PDA

View Full Version : Sox at Taste

Rocky Soprano
06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
A guy from work said that he saw on some schedule for the Taste that some Sox players would be there today.

Kind of strange since I thought the team would be traveling to Detroit. Anyone know anything about this?

Just saw this schedule he is talking about, and it has the Sox being there at 11:30 today.

The Wall
06-27-2005, 10:57 AM
Some members are scheduled to be there for a promotion.

Linky:
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/cws/community/index.jsp

Text:

White Sox Day at Taste of Chicago Monday, June 27 at Grant Park
Freddy Garcia, Willie Harris and Brandon McCarthy are scheduled to appear along with former White Sox players and team mascot Southpaw as they sign autographs at the annual Taste of Chicago in Grant Park.
Schedule of events:
11:30 a.m.-1 p.m. Freddy Garcia, Willie Harris and Brandon McCarthy
1-2 p.m. Bill Melton, Ron Kittle and Minnie Minoso
2-2:30 p.m. Southpaw

Madvora
06-27-2005, 11:07 AM
2-2:30 p.m. Southpaw

Wait a second! That might not be enough time for Southpaw to catch the plane to Detroit!

SOXPHILE
06-27-2005, 01:22 PM
That's cool ! Last year, we went the Monday before July 4th (June 28), which was also an off day. They had just taken 2 of 3 from the Cubs. Had my picture taken with Bill Melton and Minnie. Joey Cora was there too. Talked to Beltin' Bill for a minute, and he was very nice. When he saw me holding my infant son in his little Sox uniform, he got up from behind the table to take the picture with us, and shake my hand.

whtsx1959
06-27-2005, 01:32 PM
Last year Miguel was scheduled to be there, but he was traded the day before. It was just Loaiza and Southpaw for the current players session.

gr8mexico
06-27-2005, 02:45 PM
I attended the Taste today Freddy,Brandon and Willie was there.I had a Garcia jersey signed and a had Brandon sign a baseball.The line was moving pretty quick.But it was freaking hot out there.

bafiarocks03
06-27-2005, 04:52 PM
i was supposed to go today! my Willie..he was waiting for me! lol! i had no way of getting there! I was sad!! i've been looking forward to it! Yea..I wanted to get another hug from willie! I bet he remembers me! lol! he has to i mean come on! but it's fun i remeber going when D'Angelo, Aaron, Jose, and koch were there! that was awesome!! but i wish i coulda gone did anyone who went take any pictures...*hint* Willie!!:D:

ewokpelts
06-27-2005, 08:00 PM
i was there......WAY TOO HOT! but it was still fun.....

Gene

p.s. one of the girls that works in the HOF gift shop was in line for autos too....odd....i'd assume she'd get an auto or two at the park...

duke of dorwood
06-27-2005, 08:57 PM
The line was real long-compared to last year when you could almost walk up and meet the players. We are a hot commodity-like the weather out there today

chisoxcardsbabe
06-27-2005, 10:30 PM
i was there......WAY TOO HOT! but it was still fun.....

Gene

p.s. one of teh girls that works in teh HOF gift shop was in line for autos too....odd....i'd assume she'd get an auto or two at the park...

Um. You must be talking about me.

Us employees aren't encouraged to ask for autos...so we try to embark on any opportunity we come across.

NealCotts4Life
06-27-2005, 10:48 PM
Wow, the only day I take off working at the taste the sox players are there. You talk about kicking yourself.:angry: :angry: :angry:

ewokpelts
06-28-2005, 09:10 AM
Um. You must be talking about me.

Us employees aren't encouraged to ask for autos...so we try to embark on any opportunity we come across.
If you went to the 5/20 Sox-Flubs game, then Yes. I was talking about you.
I go to way too many games. I start noticing sox/bulls/cell/united center staffers on the streets.....

Gene