PDA

View Full Version : This probably makes me the devil, but... (aka Torii part II)

Pilgrim
06-27-2005, 02:44 PM
I cant bring myself to hate the Twins. Gardenhire is a smart manager who can be fiery when he needs to be...the players aren't a bunch of jerk-offs that I wouldn't let my nephew hang out with...i havent heard them once complain over-the-top about the injuries they have had contributing to the last two/three weeks (something like using 6 different 2nd basemen and 3 different shortstops)
I dont think they are going to quit, but I think Torii is sincere in that catching us is difficult to impossible, I know he is not quitting, but I think he is being honest.

I think we need two teams in the AL Central peaking to push the central further in the playoffs. Maybe this will be the year. I hope to hell the Twins are the wildcard team and they start playing better ball and bring some respect to the Central. Can you think of a better ALCS than one without anyone from the AL NorthEast (umm.. i mean AL East)

fledgedrallycap
06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I think most on this board respect and admire the play of the Twins, but can still find a way to hate their guts.

White Sox Josh
06-27-2005, 02:47 PM
I cant bring myself to hate the Twins. Gardenhire is a smart manager who can be fiery when he needs to be...the players aren't a bunch of jerk-offs that I wouldn't let my nephew hang out with...i havent heard them once complain over-the-top about the injuries they have had contributing to the last two/three weeks (something like using 6 different 2nd basemen and 3 different shortstops)
I dont think they are going to quit, but I think Torii is sincere in that catching us is difficult to impossible, I know he is not quitting, but I think he is being honest.

I think we need two teams in the AL Central peaking to push the central further in the playoffs. Maybe this will be the year. I hope to hell the Twins are the wildcard team and they start playing better ball and bring some respect to the Central. Can you think of a better ALCS than one without anyone from the AL NorthEast (umm.. i mean AL East)if the sox have let's say a 10-12 game lead in late August i will be rooting for the twins so they can win the Wild Card. I would really like to see 2 AL Central teams in the playoffs. It would piss of ESPN so much.

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2005, 02:48 PM
I think most on this board respect and admire the play of the Twins, but can still find a way to hate their guts.

I'll echo that sentiment. It's tough to get your brains beat in
year after year by that bunch and say you admire them for
anything.

ChiSoxRowand
06-27-2005, 02:50 PM
I root against the Twins because they are in our division and we are always competing against them for a division title. But if they played the Cubs or the Yankess in the playoffs I would sure as hell root for them. There was a thread a little while ago on who your most hated team is and most people said the Twins, but I guarantee you if the Twins played the Cubs in the world series everyone would be rooting for Minnesota.

downstairs
06-27-2005, 02:51 PM
Oh, I don't think its "hatred."
I hate the Cubs, everything the team and its fans stand for. Not only are the Cubs our inner-city rivals (for what its worth six games per year), but I think the way they market and operate is terrible for the game in general.

But the Twins... that's just a good, pure division rivalry.

itsnotrequired
06-27-2005, 02:52 PM
I'll echo that sentiment. It's tough to get your brains beat in
year after year by that bunch and say you admire them for
anything.

Same here. If I had moved to Minnesota after college rather than Chicago, you better believe I would be a Twins fan. A team you hate for no other reason than beating you yet still respect them at the end of the day.

TheOldRoman
06-27-2005, 03:01 PM
if the sox have let's say a 10-12 game lead in late August i will be rooting for the twins so they can win the Wild Card. I would really like to see 2 AL Central teams in the playoffs. It would piss of ESPN so much.
Are you kidding? They would hate the Sox being in the playoffs, but they would still fawn over the Twins. Are you forgetting the Twins were the concensus pick of ESPN to win the World Series?

I hate the Twins because of their players. I hate Gardenhire, he is a whiny piece of garbage. Last week he got thrown out for arguing balls and strikes. After the game he called out the umpires publicly and claimed Santana should get the benefit of all calls and because he "earned it". Oh, and I'm pretty sure Ronny didn't get fined for that little outburst. Selig agrees, how dare those umpires call a real strikezone! Hunter is the single most overrated player of all time not named Derek Jeter. He is a cocky prick, he runs his mouth nonstop, and he hits a robust .270. Radke is little more than a mediocre pitcher, yet he is proclaimed nationally as great. "They can win all they want in April" he said after the Sox handed him his ass. Is it still April? There are many more, but I will not go further. There are MANY reasons to hate the Twins.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2005, 03:13 PM
if the sox have let's say a 10-12 game lead in late August i will be rooting for the twins so they can win the Wild Card. I would really like to see 2 AL Central teams in the playoffs. It would piss of ESPN so much.

This statement is borderline HomeFish material.

White Sox Josh
06-27-2005, 03:23 PM
This statement is borderline HomeFish material.sorry, I hate the Twins as much as anyone yet It would be nice for 2 AL Central teams to get into the playoffs.

ondafarm
06-27-2005, 03:29 PM
I root against the Twins because they are in our division and we are always competing against them for a division title. But if they played the Cubs or the Yankess in the playoffs I would sure as hell root for them. There was a thread a little while ago on who your most hated team is and most people said the Twins, but I guarantee you if the Twins played the Cubs in the world series everyone would be rooting for Minnesota.

I'd root for anybody playing the Cubs or the Yankees.

Banix12
06-27-2005, 08:18 PM
I have the utmost respect for the Twins players ability to play the game, Gardenhire's ability to manage (and Tom Kelly before him) and what Terry Ryan has done as the GM with a tight budget. Their scouting dept has to be near the top in the league. I may not like what the players and manager say from time to time and think that certain players are jerks but I completely respect what they can do with a glove, bat and ball.

That said I still want the sox to beat their brains in everytime the teams go toe to toe. As I would with any rival or any team for that matter.