PDA

View Full Version : BMac starts Wednesday vs. Tigers

CallMeNuts
06-27-2005, 11:23 PM
http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/cs-050626soxside,1,786730.story?coll=cs-whitesox-headlines

Garcia could have gone on Wednesday on normal rest, but he is moving back an extra day to get BMac back into the mix, even though we wouldn't have needed the 5th spot until Sunday. With el Duque potentially out until after the All-Star Game, it looks like KW wants to make sure BMac gets a couple more starts. If he doesn't come through, I imagine KW's shopping will get more serious. I also think that Ozzie is lining up his rotation so that MB and JG can each go an inning in the ASG with as little disruption to our rotation as possible.

While BMac has been scary, it's best we pass final judgment in the next couple weeks so we can move on.

havelj
06-27-2005, 11:47 PM
I like it - Brandon is a control pitcher and tends to allow many fly balls. Being in spacious Comerica Park in Detroit was planned, I would guess.

BRDSR
06-28-2005, 01:54 AM
I like it - Brandon is a control pitcher and tends to allow many fly balls. Being in spacious Comerica Park in Detroit was planned, I would guess.

What he said.

soxfanreggie
06-28-2005, 02:34 AM
Good point Havelj. Once he improves, we won't have to worry about him giving up a lot of solo shots, but playing at Comerica could really help his confidence. I think he'll have a good outing.

MUsoxfan
06-28-2005, 02:49 AM
BMAC has the stuff, he just needs to get over the jitters and the hype that came with him. He's a very servicable starter if he's 1/2 the pitcher that was in camp. I predict his first major league W on Weds

havelj
06-28-2005, 03:06 AM
I predict his first major league W on Weds

If that's so...you know what that means in the clubhouse after the game:

http://www.suntimes.com/century/images/1959-3.jpg

MUsoxfan
06-28-2005, 03:09 AM
If that's so...you know what that means in the clubhouse after the game:

http://www.suntimes.com/century/images/1959-3.jpg

He'll do whatever it is and like it!

Madvora
06-28-2005, 08:56 AM
That might work for his confidence, but we're in a playoff run now and we have to be sure that this guy is able to pitch in any stadium.
Everything would work out great if McCarthy is our guy for the rest of the year. We wouldn't have to spend money or give anybody up. I don't think it's going to work out that way though. McCarthy might not be ready for this season, so I think another starter in needed. That would be a great insurance policy to go behind McCarthy, Hernandez and even Contreras who I don't feel totally confident in.

Irishsox1
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
If McCarthy is going to get back in gear, this is the game. I think he'll be better, but he'll still get roughed up. 5.2 innings, 3 earned runs, 1 walk.

kevingrt
06-28-2005, 09:03 AM
I have faith in McCarthy too, but he is still a prospect. I think he should put down a quality outing versus Detroit because it is Detroit and it is spacious Comerica. But I don't have faith in him being the fifth starter the rest of the season. I also don't want to see him move to the bullpen like Cotts. I'd rather see him finish out the season in Charlotte. But, he is a capable call up fifth starter at the time.

BeviBall!
06-28-2005, 09:06 AM
He's got a tought matchup, though. Jason Johnson is near unbeatable at home. This will be a good measuring stick.

This whole series could be filled with 2-1, 3-2 games.

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
Comerica is not as spacious as it used to be, the fences have been moved in.

BMac is still in the throes of jitters, he can't get his change up over. Without it, he's a one speed pitcher and one speed pitchers get hit. I think this is a good spot to start him and let him relax and just pitch. I think he'll pitch well enough to get the win, but I don't know if he will.

The change-up actually takes more control than other pitches and is normally the last pitch you get thrown for strikes. Look at Shingo right now. (Actually, I'd like to look at Shingo right now.)

harwar
06-28-2005, 10:31 AM
Yea,i'd like to see what this kid can do once he settles down and pitches the way he capable of.
Heres' hoping that El Duque gets plenty of rest and is strong and healthy come august,cause we gonna need him.