PDA

View Full Version : Cbs.Sportsline says we are interested in Many starters like.....

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:36 AM
They say we are interested in Schmidt Zito Lilly and Jason Jennings!
Which one would you want.

joe_tansey2004
06-28-2005, 11:41 AM
According to www.sportsline.com (http://www.sportsline.com) rumor mill the Sox are interested in 4 pitchers. The biggest name is Barry Zito, if Oakland decides to move him. I would love to see a rotation of Buerhle, Garcia, Garland, El Duque and Zito. The other possibilities were Jason Schmidt from the Giants and Lilly from Toronto. I forget the other name mentioned.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I also apollogize for spelling schmidts name wrong.:o:

Madvora
06-28-2005, 11:42 AM
I think Zito would be great. He's been one of baseball's primier pitchers for the last few years and has thrown over 200 innings 4 years in a row.
His 4.41 ERA is considered a slump right now because of his 3-8 record. Put him on a good team and the record changes.

Anyone know his contract status? Is this his last year? He's making $5.6 million this year. I wonder if there is a possibility the Sox could hold onto him.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:44 AM
Well is he a free agent next year? what about schmidt jennings and lilly.

And i hate to say it but i would rather hevae Jennings than Lilly. What do you guys think.

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 11:46 AM
According to www.sportsline.com (http://www.sportsline.com/) rumor mill the Sox are interested in 4 pitchers. The biggest name is Barry Zito, if Oakland decides to move him. I would love to see a rotation of Buerhle, Garcia, Garland, El Duque and Zito. The other possibilities were Jason Schmidt from the Giants and Lilly from Toronto. I forget the other name mentioned.

I'd rather have Zito than El Duque, but he's not leading us to a world series unless he reverts to 2002 form. Of course that doesn't mean we can't win anyway. Lilly is crap. Schmidt if healthy makes us nearly impossible to beat. Maybe the other player was Oswalt. I've heard his name mentioned and I likey.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:50 AM
Zito 3-8 4.41
Schmidt 5-3 4.83
Jennings 4-8 5.64
Lilly 5-8 6.24
So there isent anyone with a goof era but.... keep in mind they are on horrible teams except lilly.

balke
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
Schmidt, and you increase his salary if you have to. Teams would be crying if they had to play us with that rotation. That would push our salary to a high level, but it would be worth it, and I think more fans would come out if we had a phenomenal staff like that to cover the cost. I'd take Lilly if it meant no loss of Anderson Gio or Mccarthy. I'd take Zito the same way and would possibly be okay with losing GIO for him. Zito's kinda turned it around, and might just be a player who needs a change of scenery. Jennings I don't know about. He's potentially great, but if we are going for it this year.. why not go for Schmidt?

sthbndsox
06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
do you have a link?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 11:59 AM
I think the best we could do would be to get Randy Johnson

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:00 PM
just got to www.cbs.sportsline.com (http://www.cbs.sportsline.com) and go to rumor mill and potentail targets and you will see it.

dcb33
06-28-2005, 12:01 PM
I think the best we could do would be to get Randy Johnson

He wants nothing to do with us because we're not a World Series contender.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:03 PM
Well.... Thats true because the Yankees are by far the best team and the leauge and hes by far the best pitcher in the leauge.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:05 PM
Everyone who participated in the pole please explain ur answers I want to hear what you guys think.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 12:05 PM
just got to www.cbs.sportsline.com (http://www.cbs.sportsline.com) and go to rumor mill and potentail targets and you will see it.Instead of rumor mill they should rename it "BS we just dreamed up in a bar". None of this stuff is worth a crap.

DVsoxfan
06-28-2005, 12:08 PM
I'd rather have Zito than El Duque, but he's not leading us to a world series unless he reverts to 2002 form. Of course that doesn't mean we can't win anyway. Lilly is crap. Schmidt if healthy makes us nearly impossible to beat. Maybe the other player was Oswalt. I've heard his name mentioned and I likey.

Me likey Oswalt too

Captian Ron
06-28-2005, 12:11 PM
Jason Schmidt. Because he's always solid in the playoffs.:gulp:

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:13 PM
Honestly between zito and schmidt I don't care. I think they are both good are they both free agents. I think the final decisionwould have to be about contract, and What we have to give up.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Me likey Oswalt too

So do I. The problem is, so does Houston.

What would you expect back if you were to trade away Mark Buehrle? That's what the Astros would demand in return for Oswalt.

SoxxoS
06-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Put me on the Schmidt and Oswalt bandwagon.

I think Ozzie would have a tough time figuring out where Garland would pitch if we acquired those guys. A lot of time until the possible playoffs, and a lot can happen, but Freddie has the playoff experience, which I think is a HUGE point. Burly-Schmidt/Oswalt-Freddie...? Garland seems to have the demeanor to not be phased by long relief...

Then again, I don't know how you can put the possible starter for the All Star game to long relief...so this is obvious crazy speculation at this point.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:17 PM
Ok what about Borchard Munoz and Tracey for schmidt or Zito. I think Munoz will never get a chance and Borchard is out of options after this year and Tracey is valued but for zito or schmidtt that would be great. we coud also give up timo Perez too.

TheOldRoman
06-28-2005, 12:18 PM
The Astros aren't selling. They are still very much in the race in the wildcard. They are 7 out of the wild card, but they are 8-2 in their last 10 and have picked it up lately. They will be looking to pick up a pig bat, not trade away one of the best pitchers in baseball.

tschneid83
06-28-2005, 12:19 PM
i picked zito b/c that would offer a different look to the teams every day.

L - buehrle (works fast and as we know he is good)
R - feddy (again proven quality starter who has a bunch of pitches to offer)
L - zito (another lefty and crafty as hell)
R - garland (finally figured out how to put it all together and i love it)
R- contreas (this would be our 5th...not to shabby)

Not a single one of them throws like the other and i think it would make it harder on teams. Plus i loved the zito, mulder duo in oakland so think buehrle, zito would be just as good.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM

I think Ozzie would have a tough time figuring out where Garland would pitch if we acquired those guys. A lot of time until the possible playoffs, and a lot can happen, but Freddie has the playoff experience, which I think is a HUGE point. Burly-Schmidt/Oswalt-Freddie...? Garland seems to have the demeanor to not be phased by long relief...

Then again, I don't know how you can put the possible starter for the All Star game to long relief...so this is obvious crazy speculation at this point.Put me on the Roy Halladay and Johan Santana bandwagon.

Seriously, people, can we try to remain within the realm of remote possibilities?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:21 PM
i picked zito b/c that would offer a different look to the teams every day.

L - buehrle (works fast and as we know he is good)
R - feddy (again proven quality starter who has a bunch of pitches to offer)
L - zito (another lefty and crafty as hell)
R - garland (finally figured out how to put it all together and i love it)
R- contreas (this would be our 5th...not to shabby)

Not a single one of them throws like the other and i think it would make it harder on teams. Plus i loved the zito, mulder duo in oakland so think buehrle, zito would be just as good.
Dued I like that good idea but what about trade bait.

doublem23
06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
This thread was WTS material from the very beginning, but thanks for making the decision a no-brainer, guys.

Let's be honest, the Sox aren't going to acquire more than one starter, if they get any, with the way the pitching has been, especially considering there are other holes on this team that need to be addressed.

tschneid83
06-28-2005, 12:23 PM
Dued I like that good idea but what about trade bait.

ummmm........

Does anyone know what the A's are looking to get????

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:24 PM
Ong there is another thread like this. ***

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 12:24 PM
This thread was WTS material from the very beginning, but thanks for making the decision a no-brainer, guys.

Let's be honest, the Sox aren't going to acquire more than one starter, if they get any, with the way the pitching has been, especially considering there are other holes on this team that need to be addressed.You can also combine it with all the other lame trade scheme threads polluting this board.

sircaffey1
06-28-2005, 12:27 PM
Ok what about Borchard Munoz and Tracey for schmidt or Zito. I think Munoz will never get a chance and Borchard is out of options after this year and Tracey is valued but for zito or schmidtt that would be great. we coud also give up timo Perez too.

Are you stupid or something? If you don't know why I ask that, then you really are stupid...

Jjav829
06-28-2005, 12:28 PM

LOL. Borchard, Munoz and Tracy for Schmidt. That's funny, but you really should put it in teal.

Jjav829
06-28-2005, 12:30 PM
Put me on the Roy Halladay and Johan Santana bandwagon.

Seriously, people, can we try to remain within the realm of remote possibilities?

Best post in this thread. Let's drop all the Oswalt talk. He won't be traded. Schmidt, Burnett, Lilly, Zito, Jennings are the real possibilities here.

dcb33
06-28-2005, 12:31 PM
All of this trade talk for a starting pitcher is getting to be over the top. None of these options are going to happen. The Giants are getting Barry Bonds back, and even though they are out of it, I doubt they will risk alienating fans by waving the white flag and trading Schmidt. Besides that, I'm not sure if he's fully healthy. Even if the Giants were willing to trade him to the Sox, it would be a very expensive and risky proposition, the type I don't see JR aprooving.

Zito is the most appealing name on that list, but you know the A's are going to want a king's ransom. I think there are other areas of the team that need improvement (SS, 3B, bullpen) that could make the team equally better without giving up half the farm.

As for guys like Lilly, there are going to be teams out there like Baltimore and Texas who are hanging on by a thread and are desperate for any help they can get. Getting snared up in a bidding war with teams like that over mediocre talent is stupid when the Sox can just as easily make do with the starting pitching they have and concentrate their efforts improving other areas of the team.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
All of this trade talk for a starting pitcher is getting to be over the top. None of these options are going to happen. The Giants are getting Barry Bonds back, and even though they are out of it, I doubt they will risk alienating fans by waving the white flag and trading Schmidt. Besides that, I'm not sure if he's fully healthy. Even if the Giants were willing to trade him to the Sox, it would be a very expensive and risky proposition, the type I don't see JR aprooving.

Zito is the most appealing name on that list, but you know the A's are going to want a king's ransom. I think there are other areas of the team that need improvement (SS, 3B, bullpen) that could make the team equally better without giving up half the farm.

As for guys like Lilly, you know there are going to be teams out there like Baltimore and Texas who are hanging on by a thread and are desperate for any help they can get. Getting snared up in a bidding war with teams like that over mediocre talent is stupid when the Sox can just as easily make do with the starting pitching they have and concentrate their efforts improving other areas of the team.Schmidt has put together two good starts, and people are taking a second look at him. You won't be able to get a ticket for his next start because the stands are going to be packed with scouts. Zito is not the same pitcher he was.

There are a number of teams that are really desperate for starting pitching. The Sox are not in that category. Desperate teams will bid up the price to ridiculous levels. Kenny needs to pursue all options, but I just don't see anyone worthwhile being available at a reasonable price.

balke
06-28-2005, 12:41 PM
Schmidt is very possible, Its one of the few names that doesn't sound ridiculous to me. The Giants haven't gotten anywhere with Bonds and Schmidt yet, why keep trying? Schmidt makes a lot of money, and velocity or not he is still pitching lights out. He's worth the risk, worth the money, worth the prospects.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:42 PM
Are you stupid or something? If you don't know why I ask that, then you really are stupid...

Munoz isent made for our tem Borchard is crap and perez is out of options to take tracy out if you want i think it is a good trade

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:43 PM
Is zito a free agent next year and is Schmidt how much do they make?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:44 PM
What is a good contract site to go to?

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 12:45 PM
Munoz isent made for our tem Borchard is crap and perez is out of options to take tracy out if you want i think it is a good tradeJust for a moment, put yourself in the other team's shoes. Would you trade Schmidt or Zito for that?

SoxSpeed22
06-28-2005, 12:45 PM
I'd prefer a lefty because when Hernandez comes back, it would be good to have another lefty in the bullpen. Depth is important.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:46 PM
some people to me about go sox go who is that they said he li9ves in ridgecrest to wow I dident think we had any sox fans in Cali especaily here?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:47 PM
ya because at the same time Munoz looks like a nice young lefty Tracey looks good Borchards a chance for Homeruns and Timo perez is a good one to have. just not us.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 12:54 PM
Zito makes 5.6 Schmidt makes 8.2 and hes a free agent. I think I take Zito and he is a lefty but billy bean and Ken Williams don't get along so i don't know and San Fran Still has a chance in the horrible west so they may not trade him

samram
06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Just for a moment, put yourself in the other team's shoes. Would you trade Schmidt or Zito for that?

Who cares about the other team? Let's just think about what the Sox can get. I'm sure the other team will just accept any trade the Sox propose.

Oh, you're also right about these "rumors" actually being "crap we wrote on a napkin while drunk in a bar in Cincinatti." Or it's stuff they saw on sites just like WSI. I'm not saying none of these guys will be traded, but the potential partners are based solely on speculation, IMO.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 01:03 PM
Well Do you guys really realistically think we will get any of these guys?

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 01:04 PM
Well Do you guys really realistically think we will get any of these guys?No.

Jjav829
06-28-2005, 01:05 PM

I think you might be right on Schmidt. I think Sabean is going to keep this old group together for another year, mainly because of Bonds. Bonds has had the single biggest impact of any hitter in recent years, and it's not even close. I think that Sabean will think that if they can get Bonds back, they'll have one more year to make a run. I'm wondering if he also feels like he owes it to Barry to keep the team intact while Barry is around. I suppose there is a small argument to going this route and I'll briefly summarize. I'm not saying I agree with this, but I think Sabean might be thinking like this.

The Giants have obviously been hurt by injuries. I'm not sure how their payroll situation looks, so this could change based on what they have to do salary wise. But, let's say they all get healthy next year. Benitez solidifies their bullpen. Tyler Walker looks like he could become a good setup man. Hawkins will get a fresh start next year, fully removed from the Cubs. If he comes back to his pre-Cubs-closer form, Hawkins, Walker and Benitez could be a good back end of the pen. A healthy Schmidt can lead their rotation. Lowry has been bad this year, but he should come back closer to where he was last year and at least be a formidable starter. Add in their outstanding pitching prospect Matt Cain, a decent veteran like Tomko/Rueter and maybe they add one more middle-of-the-rotation starter to give them a decent starting rotation.

Bonds obviously is the big key here. We saw what he did for them last year with mediocre talent around him. If Bonds can come back next year healthy and effective (not suffering from a steroid letdown), their offense could be good. Alou, Vizquel, Feliz, and Matheny should still be around. They'll probably let Snow go and get a little younger and better offensively with Lance Niekro at 1B. Maybe they go with Jason Ellison in center to get more speed and youth in the lineup. Durham and/or Alfonzo might be gone as well. Add in a decent 2B and their offense doesn't look too bad. Of course, this is all dependent on Bonds returning. If Sabean thinks Bonds will be back, I can see him keeping these veterans around and making a tweak or two to try to make another run next year.

If they clear the salaries of Grissom, Snow, Rueter and/or Tomko, and maybe find a team to take either Alfonzo or Durham, they can free up enough money to make a run at a top pitcher this offseason. Add in an A.J. Burnett or a Kevin Millwood and maybe they can make a run next year. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this, but I can see Sabean looking at it this way.

samram
06-28-2005, 01:06 PM
ya because at the same time Munoz looks like a nice young lefty Tracey looks good Borchards a chance for Homeruns and Timo perez is a good one to have. just not us.

No one, I repeat, no one, wants Timo Perez. The Sox couldn't give him away unless Steve Phillips gets a job here in the next few weeks.

samram
06-28-2005, 01:07 PM

Nope.

Jjav829
06-28-2005, 01:10 PM

See, this is the type of thing thats gives rumored trade discussion on message boards a bad name. It's this type of thing where a person says we should give up absolute crap for one of the best players in the game at his position.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 01:14 PM
I think you might be right on Schmidt. I think Sabean is going to keep this old group together for another year, mainly because of Bonds. Bonds has had the single biggest impact of any hitter in recent years, and it's not even close. I think that Sabean will think that if they can get Bonds back, they'll have one more year to make a run. I'm wondering if he also feels like he owes it to Barry to keep the team intact while Barry is around. I suppose there is a small argument to going this route and I'll briefly summarize. I'm not saying I agree with this, but I think Sabean might be thinking like this.

The Giants have obviously been hurt by injuries. I'm not sure how their payroll situation looks, so this could change based on what they have to do salary wise. But, let's say they all get healthy next year. Benitez solidifies their bullpen. Tyler Walker looks like he could become a good setup man. Hawkins will get a fresh start next year, fully removed from the Cubs. If he comes back to his pre-Cubs-closer form, Hawkins, Walker and Benitez could be a good back end of the pen. A healthy Schmidt can lead their rotation. Lowry has been bad this year, but he should come back closer to where he was last year and at least be a formidable starter. Add in their outstanding pitching prospect Matt Cain, a decent veteran like Tomko/Rueter and maybe they add one more middle-of-the-rotation starter to give them a decent starting rotation.

Bonds obviously is the big key here. We saw what he did for them last year with mediocre talent around him. If Bonds can come back next year healthy and effective (not suffering from a steroid letdown), their offense could be good. Alou, Vizquel, Feliz, and Matheny should still be around. They'll probably let Snow go and get a little younger and better offensively with Lance Niekro at 1B. Maybe they go with Jason Ellison in center to get more speed and youth in the lineup. Durham and/or Alfonzo might be gone as well. Add in a decent 2B and their offense doesn't look too bad. Of course, this is all dependent on Bonds returning. If Sabean thinks Bonds will be back, I can see him keeping these veterans around and making a tweak or two to try to make another run next year.

If they clear the salaries of Grissom, Snow, Rueter and/or Tomko, and maybe find a team to take either Alfonzo or Durham, they can free up enough money to make a run at a top pitcher this offseason. Add in an A.J. Burnett or a Kevin Millwood and maybe they can make a run next year. I'm not saying I necessarily agree with this, but I can see Sabean looking at it this way.All very good points. The wild card is Schmidt. He's obviously not the Jason Schmidt of old. Is it a one-year phenomenon or is this all there is left? He's 32, so his best years may be behind him. Do the Giants gamble on Schmidt returning to form next year or do they get something for him while they still can and use the money to make a run at a FA pitcher?

Madvora
06-28-2005, 01:24 PM
I don't know, it doesn't see too nuts to me. The Sox are in the running and seem to have a better chance at winning it all than the years past. You have to think that KW and JR realize this as well. Those players should be out there, it just takes a team to put the best offer together, why not the Sox?
With the way this season is going I could see something huge like landing Zito popping up on the radio and me going absolutely bananas.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 01:32 PM
I guess time will tell now won't it? I hope we get zito he is not payed as much and he is a lefty but we will see if we get anyone.

ATXBMX
06-28-2005, 01:53 PM
If we plan on doing anything in the post-season, we need guys that can perform.

Post-Season Stats

Zito- 32.2 IP 3-2 2.76 ERA
Schmidt- 32.1 IP 3-1 3.06 ERA
Lilly- 13 IP 0-1 4.15 ERA Only 1 GS
Jennings- no experience
Oswalt- 19.1 IP 1-0 4.19 ERA
Burnett- no experience

El Duque- 102 IP 9-3 2.65 ERA
Buehrle- 0.1 IP 0-0 0.00 ERA
Garland- no experience
Garcia- 34 IP 3-2 3.71 ERA
Contreras- 11 IP 0-2 5.68 ERA

On a side note, I don't know what the big deal is about Burnett. The Marlins want way too much for an injury prone, free-agent to be, pitcher that has never won more than 12 games a season.

Flight #24
06-28-2005, 01:57 PM
All very good points. The wild card is Schmidt. He's obviously not the Jason Schmidt of old. Is it a one-year phenomenon or is this all there is left? He's 32, so his best years may be behind him. Do the Giants gamble on Schmidt returning to form next year or do they get something for him while they still can and use the money to make a run at a FA pitcher?

The other wildcard is $$$$. Schmidt's salary goes up to 10.75 if they exercise the team option. Bonds will be at 20mil, and Durham has a player option at 6-7mil. Alou also has a player option, and I'd guess it's somewhere in the neighborhood of his 2005 salary of 7mil. And Alfonzo will be at 7mil. So you're already talking approx 53mil from those players. Their total salary is at 89mil, and I'm guessing that attendance is down for them relative to last year without Bonds.

I'm not certain that they can afford to make any major moves unless they can move some salary.

That actually makes me wonder whether something like BMac+Crede for Schmidt+Alfonzo would be palatable for them. They get some serious salary savings to go after a pitcher or 2, and they get some solid young talent. Don't know whether the Sox would do that, but that's the only way IMO a deal like this gets done.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 02:07 PM
Sox need another starter is all i can say we need consistancy and someone who will not be a freeagent next year Zito Lilly and Jennings all contestants.

ATXBMX
06-28-2005, 02:11 PM
Sox need another starter is all i can say we need consistancy and someone who will not be a freeagent next year Zito Lilly and Jennings all contestants.

Lilly and Jennings are NOT consistent.

Hangar18
06-28-2005, 02:12 PM
Instead of rumor mill they should rename it "BS we just dreamed up in a bar". None of this stuff is worth a crap.

HEHH HEHEH HHEHEH

doublem23
06-28-2005, 02:43 PM
Lilly and Jennings are NOT consistent.

Nor is Barry Zito.

Mr. White Sox
06-28-2005, 03:12 PM
Just for a moment, put yourself in the other team's shoes. Would you trade Schmidt or Zito for that?

If I were trading with Hendry...yeah, I would, but I don't know why :smile:

There is no way we are getting zito or schmidt unless a top prospect or two goes. That means someone like anderson, sweeney, gio, liotta, etc., especially when trading with guys like Sabean and Beane. Just don't get your hopes up, and expect nothing. That way, when something does or doesn't happen, you can be pleasantly surprised.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-28-2005, 03:21 PM
Hendry is whos GM

wsbaseball9
06-28-2005, 04:04 PM
i like zito a lot even there is the thing about :smokin:
but i highly doubt that billy beane would give him up and ive said that before

DVsoxfan
06-28-2005, 04:08 PM
Hendry is whos GM
Cubs

Chisox003
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
Hendry is whos GM

Soxrock! Profile:

Most Cherished Sox Memory:
winning the pennent in 2000!

:thud:

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 04:16 PM
Soxrock! Profile:

Most Cherished Sox Memory:
winning the pennent in 2000!

:thud:And he's apparently a 15 year old insurance agent.:?:

Iwritecode
06-28-2005, 04:23 PM
And he's apparently a 15 year old insurance agent.:?:

Am I the only one that has to read his posts twice to decipher them?

Especially this gem:
some people to me about go sox go who is that they said he li9ves in ridgecrest to wow I dident think we had any sox fans in Cali especaily here?

dcb33
06-28-2005, 04:26 PM
And he's apparently a 15 year old insurance agent.:?:

Is that all the older you need to be to sell insurance these days?

Especially this gem:

LOL! That post is mekon-esque!

scottjanssens
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

He's channeling James Joyce.

Ol' No. 2
06-28-2005, 04:36 PM

Especially this gem:That's twice more than I do. If someone can't be bothered to write understandably, I can't be bothered to read it.

gr8mexico
06-28-2005, 07:28 PM
I would love to have a pitcher with playoff experience like Jason Schmidt,A.J Burnett or Roy Oswalt.Especially if we can keep the pitcher here for a couple of years.The Sox should go for it they would be a playoff team foe years to come.Rotation would look like this Mark,Freddy,(NEW PITCHER), Garland,Contreras.That would be the best rotation in the Majors.

Tragg
06-29-2005, 12:18 AM
Zito 3-8 4.41
Schmidt 5-3 4.83
Jennings 4-8 5.64
Lilly 5-8 6.24
So there isent anyone with a goof era but.... keep in mind they are on horrible teams except lilly.

None of these guys would help signficantly help us win a WS, with the possible exception of Schmidt and that's doubtful. Fourth and fifth starters don't do much starting in the playoffs.

Banix12
06-29-2005, 12:52 AM
OK my mind is officially pudding after reading this thread. So much speculation... so many odd suggestions... can't believe trading deadline is a month away.

I might just take the month of July off from WSI before I see a trade rumor so stupid it causes an aneurism. I had to immediately look away from the screen after I read the "Joe Borchard to Oakland" suggestion because I think I felt one coming on.

eastchicagosoxfan
06-29-2005, 07:45 AM
Everyone who participated in the pole please explain ur answers I want to hear what you guys think.
I voted for Zito because I don't follow the National League ( Schmidt ) and don't know who this Lily fellow is. I thought Kip Wells is available? How's he doing?
I don't want to give up Anderson or McCarthy, or Carl Everett. I think any trade will involve prospects. With the success the rotation is enjoying, the Sox don't need an ace, they need an innings guy. And that assumes that El Duque remains injured and McCarthy fails to cut it.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 07:51 AM
OK my mind is officially pudding after reading this thread. So much speculation... so many odd suggestions... can't believe trading deadline is a month away.

I might just take the month of July off from WSI before I see a trade rumor so stupid it causes an aneurism. I had to immediately look away from the screen after I read the "Joe Borchard to Oakland" suggestion because I think I felt one coming on.
I'm with you. I want to eat wet toilet paper or something after reading this crap.

Ditka v. God
06-29-2005, 08:11 AM
I voted for Zito b/c he's a lefty which would fit in nicely with our four righties after Buehrle. Also, I think that Zito could become dominant again with a change of scenery and pitching coach. Coop has done one hell of a job with getting veteran starters back on track (i.e. Loazia) and the rotation of Buehrle-Garcia-Zito-Garland-Duque would be unbelievable.

As for what I'd give up for Zito, I'd give up BMac, Sweeney and another B-list prospect for him. BMac seems like the second coming of Jon Rauch to me for some reason and Sweeney is still an unproven commodity. Anyway the real pitching prospect for us in the minors is Gio Gonzalez (imgaine a left-handed Pedro).

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 11:18 AM
Well Honestly I don't care We have a better chance at schmidt because Bean is not really friends persay with Kenny.lol But I we get zito both schmidt and zito won. Did you guys here Twins might get randa.

Jjav829
06-29-2005, 12:19 PM
Well Honestly I don't care We have a better chance at schmidt because Bean is not really friends persay with Kenny.lol But I we get zito both schmidt and zito won. Did you guys here Twins might get randa.

If you're not going to bother posting in English, why post at all? I would recommend spellcheck, but spellcheck doesn't take random words and make them into an actual sentence.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 12:37 PM
If you're not going to bother posting in English, why post at all? I would recommend spellcheck, but spellcheck doesn't take random words and make them into an actual sentence.
If u don't like it don't read it I write how i write sorry if u don't like it.

samram
06-29-2005, 12:53 PM
If u don't like it don't read it I write how i write sorry if u don't like it.

What 'don't read it'? We can't read it- that's the problem.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 12:54 PM
stop whining about it then.

The Racehorse
06-29-2005, 01:10 PM
I want Oswalt.

Jjav829
06-29-2005, 01:25 PM
stop whining about it then.

Maybe you should make an effort to try to type legible posts rather than telling us not to read your posts. How do you expect us to decipher a gem such as:
But I we get zito both schmidt and zito won.
There isn't a person on this board who understood those random words which I think you were trying to make into a sentence. With a little effort that could be a legible sentence which others could read and respond to.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 01:59 PM
Its a slow comp and sometimes it skips, so it doesent always get my full sentence with out it skipping.

Anyway Why is McCarthy starting tonight? I thought it was freddy's turn.

They said that the sox may get another reliever, I was thinking Lidge or mesa. What about you guys?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 02:17 PM
i think we need a starter b/c We can alternate Contreras and El Duque in and out of the bullpen and rotation, There by forcing them to pitch better because of the pressure of being put into the bullpen. This would also take care of the relief pitching because you will have one of the starters go to relief which they will pitch better because they will be trying to work back into the rotation.

I think this would be the best thing the could do, this could be the rotation in the playoffs....

Buehrle
Garcia
Zito/Schmidt/Lilly/Jennings/Someone else
Garland

El duque
Contreras
Pollite
Cotts
Takatsu
Marte
Hermanson

Wow what a great Staff that would be we could have an untouchable Staff and score 4 runs a game and win by 2 or 3 everytime.

Ol' No. 2
06-29-2005, 02:18 PM
Maybe you should make an effort to try to type legible posts rather than telling us not to read your posts. How do you expect us to decipher a gem such as:

There isn't a person on this board who understood those random words which I think you were trying to make into a sentence. With a little effort that could be a legible sentence which others could read and respond to.His posts sound like they came from one of those computer language translators. Can "screw mosquito" be far behind?

ATXBMX
06-29-2005, 02:52 PM
i think we need a starter b/c We can alternate Contreras and El Duque in and out of the bullpen and rotation, There by forcing them to pitch better because of the pressure of being put into the bullpen. This would also take care of the relief pitching because you will have one of the starters go to relief which they will pitch better because they will be trying to work back into the rotation.

I think this would be the best thing the could do, this could be the rotation in the playoffs....

Buehrle
Garcia
Zito/Schmidt/Lilly/Jennings/Someone else
Garland

El duque
Contreras
Pollite
Cotts
Takatsu
Marte
Hermanson

Wow what a great Staff that would be we could have an untouchable Staff and score 4 runs a game and win by 2 or 3 everytime.

Except that we'd lose by 4 or 5 runs everytime Lilly or Jennings started.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 02:54 PM
Ok, If we pick up one of them they will be in the Bullpen and El Duque will be in the rotation. But think about it..... It gives me chills thinking about it.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 02:57 PM
:threadrules: At least I think so.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:01 PM
K.c Beat Minnesota 3-1 yeah!!!!!

9.5 game lead!!!

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I have cbs insider and they said we are close to finalizing a deal viz, Mccarthy,Anderson for Zito and Ducherer or what ever his name is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

sthbndsox
06-29-2005, 03:15 PM
really, how reliable is cbs.sportsline?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:16 PM
They said we would sign El duque and we did. so 100% so far

sthbndsox
06-29-2005, 03:17 PM
when was that posted on the site? cuz i just might lose it if thats true. and where do you see that on the site?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:20 PM
Like 15 minutes ago. its 99% from happening. The A's want us to give them money too.

sthbndsox
06-29-2005, 03:21 PM
where is it on the site?

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:22 PM
its an insider you have to pay for it.

ilsox7
06-29-2005, 03:23 PM
Like 15 minutes ago. its 99% from happening. The A's want us to give them money too.

99% from happening? You mean it's a 99% chance of happening, which, of course, you or nobody in the media would know.

Granted, it may happen. But it's a rumor. Rumors are not 99%.

sthbndsox
06-29-2005, 03:24 PM
what would possess oakland to give up Duchscherer, especially for what we're offering. this guy's pitching like an absolute stud.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:25 PM
thats just what they said Watch espn for it ok? They may announce it in like 15 minutes to an hour.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:29 PM
lmao J/K THERE IS NO SUCH THING LOL U GUYS WERE SO FUNNY THOUGH THANX FOR THE LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redneck

sthbndsox
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
wow funny guy....

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:30 PM
sEE YA GUYS!111111

cleanwsox
06-29-2005, 03:31 PM
lmao J/K THERE IS NO SUCH THING LOL U GUYS WERE SO FUNNY THOUGH THANX FOR THE LAUGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:redneck

How old are you?? 10 or so?

ChiWhiteSox1337
Comedy genius.

ilsox7
sEE YA GUYS!111111

See ya litte boy.

Soxrockhead2BANNEDagain
06-29-2005, 03:32 PM
bYE OLD MAN.

samram
06-29-2005, 03:37 PM

Congratulations! You will soon win your own thread in the Roadhouse and possibly be banned! Way to go!

Uncle_Patrick
06-29-2005, 03:47 PM

Wow, you are hilarious. And clever, too.

Baby Fisk
06-29-2005, 04:09 PM
:hawk
"HE GAWN!"

mccoydp
06-29-2005, 04:21 PM
You forgot:

"Gettin' FEISTY! GAAAAASSSS!"

Goose
06-29-2005, 05:04 PM

Then again, I don't know how you can put the possible starter for the All Star game to long relief...so this is obvious crazy speculation at this point.

That is a problem I welcome with open arms!

Goose
06-29-2005, 05:15 PM

Zito makes 5.6 Schmidt makes 8.2 and hes a free agent. I think I take Zito and he is a lefty but billy bean and Ken Williams don't get along so i don't know and San Fran Still has a chance in the horrible west so they may not trade him

Hey Soxrock -
Try some of these keys on the board: . , : ; '
Those are used for punctuation and proper sentence structure.

My head hurts just reading your posts!

whitesoxfan
06-29-2005, 05:25 PM

Grab some Bench "soxrock"

Optipessimism
06-29-2005, 10:40 PM

Grab some Bench "soxrock"

LOL