PDA

View Full Version : *official* off-days are worthless

TimoandAaron
06-26-2005, 11:45 PM
what am i supposed to do. There is no White Sox baseball to watch. Lets hope we can get this hitting together and get the engine rolling in Dtroit.

gosox3072
06-26-2005, 11:46 PM
Ugh, off days are even worse when youve lost 2 in a row. But how bad can you possibly feel when your favorite team is 50-24:D:

TimoandAaron
06-26-2005, 11:48 PM
Ugh, off days are even worse when youve lost 2 in a row. But how bad can you possibly feel when your favorite team is 50-24:D:I think off days are better after you have lost two in a row. It gives the team a chance to reload and think about what they have to do to win.

dranny32
06-26-2005, 11:56 PM
The best way to deal with an off day is to play some wiffle ball

Banix12
06-26-2005, 11:56 PM
I think off days are better after you have lost two in a row. It gives the team a chance to reload and think about what they have to do to win.

It may be better for the team but it's bad for the board. A lot of ancy "what do we do to get on track" threads. To much panic and no outlet.

TimoandAaron
06-26-2005, 11:58 PM
The best way to deal with an off day is to play some wiffle ballor golf or baseball video games. I do not like running around the bases in this heat.

ShoelessJoeS
06-27-2005, 12:03 AM
i agree, i hate off days. but i think the sox need an off day after the last two games. their current 16 straight scoreless innings streak is the longest of the season. the sox need the day off to regroup, get some rest, and head into detroit ready to start another 8 game winning streak

TimoandAaron
06-27-2005, 12:05 AM
What will everybody be doing on the off-day?

Because Midlothian CC is closed on Mondays, i cannot Caddy. So i will probably do what Hawk and DJ will be doing..............................golfing.

Wsoxmike59
06-27-2005, 06:52 AM
For those of you that live in the south and SW suburbs, tonight the Windy City Thunderbolts are playing in Crestwood at Hawkinson Ford Field at 7:05.

Also the Joliet Jackhammers are hosting Sioux City IA at Silver Cross Field at 7:05.

The only minor league parks I've been to are Elfstrom Stadium in Kane County, Hawkinson Ford Field in Crestwood and Stanley Coveleski Stadium in South Bend way back when they were the class A ball team of the White Sox.

I've heard that the Joliet Jackhammers home field is one of the finest minor league facilities in all of baseball. See photo below:

http://www.jackhammerbaseball.com/stadium/images/seatingchart/suite1.jpg

soxjim
06-27-2005, 07:16 AM
Not to bad this off day. I go to work come home do laundry and leave for Detroit tomorrow.

itsnotrequired
06-27-2005, 09:24 AM
Not to bad this off day. I go to work come home do laundry and leave for Detroit tomorrow.

While I may not be going to Detroit, I will be joining you on the laundry front tonight. The off-day allows me to take care of things around the house (cleaning, etc.) and catch up on some sleep.

Still, I'd rather have smelly clothes and watch a game.:D:

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 09:27 AM
While I may not be going to Detroit, I will be joining you on the laundry front tonight. The off-day allows me to take care of things around the house (cleaning, etc.) and catch up on some sleep.

Still, I'd rather have smelly clothes and watch a game.:D:

I second that. Gotta do some cleaning of the apartment in preparation for out of town 4th of July guests!

Also have to get some paperwork sent off to the law school.

doublem23
06-27-2005, 09:28 AM
It may be better for the team but it's bad for the board. A lot of ancy "what do we do to get on track" threads. To much panic and no outlet.

You're telling me... :rolleyes:

Baby Fisk
06-27-2005, 09:31 AM
I'll be at the library tonight, researching my upcoming book: "Don't Poke: A Brief History of the Q-Tip".

JB98
06-27-2005, 12:42 PM
i agree, i hate off days. but i think the sox need an off day after the last two games. their current 16 straight scoreless innings streak is the longest of the season. the sox need the day off to regroup, get some rest, and head into detroit ready to start another 8 game winning streak

Well, I think the players have had more off days than they need this month. It seems like half the off days for the whole season are in June. I would rather play today in exchange for an off day in September. We play 20 consecutive games from Sept. 13 until the final day of the season, Oct. 2.

It is true, though, that today's off day could prevent the traditional day-after-the-Cubs-series emotional letdown. After the Sunday game at Wrigley in May, we played a putrid game in Anaheim that Monday night.

Sad
06-27-2005, 01:40 PM
think I'll watch Boston give the Jin Jin's a much-deserved beat-down :redneck

fortunately the game's in Boston & I won't have to listen to the moron's drum beating...

White Sox Josh
06-27-2005, 01:41 PM
off-days are days where i get the golf bag and work on my golf game. I luuv golf on an off-day. I usually am able to play 18 holes on off-days to.