PDA

View Full Version : Dumb pitching injuries

Jjav829
06-28-2005, 01:38 PM
Over the last two days, we've found out that two starting pitchers have injured themselves throwing fits after being taken out of the game.
Kenny Rogers punched a water cooler and broke a bone in his non-pitching hand. He'll miss at least one start and could land on the DL.

Oliver Perez kicked a laundry cart after getting hit around in St. Louis, resulting in a broken toe. He was placed on the DL.

Now I'm not going to sit here and preach restraint because I'm the first to punch a wall or throw something when I get pissed off. But these guys are being relied on by their respective teams to lead them. In moments of anger, they each injured themselves and are now hurting their team. Rogers' injury is a bit more important because his team is in the playoff race. I understand the anger and wanting to release it somehow, but maybe each of these guys should think about how they do that next time. I mean grab a bat and swing at something, but don't risk hurting your team because of a few bad pitches.

DaleJRFan
06-28-2005, 01:44 PM
...grab a bat and swing at something...

remind me not to piss off Jjav

SOXPHILE
06-28-2005, 01:51 PM
Nothing...NOTHING is as funny as when Steve Trout ouchied himself after he fell off of an exercise bike.

SoxSpeed22
06-28-2005, 01:55 PM
I think there should be "designated stuff to break with a bat" in the clubhouse. It's so pointless to get yourself hurt not playin'. Kevin Brown did the same thing as Rodgers. Don't forget when Kyle Farnsworth kicked a fan and was out for a month.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 02:00 PM
I think there should be "designated stuff to break with a bat" in the clubhouse. It's so pointless to get yourself hurt not playin'. Kevin Brown did the same thing as Rodgers. Don't forget when Kyle Farnsworth kicked a fan and was out for a month.At least Rogers had the sense not to use his pitching hand.

DaleJRFan
06-28-2005, 02:39 PM
here's another winner...
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2096137

Oliver Perez breaks toe kicking stuff in clubhouse...

daveeym
06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Sosa's boombox has already been destroyed.

I thought for sure Zambrano was going to end up like this after his last debacle, obviously he was too busy cussing out god instead.

1951Campbell
06-28-2005, 02:49 PM
Bill Lee. Pitchers getting that involved in a brawl? Just not smart.

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 03:52 PM
I'll never foget Goose Gossage breaking his hand taking a swing at one of his own teamates in the clubhouse, hilarious, and totally in character for Goose, who didn't back down from anyone.

ChiSoxRowand
06-28-2005, 04:14 PM
Julian Tavarez punched a phone in the playoffs last year.

FedEx227
06-28-2005, 05:07 PM
and then the constant sickening camera-angles showing his swollen hand...

StockdaleForVeep
06-28-2005, 08:09 PM
I think there should be "designated stuff to break with a bat" in the clubhouse. It's so pointless to get yourself hurt not playin'. Kevin Brown did the same thing as Rodgers. Don't forget when Kyle Farnsworth kicked a fan and was out for a month.

An nfl team did this and the kicker almost amputated his own leg and THAT was for team unity

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 09:25 PM
A few years ago David Cone chopped off the tip of one of his pitching hand 's finger. He couldn't 'feel' his curve ball or his cutter for quite some time thereafter. He was trimming a hedge on an off day.

Banix12
06-28-2005, 10:14 PM
Ricky Bones hurts himself in Florida while getting up out of a Lay-z-boy. If I recall Mike Remlinger did something similar.

Unregistered
06-29-2005, 12:05 AM
I seem to remember the Sox' own Aaron Myette breaking his pitching hand punching a wall in the clubhouse after a crappy start. I was always glad we traded that maniac. :cool:

batmanZoSo
06-29-2005, 01:35 AM
I mean grab a bat and swing at something

Yeah, that's what Crede's there for. :tongue: :bandance:

Jurr
06-29-2005, 09:18 AM
Yeah, that's what Crede's there for. :tongue: :bandance:
Ouch...I mean..very ouch.

gobears1987
06-29-2005, 11:33 AM
What is real bad is both are on my fantasy baseball team.

santo=dorf
06-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Last night on the Best Damn Sports Show Period John Smoltz denied there was any truth to him burning himself while ironing a shirt he was wearing.