PDA

View Full Version : US Post Office White Sox commemorative Matte photo

The Dude
06-28-2005, 03:50 PM
The post office here in Dekalb, IL has had these large various sports photo/matte 8 x 10 pictures of a player with date of conception April 4 2005 below the photo with a pic of the Cell, etc. The entire thing is
12 x 16. They've had Flubs, Bears, Packers, Red Flubs, etc. FINALLY, they have White Sox ones! Frank Thomas, Scott Pods, Paul Konerko, Mark Buehrle, I couldnt tell who the old timer they had( i think it was Luke Appling) These are going for $19.99 and look pretty sharp.

Typical story about my purchase of the Thomas one...I told the clerk I wanted the Frank Thomas one that was hanging up. She said, "I dont know which one he is." I pointed clearly and said, "You should know who he is by now." No big deal,we laughed. But the other clerk next to her pointed to the Greg Maddux one and said, "You should get a real hall-of famer right here." I exclaimed that they both will be hall of famers when they retire if not first ballot ones. He shook his head and said, "No way, Thomas was too much of a whiner." typical, typical response.

Anyways, I'd take a picture of the Frank Thomas one I bought, but I dont have a digital camera around. Anyone else see these or have a photo of them??

Norberto7
06-28-2005, 11:27 PM
"Now, Dude, that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from."

I'm probably not the first to quote that, but I love the name. :thumbsup: Though I, like everyone else in the 8 hours since this thread has been posted, have nothing of value to add to this post. Sorry!

The Dude
06-29-2005, 04:24 AM
"Now, Dude, that's a name no one would self-apply where I come from."

I'm probably not the first to quote that, but I love the name. :thumbsup: Though I, like everyone else in the 8 hours since this thread has been posted, have nothing of value to add to this post. Sorry!

thats cool man. I guess this might be one of those EASTERN things!

MrRoboto83
06-29-2005, 08:09 AM
http://www.eng.buffalo.edu/~hulme/Graphics/lebowski/im_staying.jpg"I'm staying here and enjoying my coffee"

http://www.lebowskifest.com

Jurr
06-29-2005, 09:43 AM
"Nothing is _____ here...NOTHING IS _________...you're being very UN-DUUUDE!"

Oh, Walter.