PDA

View Full Version : Joe Randa

FGarcia34
06-28-2005, 05:42 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about the possibility of picking up Joe Randa. I mean, this guy is solid...He's hitting like .290 with 12 home runs and 41 driven in so far. He is also very solid defensively and the Reds will be a seller around the trading deadline. I know Minnesota is interested in Randa but how sweet would it be to swoop in and grab him. He would be a significant over Crede and isnt too much of a downgrade in the field at all. He has only committed 3 errors this season. I would personally love this pick up. Getting a career .286 hitter would be fantastic. Add a little more veteran to this team. He also knows the division pretty well because he has played for the Royals so no worry there. We could be looking at a lineup like this...

Podsednik CF - .290
Iguchi 2B - .287
Thomas DH - (No Stats Necessary)/Everett - .268 11 HR 46 RBI
Konerko 1B - .251 18 HR 52 RBI
Rowand CF - .277
Dye RF - .266 15 HR 35 RBI
Randa 3B - .290 12 HR 41 RBI
Pierzynski C - .254 11 HR 31 RBI
Uribe SS - .242 5 HR 33 RBI

All those guys are pretty clutch and this would be a significant upgrade to our offense. What do you guys think?

The Dude
06-28-2005, 05:43 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about the possibility of picking up Joe Randa. I mean, this guy is solid...He's hitting like .290 with 12 home runs and 41 driven in so far. He is also very solid defensively and the Reds will be a seller around the trading deadline. I know Minnesota is interested in Randa but how sweet would it be to swoop in and grab him. He would be a significant over Crede and isnt too much of a downgrade in the field at all. He has only committed 3 errors this season. I would personally love this pick up. Getting a career .286 hitter would be fantastic. Add a little more veteran to this team. He also knows the division pretty well because he has played for the Royals so no worry there. We could be looking at a lineup like this...

Podsednik CF - .290
Iguchi 2B - .287
Thomas DH - (No Stats Necessary)/Everett - .268 11 HR 46 RBI
Konerko 1B - .251 18 HR 52 RBI
Rowand CF - .277
Dye RF - .266 15 HR 35 RBI
Randa 3B - .290 12 HR 41 RBI
Pierzynski C - .254 11 HR 31 RBI
Uribe SS - .242 5 HR 33 RBI

All those guys are pretty clutch and this would be a significant upgrade to our offense. What do you guys think?

i think that
:threadsucks

bumptious96
06-28-2005, 05:45 PM
I get the feeling that Randa is playing a little over his head right now, especially in a hitters park such as Reds play at. I don't think it would be worth trading a significant prospect or two to get some one who IMHO is a Joe Crede clone.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 05:46 PM
(groan)

MIgrenade
06-28-2005, 05:47 PM
As soon as one of these threads moves onto the second page someone has to make a new one.
Randa is not that good.

The Dude
06-28-2005, 05:48 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about the possibility of picking up Joe Randa.

Also, if you want to see Joe Randa in a Sox uniform, ask WhiteSoxJosh...he'll send you a wonderful looking photoshopped picture of Randa with the White Sox garb because thats the closest that he'll ever come to our team. :D:

Rocky Soprano
06-28-2005, 05:57 PM
Does anyone ever use the search feature?

BeviBall!
06-28-2005, 06:02 PM
Even though this has been beat to death... Randa would be a great fit for the Sox. But, at the risk of disrupting team chemistry, I'm for keeping Crede at this point. Chavez is a whole other story and a no-brainer.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 06:03 PM
Does anyone ever use the search feature?

Thank You!

Maybe in order to register a user name here you should be required to go through a "Search Function Tutorial." Seriously, it ain't rocket science people.

Tragg
06-28-2005, 06:05 PM
I was wondering what you guys think about the possibility of picking up Joe Randa. I mean, this guy is solid...

He's not solid - he blows.

The Dude
06-28-2005, 06:05 PM
Thank You!

Maybe in order to register a user name here you should be required to go through a "Search Function Tutorial." Seriously, it ain't rocket science people.

Or even an exam to prove that you're not a troll/idiot.

CHISOXFAN13
06-28-2005, 06:08 PM
How long until White Sox Josh or some other Randa lover adds to this thread letting us know that Randa and Jermaine Dye are best friends (see ESPN the Mag this week).

maurice
06-28-2005, 06:19 PM
Dude, what's the score?

Notwithstanding the groan-inducing repetitiveness of this thread, if you think Randa "blows," I'd hate to hear what you think of Crede.

skobabe8
06-28-2005, 06:19 PM
i think that
:threadsucks

Its pretty funny that this thread was started at 4:42 pm and the first response was at 4:43. The Dude, you must have been excited as hell get all over this one. :D:

ShoelessJoeS
06-28-2005, 06:39 PM
credes the man...chavez or nothing

quit all of these stupid joe randa threads

The Dude
06-28-2005, 07:08 PM
Its pretty funny that this thread was started at 4:42 pm and the first response was at 4:43. The Dude, you must have been excited as hell get all over this one. :D:

Gotta work quickly like the burly man!:tongue:

White Sox Josh
06-28-2005, 07:57 PM
credes the man...chavez or nothing

quit all of these stupid joe randa threadsI didn't start it? Why y'all looking at me?:dunno::dunno:

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:50 PM
Josh are you the one who had Randa in a Sox uniform?

White Sox Josh
06-29-2005, 03:51 PM
Josh are you the one who had Randa in a Sox uniform?yeah.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:53 PM
Ya ok I thought you were.

honestly i think he would be good.

Foulke You
06-29-2005, 04:24 PM
As long as we're on the Randa topic. The Sox and Twins have developed a bit of a rivarly ourselves. Does anyone think we might need to "pull a Steinbrenner" and deal for Randa to prevent the Twins from getting him? For the record, Randa would be an improvement over Crede as well but I think keeping him from the Twins could be just as important.

White Sox Josh
06-29-2005, 04:25 PM
As long as we're on the Randa topic. The Sox and Twins have developed a bit of a rivarly ourselves. Does anyone think we might need to "pull a Steinbrenner" and deal for Randa to prevent the Twins from getting him? For the record, Randa would be an improvement over Crede as well but I think keeping him from the Twins could be just as important.yes. He is better than Crede and isn't bad defensively.

Tragg
06-29-2005, 06:46 PM
As long as we're on the Randa topic. The Sox and Twins have developed a bit of a rivarly ourselves. Does anyone think we might need to "pull a Steinbrenner" and deal for Randa to prevent the Twins from getting him? For the record, Randa would be an improvement over Crede as well but I think keeping him from the Twins could be just as important.

Are we talking about Roger Clemens here or Joe Randa?

Foulke You
06-30-2005, 04:04 AM
Are we talking about Roger Clemens here or Joe Randa?
I'm serious though. I realize that Randa isn't a 5 tool player like Beltran but he is an above average player and you also have to examine the situation. The Twins are desperately trying to improve the left side of their infield and Randa is at the top of a short list of available third baseman. The Twins are a notorious 2nd half team, remember how a seemingly minor deal for Shannon Stewart a couple years ago helped ignite their team and sent them cruising past the Sox to a division title? I realize it is unlikely the Sox will blow a 10 game lead, but why not step on the throat of the Twinkees while you have the chance and improve your team at the same time denying them a player they wanted?