PDA

View Full Version : The dissing of Aaron

veeter
06-27-2005, 10:36 AM
As Jermaine Dye cut in front of Aaron Rowand yesterday to catch the flyball that provided the cubz second run, A-Row's body language told the story. "C'mon I'm the captain out here!!!", is what I read. Aaron was a good soldier for a couple of seasons as the often boneheaded Carlos Lee would cut in front of him. But Dye should know better. Despite what he claimed, Aaron HAD gotten around that ball and was in perfect position to throw a bee-bee home. He may not have gotten the runner, but the point is these guys need to get the heck out of Aaron's way and let him run the show out there!

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 10:38 AM
As Jermaine Dye cut in front of Aaron Rowand yesterday to catch the flyball that provided the cubz second run, A-Row's body language told the story. "C'mon I'm the captain out here!!!", is what I read. Aaron was a good soldier for a couple of seasons as the often boneheaded Carlos Lee would cut in front of him. But Dye should know better. Despite what he claimed, Aaron HAD gotten around that ball and was in perfect position to throw a bee-bee home. He may not have gotten the runner, but the point is these guys need to get the heck out of Aaron's way and let him run the show out there!

Unreal. Seriously...this is the type of stuff that should be in the ****house and draw a banning.

Ol' No. 2
06-27-2005, 10:39 AM
As Jermaine Dye cut in front of Aaron Rowand yesterday to catch the flyball that provided the cubz second run, A-Row's body language told the story. "C'mon I'm the captain out here!!!", is what I read. Aaron was a good soldier for a couple of seasons as the often boneheaded Carlos Lee would cut in front of him. But Dye should know better. Despite what he claimed, Aaron HAD gotten around that ball and was in perfect position to throw a bee-bee home. He may not have gotten the runner, but the point is these guys need to get the heck out of Aaron's way and let him run the show out there!Dye has the stronger arm. Find another nit to pick.

Jerko
06-27-2005, 10:42 AM
It is an "unwritten rule" that the center fielder is in charge out there. I'm not singling out that one play, but generally the CF should make the call.

itsnotrequired
Dye has the stronger arm. Find another nit to pick.

Agreed. Rowand may be the captain out there but with the ball hit to right-center and a possible play at the plate, I want Dye throwing that ball.

Baby Fisk
Mr. Fox is correct. Dye has the cannon.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 10:46 AM

Seriously, how much nit picking can be done around here? Obviously, way too much.

veeter
06-27-2005, 10:49 AM
Not the reaction I was expecting, geez. I think it's a valid point but i obviously presented it the wrong way to some.

ondafarm
06-27-2005, 10:52 AM

I'm more worried about the apparant lack of communication on the play than Dye taking the ball. With some notable exceptions, the CF typically has a weaker arm than the RF. Dye has a significantly better arm than Rowand and should have taken that ball. Although the CF is almost always the captain, he should also know when to get out of the way to the better throwing player.

The play should be a lot like the Texas leaguer; the infielder goes out until the outfielder, who is in much better throwing position, calls him off.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 10:52 AM
Not the reaction I was expecting, geez. I think it's a valid point but i obviously presented it the wrong way to some.

It's just that everybody around here is continually nit picking about every little thing. And in this case, I would guess Aaron, as the captain of the outfield, would want Dye to take the play b/c Aaron knows JD has a much stronger arm.

samram
06-27-2005, 10:53 AM

No, you presented it accurately. The problem is Dye has the better arm and had the best chance of throwing out the runner. Aaron should know that and not complain about it (if he did, I didn't see). If a similar play happens in LF, Aaron should take it because he has a stronger arm than Pods.

veeter
06-27-2005, 10:57 AM
It's just that everybody around here is continually nit picking about every little thing. And in this case, I would guess Aaron, as the captain of the outfield, would want Dye to take the play b/c Aaron knows JD has a much stronger arm. He was clearly frusterated after the catch, though. I'm really not into nitpicking but sometimes I get paranoid. It's like I don't want anything to throw this team off its axis. Although they've proven through 74 games nothing really can or will.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 10:58 AM
He was clearly frusterated after the catch, though. I'm really not into nitpicking but sometimes I get paranoid. It's like I don't want anything to throw this team off its axis. Although they've proven through 74 games nothing really can or will.

Understood and I overreacted. I am just incredibly frustrated with how doom and gloom WSI is right now.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
I was right behind the play-Dye had the stronger chance to make that play.

veeter
06-27-2005, 10:59 AM
Understood and I overreacted. I am just incredibly frustrated with how doom and gloom WSI is right now. Nothing a 4-2 road trip can't cure.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 11:00 AM
Nothing a 4-2 road trip can't cure.

Sadly, that won't be enough for most of the doom and gloomers around here. Anything less than 138-24 is unacceptable to them. And even that is 24 games worse than thigns should be.

DaleJRFan
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
He was clearly frusterated after the catch, though. I'm really not into nitpicking but sometimes I get paranoid. It's like I don't want anything to throw this team off its axis. Although they've proven through 74 games nothing really can or will.

I was wondering the same thing on this play. JD ended up catching the ball facing left-field and would have made a quick throw off of his backfoot... he had to reposition himself to make the toss... His throw was on the money though, just wasn't in time.

I really don't care either way. Aaron has a plus-arm too, but in that situation, I'd rather see JD make the throw. Remember, it was earlier in the same game when Dye nailed Ramirez at the plate.

I am sure Rowand and Dye will sort this out in the clubhouse.

duke of dorwood
06-27-2005, 11:02 AM
Aaron was awful Sat & Sun-the next good swing will be the first since Friday

chaerulez
06-27-2005, 11:10 AM
I agree Dye is the one that should make the throw. Rowand should know Dye has the better arm (although I doubt he is the type to complain about something like this).

ondafarm
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
I've always played in the infield, 2B in school, catcher in Japan so I may not have the outfield thing down, but I can say; on any difficult play (like pop-ups in foul ground) my rule was I'm on the ball until called off. Both of my positions are normally considered inferior for pops so that worked for me. I'd get to where the ball seemed to be coming down and stay drifting with it unless I heard a teammate calling me off. In Japan, this was tricky as the pitcher would make the call in Japanese (he'd also call obstacles, in Japanese) but I had both 1B and 3B trained to call 'boku no' (literally, 'mine')as soon as they got underneath the ball and I'd break of towards home.

Madvora
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
Unreal. Seriously...this is the type of stuff that should be in the ****house and draw a banning.
A banning? All this guy did was bring up a point in the game.
It's obviously drawing some attention and thoughts about the situation from other posters.
I can't see a problem with his opinion here.

Iguana775
06-27-2005, 11:33 AM
I agree Dye is the one that should make the throw. Rowand should know Dye has the better arm (although I doubt he is the type to complain about something like this).

I think they should have let Pods make it!! He's super fast and should have gotten there!

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 11:34 AM
It's obviously drawing some attention and thoughts about the situation from other posters.
I can't see a problem with his opinion here.

Keep reading the thread. I realized I overreacted, mostly b/c of the other crap being posted around here these days.

Madvora
06-27-2005, 11:36 AM
Keep reading the thread. I realized I overreacted, mostly b/c of the other crap being posted around here these days.
That's cool, I thought it was the original poster saying that HE overreacted.

No problem

veeter
06-27-2005, 11:36 AM
I can't see a problem with his opinion here. Thanks, but it's all good. I think we need to enjoy our families this off-day, take a deep breath and go get 'em tomorrow.

scottjanssens
06-27-2005, 11:39 AM
Dye was in a much better orientation to make the throw than Rowand, better arm or not. As the two converged I was muttering, let Dye have it, let Dye have it. In the end that unearned run didn't matter.

dickallen15
06-27-2005, 11:47 AM
It was Rowand's play. Dye was going towards left field and had to throw the ball across his body to get it home. Rowand, who's arm may not be as strong as Dye's, had a better angle and set-up and would have made the play closer, although its very doubtful he would have thrown him out.

ChicagoHoosier
06-27-2005, 11:48 AM
I agree wtih a few of the posters here that the discussion wasn't as much who should have made the play in our opinion, but just making sure that there isn't a riff based on the lack of communcation. Hopefully Aaron can shake it off and not worry about it. I think Dye had the better arm to try to throw him out, but also felt it was completely a moot point becasue the ball was too deep.

Aaron's got one of the best attitude's on the team, so I hope this doesn't stir anything up.

MsSoxVixen22
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Morning everyone! I disagree. Aaron has a rocket of an arm. But center field does have first dibs. Hopefully A Ro will tell JD that next time at least call him off or something. There could have been a colision and someone could have gotten hurt. :chickenlittle

daveeym
06-27-2005, 12:48 PM
I'm more worried about the apparant lack of communication on the play than Dye taking the ball. With some notable exceptions, the CF typically has a weaker arm than the RF. Dye has a significantly better arm than Rowand and should have taken that ball. Although the CF is almost always the captain, he should also know when to get out of the way to the better throwing player.

The play should be a lot like the Texas leaguer; the infielder goes out until the outfielder, who is in much better throwing position, calls him off. I gotta funny feeling dye was screaming on that play. He came in like a bat outta hell wanting that ball knowing he was "taking it" from Rowand. That's Dye's ball every day and twice on Sunday. A. Because of his arm and B. He's got the better momentum going to the plate.

daveeym
06-27-2005, 12:49 PM
Morning everyone! I disagree. Aaron has a rocket of an arm. But center field does have first dibs. Hopefully A Ro will tell JD that next time at least call him off or something. There could have been a colision and someone could have gotten hurt. :chickenlittle Wrong, wrong, wrong.

DaleJRFan
06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
The other thing to consider on this topic is that even if Dye threw him out at home, what difference would it have made? the bats went silent. We would have lost 1-0 instead of 2-0.

White Sox Randy
06-27-2005, 02:27 PM
I understand how you feel about your son missing out on a possible catch, Mrs Rowand, but please be assured that there will be other games.

By the way, your son is very polite and plays well with the other boys. Thanks for driving him to practice and bringing the juice boxes and cupcakes to this past game.

skobabe8
06-27-2005, 03:25 PM

I would be too. They scored.

RedPinStripes
06-27-2005, 03:44 PM

Exactly. And that little hissy fit Rowand had out there was all about his swelled head. Anytime someone gets infront of him he gets pissed off. If Dye couldn't throw the runner out, I'm sure Rowand wouldn't have.

RedPinStripes
06-27-2005, 03:46 PM
Morning everyone! I disagree. Aaron has a rocket of an arm. But center field does have first dibs. Hopefully A Ro will tell JD that next time at least call him off or something. There could have been a colision and someone could have gotten hurt. :chickenlittle

Then tell Rowand to get the **** out of the way when a real defender is near him and noone will get hurt.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2005, 03:49 PM
Aaron was awful Sat & Sun-the next good swing will be the first since Friday

In fairness, the entire team was awful this weekend. Frank, Paulie, and Crede all looked like scared little leaguers against Prior. It was sickening to watch.

Chisox003
06-27-2005, 03:54 PM
I cannot believe there is a thread about this....

Good Lord what has gotten into some of you people!

Dye has THE STRONGEST ARM ON THE TEAM, and one of the strongest in baseball!

God....do you FOHF just sit and wait for the sox to go on a 2 game losing "streak" just so you can start **** like this? Seriously, it seems like some posters only come out when there's a bump in the road...

Bunch of :dtroll: that belong in the **** house

RKMeibalane
06-27-2005, 03:56 PM

God....do you FOHF just sit and wait for the sox to go on a 2 game losing "streak" just so you can start **** like this? Seriously, it seems like some posters only come out when there's a bump in the road...

Well said.

Flight #24
06-27-2005, 04:04 PM

That play was directly in front of beckett21 & me, and the whole way I was looking for Dye to catch it. It's true that ARow's the captain of the OF, but that makes it his responsibility to see that given the scenario, he's not best suited to make the play because he was drifitng to his left whereas Dye had momentum in his favor to make the throw.

It also didn't seem like an issue to either guy after the play. At least not from looking at their backs. I'd be surprised if Aaron was upset at anything except himself not reading the situation better. To be upset becuase Dye took a ball that he was better suited for doesn't fit with Aaron's personality, IMO.

dickallen15
06-27-2005, 05:35 PM
The other thing to consider on this topic is that even if Dye threw him out at home, what difference would it have made? the bats went silent. We would have lost 1-0 instead of 2-0.

Paulie's error was huge. If the game was 1-0, after Dye got beaned, AJ, instead of rolling into a DP, probably would have bunted then who knows what happens. If for some reason he didn't bunt and rolled into the DP, Podsednik certainly would have bunted in the ninth instead of being blown away, and who knows what happens there. No one will convince me as an ex-CF that Rowand wasn't better positioned to throw home than Dye. He got himself in position behind the ball with everything ready to go towards the plate. Dye was drifting towards LF. Chances are they probably were both calling for the ball, and couldn't hear each other. I really think the chances of the runner being thrown out was very slim. Rowand does have a pretty strong arm, but he's been pretty inaccurate this year with the long throws.

Jurr
06-27-2005, 05:41 PM

:thumbsup: Perfect. I likes it.

veeter
06-27-2005, 05:42 PM
I understand how you feel about your son missing out on a possible catch, Mrs Rowand, but please be assured that there will be other games.

By the way, your son is very polite and plays well with the other boys. Thanks for driving him to practice and bringing the juice boxes and cupcakes to this past game. That was a good one. I like it.

daveeym
06-27-2005, 05:55 PM
Paulie's error was huge. If the game was 1-0, after Dye got beaned, AJ, instead of rolling into a DP, probably would have bunted then who knows what happens. If for some reason he didn't bunt and rolled into the DP, Podsednik certainly would have bunted in the ninth instead of being blown away, and who knows what happens there. No one will convince me as an ex-CF that Rowand wasn't better positioned to throw home than Dye. He got himself in position behind the ball with everything ready to go towards the plate. Dye was drifting towards LF. Chances are they probably were both calling for the ball, and couldn't hear each other. I really think the chances of the runner being thrown out was very slim. Rowand does have a pretty strong arm, but he's been pretty inaccurate this year with the long throws. Oh hell no, Rowand was not behind it. He might have been "under it" but his momentum was going back and towards the right field line, while dye with a MUCH better arm was coming in hard and a bit to the left.

SoxPostSeason
06-27-2005, 06:02 PM
yeah i was wathcing the shot from section 514 but if you think about it there boths rightys and if aaron would have cought it he would have to spin around to though it on the dot. While Dye does have the better arm and can jsut catch it and throw it

TomBradley72
06-27-2005, 06:11 PM
Seriously, how much nit picking can be done around here? Obviously, way too much.

Let me get this straight...we have many threads started...all aroound the #1 team in baseball that is 26 game over .500 before the all star break...without nitpicking...might as well shut the whole thing down for a while. If you don't like the thread...don't read it....don't respond.

dickallen15
06-27-2005, 07:02 PM
Oh hell no, Rowand was not behind it. He might have been "under it" but his momentum was going back and towards the right field line, while dye with a MUCH better arm was coming in hard and a bit to the left.

You need to look at the replay again. Rowand was behind Dye, and was set up to throw home. Dye's throw home didn't have much on it. Either is arm isn't very strong, you say its MUCH better than Rowand's, or he wasn't in good position for the throw. He wasn't in good position for the throw. Rowand had rounded it off and his momentum was going to be towards home. Dye's momentum was either towards LF or 3B. Either way he was throwing across his body. Dye had no chance to throw out the runner. Rowand had a chance, but it was very small.

Jjav829
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
You need to look at the replay again. Rowand was behind Dye, and was set up to throw home. Dye's throw home didn't have much on it. Either is arm isn't very strong, you say its MUCH better than Rowand's, or he wasn't in good position for the throw. He wasn't in good position for the throw. Rowand had rounded it off and his momentum was going to be towards home. Dye's momentum was either towards LF or 3B. Either way he was throwing across his body. Dye had no chance to throw out the runner. Rowand had a chance, but it was very small.

Thank you. I was beginning to think everyone forgot about how the play actually went down. While Dye clearly has the stronger arm, Rowand was in much better position. He had squared himself to the plate and was in position to make the quickest transfer from catch to throw. Dye was actually running almost parallel to the outfield wall, putting him in a tougher position to make the throw. Dye caught it, took a step or two and then threw. The time from catch to release was extremely long. Rowand would have released much quicker.

No one here is debating whose arm is better. The OF with the better arm can't always catch the ball. Sometimes the outfielder who is in better position has to catch it because despite a weaker arm, he is in better position to make a quick and more accurate throw. This was one of those times.

RedPinStripes
06-28-2005, 12:54 AM
Thank you. I was beginning to think everyone forgot about how the play actually went down. While Dye clearly has the stronger arm, Rowand was in much better position. He had squared himself to the plate and was in position to make the quickest transfer from catch to throw. Dye was actually running almost parallel to the outfield wall, putting him in a tougher position to make the throw. Dye caught it, took a step or two and then threw. The time from catch to release was extremely long. Rowand would have released much quicker.

No one here is debating whose arm is better. The OF with the better arm can't always catch the ball. Sometimes the outfielder who is in better position has to catch it because despite a weaker arm, he is in better position to make a quick and more accurate throw. This was one of those times.

I don't remember the play 100% and haven't seen it since. I just hate it when Rowand gets pissy when anyone goes near him. Did I ever mention that I think he's a severe ********?

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 03:30 AM
Let me get this straight...we have many threads started...all aroound the #1 team in baseball that is 26 game over .500 before the all star break...without nitpicking...might as well shut the whole thing down for a while. If you don't like the thread...don't read it....don't respond.

There's a difference between intelligent, sensible nit picking and loads of crap being posted around here. I'll read and respond to what I want, thank you very much. You do the same.

MUsoxfan
06-28-2005, 03:36 AM
...without nitpicking...might as well shut the whole thing down for a while.

So you're complaining for the sake of complaining? I don't understand. I can't complain about a team that's hovering around 10 games up in their division before July. Looking under rocks for things to complain about is a depressing thought.

kevingrt
06-28-2005, 09:09 AM
So you're complaining for the sake of complaining? I don't understand. I can't complain about a team that's hovering around 10 games up in their division before July. Looking under rocks for things to complain about is a depressing thought.

I'd have to agree with MUsoxfan in this instance. It seems like we are just digging stuff up right now. Was that play important in the game, yes. But would either Aaron or Dye have had a chance to get him at the plate, I think not.

Yes, Aaron is the captain in the outfield, but somebody had to take the initiative. It's much better that they were both aggressive towards the ball and someone caught it rather then, have them both call the other one on at the last second and the ball drop in.

I just kind of think this is an overblown issue on the board. But for my sake, it's fun to read the posts.

ilsox7
06-28-2005, 09:27 AM
I'd have to agree with MUsoxfan in this instance. It seems like we are just digging stuff up right now. Was that play important in the game, yes. But would either Aaron or Dye have had a chance to get him at the plate, I think not.

Yes, Aaron is the captain in the outfield, but somebody had to take the initiative. It's much better that they were both aggressive towards the ball and someone caught it rather then, have them both call the other one on at the last second and the ball drop in.

I just kind of think this is an overblown issue on the board. But for my sake, it's fun to read the posts.

I think if you isolate this thread from everything else on WSI, it's probly not a bad discussion to have. Who should have made the play? Who was in better position to make the throw? Questions like that can be fun to debate.

However, taken in context with all of the other **** threads around here, it comes off as yet another dark cloud moment after we lose 2 in a row. I highly doubt Rowand and Dye are no longer talking b/c of this play. The outfield has worked INCREDIBLY well together this year. How about we talk about that?

Pods, Arow, and JD cover a ton of ground. They get to just about every ball you expect outfielders to get to. JD has a superb arm and Arow has a good arm for center. Pods' arm is weak, but that is why he is a left fielder. Think about all of the baserunners and runs saved b/c of how well our outfield defense is. Why hasn't there been a thread about this? See my point? Every other thread around here is about what is wrong with this team...not what is right with a 50-24 team that has a 9 game lead in June.

MikeKreevich
06-28-2005, 10:02 AM
Oh hell no, Rowand was not behind it. He might have been "under it" but his momentum was going back and towards the right field line, while dye with a MUCH better arm was coming in hard and a bit to the left.
What game where you watching? Rowand had it surrounded and was coming in with momentum. Dye drifted to the ball, caught it way too high and was stationary. Had Dye set up better, he might have had a chance.

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 10:11 AM
I'd like to ask all those people who thought Carlos Lee was a great outfielder how many balls they think Pods has caught that Carlos wouldn't have come close to. I was at Carl Everett's first game in CF (when he was first acquired) for us and it was obvious he watched several balls drop that ARow would have caught. Watching CLee to Pods looks the same.

daveeym
06-28-2005, 10:17 AM

No one here is debating whose arm is better. The OF with the better arm can't always catch the ball. Sometimes the outfielder who is in better position has to catch it because despite a weaker arm, he is in better position to make a quick and more accurate throw. This was one of those times. Rowand was not in position to throw he was camped under it flat footed. He was not going to get two steps and a crow hop in unless it was all AFTER the catch. I agree that dye was heading towards left, but rowand was not "in throwing position". He may have been in a better position than dye, but i'll let dye take his chances whenever rowand isn't completely set.

daveeym
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
What game where you watching? Rowand had it surrounded and was coming in with momentum. Dye drifted to the ball, caught it way too high and was stationary. Had Dye set up better, he might have had a chance.Please if that's the case Dye doesn't get the ball there's a collision. Rowand had no momentum, if there's no throw to the plate Yes rowand's in superb position and dye's a moron. Dye may still slightly be a moron because he came in like a bat out of hell, but if there was any chance in that situation its gonna be from dye.

dickallen15
06-28-2005, 10:24 AM
Rowand was not in position to throw he was camped under it flat footed. He was not going to get two steps and a crow hop in unless it was all AFTER the catch. I agree that dye was heading towards left, but rowand was not "in throwing position". He may have been in a better position than dye, but i'll let dye take his chances whenever rowand isn't completely set.

Rowand was behind Dye. He was in better position. Dye being in the way may have screwed him up a little bit, but he definitely was getting himself in position to make a play at the plate. If he were camped under it flat footed like you claimed, there would have been a collision.

harwar
06-28-2005, 10:25 AM
Aaron wasn't in perfect position,although i think he believes he was.
Hes' very proud of his defense.
Jermaine had all his energy going perpendicular to the play at the plate and he wasn't in perfect position either,although i think he believes that he was.
Hes' a very proud man.
I'm glad that they are both talented and aggressive players that are on our team

Centerfield33
06-28-2005, 10:51 AM
I don't remember the play 100% and haven't seen it since. I just hate it when Rowand gets pissy when anyone goes near him. Did I ever mention that I think he's a severe ********?
Ya know.... It doesn't matter now whether Aaron should have or shouldn't have made that play. It's people like you who make stupid comments and take it to a personal level that turn my stomach. Why don't you go sit on the bench with Randar (who I don't see here much anymore). Aaron plays his heart out every day, comes through more times than not, and has one of the best attitudes on the team from what I see. Get a life!

daveeym
06-28-2005, 11:16 AM
Rowand was behind Dye. He was in better position. Dye being in the way may have screwed him up a little bit, but he definitely was getting himself in position to make a play at the plate. If he were camped under it flat footed like you claimed, there would have been a collision. I conceded a bit from my first post that maybe he was camped under it, however as shown by my first post I seemed to remember rowand's momentum was still slightly going back and to right and that he was "settling" under it. I like the post on their "pride" and will leave it at that.

maurice
06-28-2005, 01:34 PM
I don't remember the play and won't comment on it, however . . .

Rowand is not remotely an *******, and he's easily our best defensive OF. That's why he's in CF. Yes, Dye has a stronger arm, but Dye and Pods have been very disappointing on defense this year, IMHO.

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 01:42 PM
I'd like to ask all those people who thought Carlos Lee was a great outfielder ...

:tealpolice:

Serviously though, while Dye has a stronger arm, I'd prefer him to be more disciplined coming up with the ball after a single to right, he often misses the cut off man going for a runner, allowing an additional RISP,

thepaulbowski
06-28-2005, 01:43 PM
I don't remember the play and won't comment on it, however . . .

Rowand is not remotely an *******, and he's easily our best defensive OF. That's why he's in CF. Yes, Dye has a stronger arm, but Dye and Pods have been very disappointing on defense this year, IMHO.

I agree on Rowand, he is a class act.

Dye has admitted he was trying to hard at times to make spectacular plays when he should not have. Now that he is hitting, he may feel more relaxed.

daveeym
06-28-2005, 02:40 PM

Serviously though, while Dye has a stronger arm, I'd prefer him to be more disciplined coming up with the ball after a single to right, he often misses the cut off man going for a runner, allowing an additional RISP, LOL, that's almost anyone that has a great arm in the outfield. I'm sure 75% of people here have played with someone like that be it baseball or softball. That never hits the cutoff and always is throwing the ball around because of his "great" arm.

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 03:03 PM
LOL, that's almost anyone that has a great arm in the outfield. I'm sure 75% of people here have played with someone like that be it baseball or softball. That never hits the cutoff and always is throwing the ball around because of his "great" arm.

I've had both sides of getting dissed on plays like this. I mean, playing second base, I'd be in good cutoff position only to have a ball sail over my head or guarding second to receive a throw only to have an outfielder wind up and I welcome a new runner into second. Also as catcher, sometimes I'd franticly be waving in the direction of second only to have the outfielder throw to me, hoping to get a play at the plate.

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 03:05 PM

Wait a minute here!!! My remark has no sarcasm in it. If I said "Carlos Lee is a great outfielder." That should be teal.

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 03:39 PM
Farm,

OK maybe I was giving more credit than due, as any clause containing the words all those people who thought Carlos Lee was a great outfielder should be sarcasm

RedPinStripes
06-28-2005, 03:57 PM
Ya know.... It doesn't matter now whether Aaron should have or shouldn't have made that play. It's people like you who make stupid comments and take it to a personal level that turn my stomach. Why don't you go sit on the bench with Randar (who I don't see here much anymore). Aaron plays his heart out every day, comes through more times than not, and has one of the best attitudes on the team from what I see. Get a life!

Rowand is an average outfielder. He's not CF, he's always running at fullspeed to make up for the terrible path or bad read he gets on the ball. He's gotten better offensively, but I cant wait to see how good Brian Anderson will be.

Now that's a civil post. Try pissing me off again and I will crush your spirit and give you an eating disorder.

Infallible
06-28-2005, 04:00 PM

so you have a fatal attraction to Aaron Rowands behind......now for reality; Dye has the stronger arm. Get over it.

Frater Perdurabo
06-28-2005, 04:02 PM
Wait a minute here!!! My remark has no sarcasm in it. If I said "Carlos Lee is a great outfielder." That should be teal.

Not Teal!
:tealtutor::tealpolice:

maurice
06-28-2005, 04:27 PM
Rowand is an average outfielder. He's not CF, he's always running at fullspeed to make up for the terrible path or bad read he gets on the ball.

Wow, even Randar wouldn't agree with this description of Rowand's recent play. Perhaps you have him confused with Podsednik.

ode to veeck
06-28-2005, 04:50 PM
Wow, even Randar wouldn't agree with this description of Rowand's recent play. Perhaps you have him confused with Podsednik.

Yep, Actually Aaron looks a lot more comfortable in CF than he did a couple of years back

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 09:20 PM
Not Teal!
:tealtutor::tealpolice:

Man, being busted by the teal police reserve !!! (again?)

ondafarm
06-28-2005, 09:21 PM
Farm,

OK maybe I was giving more credit than due, as any clause containing the words all those people who thought Carlos Lee was a great outfielder should be sarcasm

otv,
well, that's fair !!

RedPinStripes
06-28-2005, 09:27 PM

I never said pods was a gold glover either. God has blessed him with speed. That's all i can say about him defensivly. And he 's my favorite player on this team so I'm not just picking on poor Rowand.