PDA

View Full Version : Texas Hold Em- ALL IN KENNY!

06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
Just like playing Hold Em, go all in Kenny. We don't have too many years like this, throw your chips in and lets go for it all, get Jason Schimdt, give them McCarthy, who cares, we got a real shot here to win it all (and I mean more then the Central) 1917!!!!!!

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:45 AM
we kinda already have like 3 or 4 threads like this. sorry

06-28-2005, 01:15 PM
Hmph!

Tekijawa
06-28-2005, 01:23 PM
Hasn't anyone emailed Brooks lately?

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 02:58 PM
thank goodness for the what's the score forum :redneck

dcb33
06-28-2005, 03:07 PM
Just like playing Hold Em, go all in Kenny. We don't have too many years like this, throw your chips in and lets go for it all, get Jason Schimdt, give them McCarthy, who cares, we got a real shot here to win it all (and I mean more then the Central) 1917!!!!!!

Good idea- maybe he'll get all the other GMs to fold.

mr_genius
06-28-2005, 03:23 PM
Good idea- maybe he'll get all the other GMs to fold.

haha! yea

skobabe8
06-28-2005, 05:40 PM
haha! yea

teal = sarcasm

Cubbiesuck13
06-29-2005, 01:23 AM
Why would we be satisfied with just one season like this? Seems to me we have a fine core of young players to make this happen about three more times at least. So I hope Kenny doesn't go all in and screw up the future. No one expected this great a start and now they seem to expect a WS. I'll be happy if we make it to the ALCS. Next year you build on that untill we make it to the WS. This doesn't have to be one and done. Three AL Central Championships and two ALCS wins and a WS win will do me right if it happens in the next three years.

BNLSox
06-29-2005, 01:51 AM
I love poker and I love the White Sox and your combination of the both has me jumping for joy.

The having the other GM's fold bit = HILLARIOUS! Good stuff folks.

As for the original idea, while I agree that we should really go for it this year, you have to account for the team winning as a TEAM. If Kenny is to go out and get a big name pitcher he sure as hell better be confident that the guy is staying here through 2006 and that he'll fit in with our crew.

I love this team!

batmanZoSo
06-29-2005, 02:21 AM
Why would we be satisfied with just one season like this? Seems to me we have a fine core of young players to make this happen about three more times at least.

It always seems like that. It seemed like that in 59, in 83, in 93 and in 2000. Each time it was one and done. This team believes in itself and everything's clicking. This is the future we've been waiting for the past few years, hell the past 85 years. This franchise has not made consecutive postseasons in its entire 104 year history. Let's win one before we start thinking dynasty.

Just look at our history of "top" prospects the last 10 years and ask yourself if that's what you want to bank on. I'll take a shot at the World Championship any day of the week over McCarthy, Sweeney, Anderson or any other kid down there that just might hopefully possibly reach our expecations on some future date. Just look at the major leaguers we have now, the core of which have disappointed all of us the last four years by not reaching their potential as a unit. How good will a year-older Frank be? Can Dye remain healthy and productive? Can we continue to win with zero offensive production from the left side of the infield? Since when is Dustin Hermanson a great closer? Who knows and who cares? It's working now, so capitalize on it.

The Yankees made it a ritual to go "all in" every single year and not worry about what prospects they gave up, and while you can see pieces of that farm system around the league in quality guys like Eric Milton, they're only now seeing the ill effects of that practice--4 championships and 6 pennants later.

Cubbiesuck13
06-29-2005, 05:55 AM
It always seems like that. It seemed like that in 59, in 83, in 93 and in 2000. Each time it was one and done. This team believes in itself and everything's clicking. This is the future we've been waiting for the past few years, hell the past 85 years. This franchise has not made consecutive postseasons in its entire 104 year history. Let's win one before we start thinking dynasty.

Just look at our history of "top" prospects the last 10 years and ask yourself if that's what you want to bank on. I'll take a shot at the World Championship any day of the week over McCarthy, Sweeney, Anderson or any other kid down there that just might hopefully possibly reach our expecations on some future date. Just look at the major leaguers we have now, the core of which have disappointed all of us the last four years by not reaching their potential as a unit. How good will a year-older Frank be? Can Dye remain healthy and productive? Can we continue to win with zero offensive production from the left side of the infield? Since when is Dustin Hermanson a great closer? Who knows and who cares? It's working now, so capitalize on it.

The Yankees made it a ritual to go "all in" every single year and not worry about what prospects they gave up, and while you can see pieces of that farm system around the league in quality guys like Eric Milton, they're only now seeing the ill effects of that practice--4 championships and 6 pennants later.

I never said hold on to our prospects. I really think that prospects are for trading because most do not pan out. As much as I like McCarthy and Sweeny I would trade them in a heartbeat for someone who would get us into the playoffs. I would hate to see Garland get traded for a third baseman and that is the point I was trying to make. Those kinds of deals I am leary of. I don't care about any individual players as much as I care about the SOX as a team. Big Frank is great and all but if it took trading him to get someone who could win us a WS then I am all for it.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 07:48 AM
Didn't KW go "all in" when he picked up Everett and Alomar last year?