traded...thanks..."

:rolling:

Crede...whaaaaat's happening. Ummmmmmm, listen if you could just go ahead and start hitting like you're capable, that would be greeeeeat. Mmmkay?

BlackHat91
06-28-2005, 11:57 PM
Another key division win. Man, we are making the AL Central look like a joke with our record against divisional opponents. The thing is, this is one of the best divisions in baseball. That says something about the SOX. They are beating up on clubs that arent that bad at all. Lets keep up that double digit lead!

The Wall
06-29-2005, 12:00 AM

My first thread and it earns a 100+ replies...I must be doing something...umm...different :rolleyes:

SoxSpeed22
06-29-2005, 12:01 AM
Ugly is as ugly does!

flo-B-flo
06-29-2005, 12:05 AM

Today we won and only scored 2 runs. I like this tude. There are 162 games. There will be good play and bad play. Sometimes the Sox will get their ass beat. And others they will steal one. One winning formula is to win the close games. One run games. Man,(sigh of terror) Hermanson is the closer.

batmanZoSo
06-29-2005, 12:11 AM
We faced Maddux, Prior and Robertson, who in his last start threw a shutout. On top of that, until Friday we'd been ripping the ball for most of the month basically. We were due for a couple of losses like we always have after our 8 gamers, then we went back to a one-run win with stellar pitching.

flo-B-flo
06-29-2005, 12:25 AM

My first thread and it earns a 100+ replies...I must be doing something...umm...different :rolleyes: dont bust your arm:wink:

halfpricemonday
06-29-2005, 12:29 AM
Since I'm stuck here in California, I didn't get a chance to watch or listen to the game. But as soon as I read that Hermie got the save in a 2-1 game after giving up a leadoff triple, I signed up right away for MLB.tv. I'm watching the game via the Interweb right now.

LEADOFF TRIPLE?! And he gets the save, preserving an 8-hit, 1-run performance by Buehrle?

Man, I love this team. Winning will never get old.

I can't add anything of substance to the thread, seeing as I didn't catch the game live, but I guess I just wanted to be part of such an amazing win, in my own little WSI way.

Jjav829
06-29-2005, 12:36 AM
Holy ****! Wow, Hermanson. Just wow. I gotta say, that was about the most nervous I've been all year. Why, I don't know. It was one of these situations where I was sitting there saying, "He can do this. He can get out of this jam." Because of that, I was really nervous for him. I was pissed as hell when he didn't get the called third strike on Young. That was a strike all night. I gotta say, a large part of it was me wanting Buehrle to get the win. One loss at this point isn't horrible for the team, so I selfishly wanted to see Buehrle get the win. I'm glad he did get it.

Great win. :bandance:

dranny32
06-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Tonights game was definately a 42er

Jjav829
06-29-2005, 12:38 AM

Yeah, those weren't real fans. No way. I think they were cardboard cutouts. I figure the Tigers must be using some elaborate scheme of cutouts and canned sounds to make the crowd sound somewhat real. That was like a Tampa Bay crowd.

StillMissOzzie
06-29-2005, 12:44 AM
And another thing - this adds to the victory total when the Sox score three runs or less. A few weeks ago, the brain trust on ESPN.com had an article where the Sox were already running away from last year's total, not to mention every other team in MLB, in this statistic. Great pitching and improved defense will do that...

SMO

Vernam
06-29-2005, 01:04 AM
wow did irod hit that ball hard tho.

"A couple of strips of bacon at breakfast, and he'd a busted that baby out-a-here," as Mike Shannon (http://www.gavroche.org/pbfiw/archives/000879.html) would say. That, or another injection of HGH in his a**. :wink:

The game was being Tivo'ed as we drove home from shopping, but of course I couldn't resist listening to Rooney and Farmio. We pulled in the garage just as Dmitri Young came up in the 9th, and I was sure they'd blown another one-run performance by Buehrle. Turned off the car, headed inside, and started fast-forwarding from the start of the game, just to see how the 2 Sox and 1 Tiger runs got scored. Took about 45 minutes. Man, I nearly plotzed when I finally saw that Hermanson left Rodriguez stranded! Longest ninth-inning ever! :gulp:

VC

slavko
06-29-2005, 02:24 AM
Canellis and Blomberg(?) are both Sox fans. Lou's uncle owns a piece of the club. I didn't say they were ace reporters. C'mon, it's CLTV!

SOXfnNlansing
06-29-2005, 02:28 AM
Once again, it's beating teams in our own division! I'm glad interleague play is OVER for the year. ahem..... interleague will resume in late Oct for our SOX :bandance:

batmanZoSo
06-29-2005, 02:47 AM
"A couple of strips of bacon at breakfast, and he'd a busted that baby out-a-here," as Mike Shannon (http://www.gavroche.org/pbfiw/archives/000879.html) would say. That, or another injection of HGH in his a**. :wink:

The game was being Tivo'ed as we drove home from shopping, but of course I couldn't resist listening to Rooney and Farmio. We pulled in the garage just as Dmitri Young came up in the 9th, and I was sure they'd blown another one-run performance by Buehrle. Turned off the car, headed inside, and started fast-forwarding from the start of the game, just to see how the 2 Sox and 1 Tiger runs got scored. Took about 45 minutes. Man, I nearly plotzed when I finally saw that Hermanson left Rodriguez stranded! Longest ninth-inning ever! :gulp:

VC

Pudge was juiced when he made it to third, as if he'd just tied the game--which he all but did by hitting a leadoff triple. Still gotta touch home, though. And to do that, it helps to hit the ball out of the infield. Ha. He never expected to be stranded there.

TomC727
06-29-2005, 03:11 AM
I was at the game tonight. Very nice stadium, too bad the city sucks. Lot of Sox fans there. Great seats, great game. The Detroit fans were not bad at all. Pretty friendly.

RockyMtnSoxFan
06-29-2005, 03:11 AM
And another thing - this adds to the victory total when the Sox score three runs or less. A few weeks ago, the brain trust on ESPN.com had an article where the Sox were already running away from last year's total, not to mention every other team in MLB, in this statistic. Great pitching and improved defense will do that...

SMO

One thing that I like about our Sox is that they win in every category. If you look at home-away, day-night, one run, extra innings, whatever you can come up with, we have a good record. There are several teams that only win at home (eg, Nationals) or do better at night or in some other situation, but we seem to be capable of winning any game in any situation.

darklord23
06-29-2005, 03:49 AM
great pitching again by buehrle, offense was decent but it got the job done

Realist
06-29-2005, 07:28 AM
...but we seem to be capable of winning any game in any situation.

I think this is exactly what keeps most thinking White Sox fans cautiously optimistic about this team and this season.

As White Sox fans we all naturally have the peripheral vision to see the "other shoe" about to drop in the corner of our eye. It's just too bad the dark clouds need to keep pointing out the obvious to us.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Tonights game was definately a 42er
Great point. I definitely don't think this one belongs in that 60, either. This is one we stole.

I love how pumped up Ivan Rodgriguez was about that triple. I wish I could've seen his reaction when out number 3 was recorded. :bandance:

Baby Fisk
06-29-2005, 09:29 AM
It was nice too see Dustin "balls of brass" Hermanson respond to Rodriguez's showboating with a classy LOCK DOWN SHUT DOWN NO JAILBREAKS performance. Beauty!

Cowhead418
06-29-2005, 09:51 AM
One thing that I like about our Sox is that they win in every category. If you look at home-away, day-night, one run, extra innings, whatever you can come up with, we have a good record. There are several teams that only win at home (eg, Nationals) or do better at night or in some other situation, but we seem to be capable of winning any game in any situation.
Well it's kind of hard to have a bad record in one of those categories when you're 51-24!:wink:

CHISOXFAN13
06-29-2005, 12:43 PM
It was nice too see Dustin "balls of brass" Hermanson respond to Rodriguez's showboating with a classy LOCK DOWN SHUT DOWN NO JAILBREAKS performance. Beauty!

Maybe it's just me, but if a member of the White Sox shows as much emotion as Rodriguez did, Im jacked up.

I had no problem with it, especially considering Hermanson got to have a smiliar celebration five minutes later.

balke
06-29-2005, 12:49 PM
I-Rod pretty much hit a HR there, he was just in the wrong ballpark. I'd be pumped too. If I'm the Tigers or Tigers fan, I'm absolutely livid about stranding the leadoff batter at 3rd.

maurice
06-29-2005, 12:54 PM
Pudge was juiced when he made it to third

No, if I-Roid were still on the juice, it would have been a HR. :D:

He pulls that crap all the time. I remember a game where the Tigers were getting shelled late. I-Roid hit a meaningless 2-out 2B with nobody on and celebrated like he just won the World Series.

ramorgan1
06-29-2005, 01:58 PM
Buehrle can start the All Star Game.... YES!

ilsox7
06-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Buehrle can start the All Star Game.... YES!

I'd rather him come in 2nd to Halladay and pitch 1 inning. Hopefully pitching 3 will be similar to his throw days and he can still make the 1st start after the break is over.

BeviBall!
06-29-2005, 02:37 PM
I actually think Halladay deserves to start. They guy has 5 CGs and has gone 9 IP in two extra inning games.

shoota
06-30-2005, 12:42 AM

Nice home run by Dye. It was the difference in the game.

I forgot to add this last night, so I'm adding it now. On Buehrle's huge pickoff of Logan, Konerko blocked first base with his foot, buying himself time to receive Mark's throw and tag out Logan before he could get his hand back to first.

Smart play by Konerko.

FarWestChicago
06-30-2005, 12:45 AM
I forgot to add this last night, so I'm adding it now. On Buehrle's huge pickoff of Logan, Konerko blocked first base with his foot, buying himself time to receive Mark's throw and tag out Logan before he could get his hand back to first.

Smart play by Konerko.Yes, and he's great at the 3-6-3, too. Didn't you say you weren't an aPaulogist? :rolleyes:

ode to veeck
06-30-2005, 12:47 AM
Didn't you say you weren't an aPaulogist? :rolleyes:

LOL! I would think there's an epidemic of this disease, rampant throughout the clubhouse.

shoota
06-30-2005, 01:00 AM
Yes, and he's great at the 3-6-3, too. Didn't you say you weren't an aPaulogist? :rolleyes:

I did say that, but I'm not an aPaulogist. I just think it was a nice defensive play that was worth noting. Though, a few more plays like that, and I might become an APaulogist :D:

TaylorStSox
06-30-2005, 01:11 AM
I did say that, but I'm not an aPaulogist. I just think it was a nice defensive play that was worth noting. Though, a few more plays like that, and I might become an APaulogist :D:

How many runs did it save on your Super Scoring System?

ilsox7
06-30-2005, 01:13 AM
How many runs did it save on your Super Scoring System?