PDA

View Full Version : Lest we forget.....

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:16 AM
if K-orey (until you throw an 0-2 pitch to him at the knees) comes up with that catch in May, we're 25 games over .500 and we drop 4 of 6 to the SAD ASS CUBS!!!!!

Can you say PA..... THET..... IC?

Chisox003
06-27-2005, 02:19 AM
if K-orey (until you throw an 0-2 pitch to him at the knees) comes up with that catch in May, we're 25 games over .500 and we drop 4 of 6 to the SAD ASS CUBS!!!!!

Can you say :dtroll: ?

Please stop, the series/circus is over until next year, we split, and the Twins didnt gain any ground this weekend...

These threads are seriously getting out of hand....

Can you say SHUT........UP?

RadioheadRocks
06-27-2005, 02:21 AM

But Corey DIDN'T come up with that catch in May. Let's not bury ourselves in "ifs"... "if this", "if that", "if Grandma had cajones she'd be Grandpa."

You have every right to be frustrated and disappointed that we lost 2 out of 3 to the Cubs at the Cell, hell we ALL are! But let's get past it already, there's plenty more baseball to be played this year!

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:22 AM
Can you say :dtroll: ?

Please stop, the series/circus is over until next year, we split, and the Twins didnt gain any ground this weekend...

These threads are seriously getting out of hand....

Can you say SHUT........UP?

Truth hurts don't it?

As far as K-orey is concerned, I guess an unpolished turd come up golden when you give him 6 games to SUCK-ceed......

TaylorStSox
06-27-2005, 02:25 AM
:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp: threads are fun. :?:

Chisox003
06-27-2005, 02:27 AM
Truth hurts don't it?

As far as K-orey is concerned, I guess an unpolished turd come up golden when you give him 6 games to SUCK-ceed......

The fact that the SOx lost 2 of 3 to a .500 team does hurt, and obviously even more so because its the Cubs and this is ammunition for their "fans" to use all year

But really, I do not care...I hate these series, just for that reason....

Theres a ton of "if's" that can swing for the Sox this year too, so it really doesnt matter at this point

We're 50-24 and in 1st place, and the freak show that we call the "Cross town classic" is over...Lets leave it at that

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:29 AM
:gulp::gulp::gulp::gulp: threads are fun. :?:

You're a mack. LOL! You successfully guessed my "rose-colored" affliction..... LOL!

But losing 2 of 3 to the F'n CUbs is still sad when you're 26 games over .500..... no matter how you cut it.

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:31 AM
But really, I do not care...

Admit it..... you really do care. Admitting you don't, just adds fuel to my fire.

Banix12
06-27-2005, 02:33 AM
I'll take this "what if" one step further, if Sosa and Alou were still members of the cubs I'd say the sox sweep this last series. Huge begrudging kudos to Jeromy Burnitz and Todd Hollandsworth who played near flawless corner outfield this weekend saving at least four or five runs in the last two games. Burnitz probably singlehandedly killed the sox with his D.

On a plus note while it feels bad to lose the two games, it feels good to know that Derrick Lee was just about entirely left in check. I think he only got two or three hits off sox pitching all year.

RadioheadRocks
06-27-2005, 02:34 AM
Don't forget the Sox also lost 2 out of 3 to the Devil Rays (!!!) and 2 out of 3 to the D'backs and were able to rebound from those. The Sox have proven to be resilient this year, and I see no reason to think otherwise. :D:

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:38 AM
The Sox have proven to be resilient this year, and I see no reason to think otherwise. :D:

I..... like you, hope they are. But when you drop 2 of 3 to a team struggling to stay above .500, it's sad no matter how you cut it.

Sorry Sox..... you choked.

And save the "Prior Ruled" threads too..... when you practically get SO by a pitcher on a pitch count, you're gonna have problems come playoff time.

doublem23
06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I'm tired of this.

RadioheadRocks
06-27-2005, 02:48 AM
I think we ALL know where this thread is going...

samram
06-27-2005, 04:11 AM

Are you trying to get your own "Darkcloud" thread at the top of this forum?

Really, I've read 20 of your posts in the last 10 minutes, and you're way too worked up over a series loss in June.

PaulDrake
06-27-2005, 09:08 AM
Nellie Fox made a great post on another thread. These games have lost their lustre, while becoming a dangerous side show. It has to be noted that Sox fans tend to take these losses harder than scrub fans. I almost let this ruin my weekend.

Part of Nellie's Post
See, this is why I hate interleague games. Most of them are beyond meaningless, and the series with the Cubs gets emotions blown up to levels way out of proportion to their significance.

Dropping two out of three to the Cubs is really no more important than dropping two out of three to the Rangers, but we have way more emotional investment in it.

Baby Fisk
06-27-2005, 09:11 AM

Since the season is over, I guess we won't be hearing this **** from you again.

SOX ADDICT '73
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM

...and if Vizcaino doesn't serve up a gopher ball to Jason DuBois in May, we'd be right back where we are - 26 games over .500, in first place in MLB, and almost certainly on our way to the postseason. Keep this up, and maybe the mods will change your user name to CubLuva.

fquaye149
06-27-2005, 11:06 AM

i wish there was an even deeper pink.

santo=dorf
06-27-2005, 11:18 AM

Ever notice how he ONLY posts when the Sox lose two in a row? :rolleyes:
:dtroll:

Uncle_Patrick
06-27-2005, 11:32 AM
We lost series to the A's and Tampa Bay, two teams far worse than the Cubs, and I didn't see this kind of reaction from so-called "Sox Fans". What's the point of going through all these "what if" thoughts? The Sox lost this weekend. And yeah, you know what? It sucks. I think everyone here wants to see the Sox beat the Cubs, but they didn't. So what? The Sox still have the best record in baseball. They still are in 1st place. Most likely, they are probably going to be in the playoffs.

There are 2 things I hate about this series:
1. The moronic behavior of fans on both sides who think they are showing team pride by being jerks.
2. Cub-haters who call themselves Sox fans and then proceed to start hating on the Sox and questioning how good the Sox are just because the Sox lost to the Cubs.

A loss to the Cubs is not the end of the world. I fully expect this team to pick themselves up and take at least 2 of 3 from the Tigers. Sox fans should be thinking about what's coming next, not about a play that didn't even happen back in May.

mantis1212
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
I..... like you, hope they are. But when you drop 2 of 3 to a team struggling to stay above .500, it's sad no matter how you cut it.

Sorry Sox..... you choked.

And save the "Prior Ruled" threads too..... when you practically get SO by a pitcher on a pitch count, you're gonna have problems come playoff time.

Are you writing columns for Jay Mariotti or something?...What did they choke on? They lost the last interleague series to arrive at a sorry 12-6 record against the NL. You heard it from Sox players and manager's alike- they don't feel this series is that important, and you shouldn't either.

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2005, 12:56 PM
a sorry 12-6 record against the NL.

Only the 'Toons were better at 15-3.:rolleyes:

Cowhead418
06-27-2005, 02:10 PM

Going along those lines, if you take away all our wins this season we are 0-74 so what's your point?:?:

White Sox Josh
06-27-2005, 02:14 PM
just for emphasis
:threadsucks
:threadblows::whoflungpoo

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2005, 12:49 AM
And save the "Prior Ruled" threads too..... when you practically get SO by a pitcher on a pitch count, you're gonna have problems come playoff time.Before you get too invested in this, you might want to check out Prior's performances in his first games back from his frequent trips to the DL. Positively sick. It seems the rest does him good.