PDA

View Full Version : Your Regular Game Uniform

NealCotts4Life
06-28-2005, 09:11 AM
What do you usually wear when going to make the trip to the Cell?

I usually wear my green Sox hat with the shamrock on the bill and a 1919 Sox jersey. Pants/shorts vary.

EastCoastSoxFan
06-28-2005, 09:16 AM
Not exactly sure why this thread ended up in the Roadhouse, but at Sox games, whether home or (mostly) away, I'm always in my authentic home jersey and Mrs. ECSF usually wears a 1917 cap...

Cubbiesuck13
06-28-2005, 09:21 AM
I wonder if any threads have been moved from the roadhouse.

voodoochile
06-28-2005, 09:28 AM
When going to a game at Soxpark, I wear a WSI t-shirt and my Thomas jersey unbuttoned. Depending on how warm it is, I may or may not wear a cap, but when I do, classic black fitted wool is the one I have been sporting for a few years.

Sad
06-28-2005, 09:42 AM
authentic road grey jersey w/ black shorts

Baby Fisk
06-28-2005, 09:43 AM
The one constant is a Sox hat from my collection. Always in rotation -- can never wear the same hat twice in a row.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2932

Jurr
06-28-2005, 09:50 AM
One of my authentics (black Buehrle, black Uribe, gray Konerko, white Thomas) and one of my 12 Sox hats. Right now I love the flexfit Nike hat with the diamond patch logo on the front.

daveeym
06-28-2005, 10:19 AM
The one constant is a Sox hat from my collection. Always in rotation -- can never wear the same hat twice in a row.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2932 Almost bought one of those Green ones last week at the game. Pretty sharp. I'm generally in slacks and a polo as i usually hit weekday games right after work.

NealCotts4Life
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Sorry I thought I was in What's the Score. Well I feel stupid. But yea that's the green hat I'm talking about. I wear it everyday and it's so faded and has sweat stains. I still plan to wear it for about 4 more years.

Pasqua's Posers
06-28-2005, 10:29 AM
Home white jersey with South Side on the back and gray cargo pants...sometimes sporting the black and white bandana

Hangar18
06-28-2005, 10:33 AM
I wonder if any threads have been moved from the roadhouse.

has anyone ever STARTED a thread in the roadhouse, only to have it moved
somewhere else? "I smell Sox Clubhouse!"

EastCoastSoxFan
06-28-2005, 10:36 AM
Let's just hope no one in this thread mentions the a********* word...

doublem23
06-28-2005, 10:36 AM

By accident, yes.

Anyways, I generally wear my home pinstripes Mike Sirotka jersey and a fitted, regular black hat that has become so worn down and faded that, it's basically gray.

The Dude
06-28-2005, 10:38 AM

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2932

very nice collection! Question...where did you get the blue SOX hat(row 2, hat 2) and the light blue and red (row 1 hat 6)? (i feel like I'm listing seat numbers for a game!:D:) And one more question, are those 2 fitted or adjustable?

The Dude
06-28-2005, 10:40 AM

I usually wear my green Sox hat with the shamrock on the bill and a 1919 Sox jersey. Pants/shorts vary.

I used to always wear my black Magglio jersey ( that I am in the process of having altered to a Raines from grandstand.)

Home games I currently wear my white Konerko jersey with blue jeans or tan shorts with various hats.

Away games, I wear my road grey jersey with no name on back, although I'd like to have it customized.

Steakpita
06-28-2005, 10:46 AM
I've been debating whose jersey to buy to finish off the Lucky Outfit... I recently wore an Indiana Jones-type hat and BluBlockers to the Friday stomping of the cubs, which clearly makes those lucky items and a requirement from here on out (it's just that superstitious kind of season:bandance: )... now if I could just pick a jersey I'd be good. Where's a good store to find throwbacks/a wide selection of authentic Sox stuff? Those Go-Go Sox '59's looked pretty sharp.

Baby Fisk
06-28-2005, 10:47 AM
very nice collection! Question...where did you get the blue SOX hat(row 2, hat 2) and the light blue and red (row 1 hat 6)? (i feel like I'm listing seat numbers for a game!:D:) And one more question, are those 2 fitted or adjustable?

Row 2 hat 2 (fave hat :thumbsup: ) came from here. (http://www.dugout-memories.com/chisox.html)
Row 1 hat 6 came from eBay.
Both are fitted.

C-Dawg
06-28-2005, 10:49 AM
Now that its hot out I usually wear a sleeveless Sox shirt, or my 2003 Spring Training shirt I got in Arizona. And a really nice, comfortable BP Sox hat which is starting to turn a little brown or purple from all the sun fading it.

Over the winter I got a 1983 home jersey but its too hot to wear all that polyester right now. I'll bring it back once September comes; its so cool since its not one of the players people usually get on those jerseys.

soltrain21
06-28-2005, 11:00 AM
Jeans, a Southside Hitmen shirt, and my Vans.

mjharrison72
06-28-2005, 11:12 AM
I used to always wear my black Magglio jersey ( that I am in the process of having altered to a Raines from grandstand.)

Great idea!

I am paranoid of wearing my jersey (black, nameless on back) to a game because of an incident that occurred in the mid-'90s. I took my favorite Sox jacket to a game and ended up not wearing it, so I put it under the seat (I know... bad idea). On the way out of the park, I look and there is mustard all over the thing, and it never came out. I'm afraid of ANYTHING getting on my jersey, so I usually just wear one of my Sox hats.

The Dude
06-28-2005, 11:26 AM
As i said earlier in the thread, I am in the process of getting to grandstand and having my jersey name altered....anyone know what they charge to do this? I checked online and they dont have a price.

batmanZoSo
06-28-2005, 11:43 AM
I just wear what I would any other day. I feel wearing a bunch of Sox apparel to Sox park is kind of redundant. But hey, I'm an idiot...

I'm still looking for a banana suit to fit my long frame...

sdccpa
06-28-2005, 11:55 AM
I have the vest jersey (no number on the back) and my normal black Sox cap.

chisoxfan64
06-28-2005, 11:57 AM
I have quite a few Sox shirts. Jerseys, Polos, T-shirts so I like to rotate them throughout the season. Sometimes hat either 59 fitted or 72 fitted.

pythons007
06-28-2005, 12:22 PM
Currently I had an 83 replica jersey with Buehrle on the back, and I'm waiting for my black Raines jersey from grandstand. I'll wear that one proudly!:cool:

skottyj242
06-28-2005, 12:36 PM
Since I just got my sleeveless jersey with Pods on the back I'm sure I'll be sporting that one for most of the remainder of the season but you never know when I'll throw the road grey Koch one on. I also came across an authentic home pinstripe C. Lee jersey a couple weeks ago for under fifty bucks.

Has anyone ever changed a jersey? I know someone in this thread was talking about it earlier, how will it turn out? I think I'm going to keep the Lee and change the numbers for my guy Man Soo, any ideas how it will turn out?

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 12:36 PM
WSI T-shirt and one of my various SOX hats is the std uniform at all games. Look for it this weekend in Oakland.

bafiarocks03
06-28-2005, 12:37 PM
Konerko Jersey, plain sox jersey, WILLIE HARRIS jersey, or my new Podsednik one!! sox visor, tattoos,!

C-Dawg
06-28-2005, 01:39 PM
Currently I had an 83 replica jersey with Buehrle on the back,

I think I've seen you, like a couple weeks ago at one of the Dodgers games.

:cool:

mike squires
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
I try and mix it up a bit. Sometimes I wear my mid 80's WhiteSox logo with blue sleeves. Other times I wear my Thomas black jersey and now it will be my Nike Fisk Cooperstown collection jersey that I got after months of salavating over.

fado
06-28-2005, 03:10 PM
I've been rotating between my pinstripe spods or my '68 Aparicio jersey.

DaleJRFan
06-28-2005, 03:14 PM
I only have one Sox jersey and one Sox hat, so they have to do when I go to games :D:

jake27
06-28-2005, 04:11 PM
my jamie burke 27 pinstripe jersey with the black sleeves and some jean shorts. i just bought a big frank #79 auburn jersey today amd the #23 ventura ok state jersey so ill be wearing those for a while

scottjanssens
06-28-2005, 04:15 PM
Either my authentic Buehrle jersey or one of the following jersey T-shirts: Podsednik, Konerko, Thomas, Politte, all depending on who's starting and what's actually clean at the moment. Oh and a Sox cap that's getting a little nasty inside. Time to replace with a fitted cap.

PBRWarrior
06-28-2005, 04:17 PM
I usually wear my 83 Fisk Gray Mitchell and Ness. I also have an all black Big Frank that gets some use. As far as hats go, I really love the batting practice hat with the silver bill. I wear that thing everywhere.

Max Power
06-28-2005, 09:52 PM
I usually wear my 83 Fisk Grey Mitchell and Ness.

That's the jersey I wear too. With a late 80's hat.

whitesoxwilkes
06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Depends on the weather. I've got 4 jerseys, a short sleeved BP pullover and 5 or 6 tshirts. I'll usually wear a visor if it's hot or one of my fitted caps if not.

I also have a Uribe game-worn road jacket that's sure to keep me warm all the way through October.

soxjim
06-28-2005, 09:57 PM
Wore my WSI shirt, shorts and SOX fitted hat to game in Detroit tonight.

Parrothead
06-28-2005, 10:05 PM
Sunday Black Bill Simas 1999 game worn jersey. On rare occasions...road grey robert machado or sleveless Myette.

Foulke You
06-28-2005, 10:12 PM
Authentic Freddy Garcia black alternate jersey (Formerly my Foulke jersey but had it renumbered at Grandstand) and Regular black fitted Sox cap

ThatGuyOnTheL
06-28-2005, 10:59 PM
BTW, I've been looking for a road gray jersey (replica or authentic) - hopefully at a bit of a discount, as I am on one of those wonderful entry-level-job-just-out-of-college budgets. Do I gather correctly from previous threads that the 2 best options are:

(1) Hope to get lucky on eBay (surprisingly few road jerseys for sale)
(2) Order from Triple Threat Sports

?

kevingrt
06-28-2005, 11:48 PM
Black, 7 1/4 White Sox hat that stays in a cup on off days for the curvature in the bill. Then I have a Frank Thomas black jersey or the t-shirt Aaron Rowand jersey with cargo shorts. In the cold I mite put on a black long sleeve under shirt and a white White Sox Pride shirt over it.

ChiSoxGirl
06-28-2005, 11:57 PM
When it's not stifling hot, I'll either wear my white pinstripe Konerko jersey, which he autographed for me at SoxFest this year, or my '03 All-Star jersey with a black shirt/tank top underneath, with jeans or jean shorts (if it's warm enough).

When it's hot, it's usually the white tank top with the Sox logo in the middle, or the sleeveless shirt with Chicago White Sox written in block, glittery letters from Grandstand. If I'm going to be in the sun for the whole game when it's hot, I may also be rockin' my new, fitted Sox hat.

Sox of White
06-29-2005, 12:26 AM
I rotate two different hats, alternating overy other game. I wear my WSI Perfect Day T-Shirt. And if it is chilly my blue flannel on top.

joe_tansey2004
06-29-2005, 12:45 AM

I wear my green Sox hat as well with my green White Sox jersey that I bought from grandstands. Can you tell that im Irish??? I can't wait for Halfway to St. Paddy's day in September.

Jurr
06-29-2005, 08:11 AM
BTW, I've been looking for a road gray jersey (replica or authentic) - hopefully at a bit of a discount, as I am on one of those wonderful entry-level-job-just-out-of-college budgets. Do I gather correctly from previous threads that the 2 best options are:

?
If you go to Chicago area malls, you can go to the Finish line or Champs and score one of these jerseys. They're usually 70-80 bucks. With the road gray jerseys, they have the correct number on the back, but the name is just black lettering (no outline)....no number on the front, either.
However, these are great jerseys for their cost.

scottjanssens
06-29-2005, 09:50 AM

?

I got my jersey throught the MLB.com shop for $200. It was just easier. If you order from Triple Threat they have to have it in stock (or special order it), they can't just make one up for a current player due to a licensing issue (at least according to their website). By the time you add the fee to put a number and name on the jersey, tax, and what not you're getting close to $200 anyway. Of course if you live near Mokena (I once lived in Mokena) it's probably easiest to stop in. They close early though.

Church Turtle
06-29-2005, 09:56 AM
The key word is rotation. I've worn a variety of T-shirts and always a SOX hat, but rotated my Pale Hose(like row one, hat one in Baby Fisk's collection (except tan with a black bill)), the old curly "C" (row two, hat five) and the new fitted game-style (center front).

rookieroy
06-29-2005, 01:33 PM
For night games, I go with my 1995 game used road Joe Hall jersey. We're both SIU alumni. For day games, I go with my 2000 game used home sleeveless Bill Simas jersey. Hats, I go cheap because sweat and wool don't go well together with me. :D:

Mr. White Sox
06-29-2005, 04:33 PM
i'll usually wear my normal Sox cap and a nike Sox shirt. If I'm feeling lucky and don't think it'll get stained, I will sometimes wear my 1980 Mitchell and Ness Fisk jersey (yeah! the goofy one with the collars!), which I got for very cheap.