PDA

View Full Version : Burhrle or Prior?

gosox3072
06-27-2005, 12:43 AM
The score was having a pretty good argument yesterday about which pitcher you would rather have on the mound; Mark Burhrle or Mark Prior. I thought id see what the rest of you would think

We certainly saw what prior can do today and i think the guys on the radio had it correct. If i had 1 pitcher to pick for a game 7 id pick prior, but if it was the entire season id pick burhrle.

TimoandAaron
06-27-2005, 12:47 AM
to be honest, i would rather have a healthy prior. He is way more dominatig and is a better strikeout pitcher.

The Dude
06-27-2005, 12:49 AM
to be honest, i would rather have a healthy prior. He is way more dominatig and is a better strikeout pitcher.

Yeah he really was dominating in game 6 of the NLCS. give me a break!!

BUEHRLE in a heartbeat. He never seems to get rattled.

also.....
:threadsucks
countdown till this thread is moved...................

dranny32
06-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Buehrle is the obvious choice, he is more consistent and doesnt just go for strike outs, he gets the defense involved. His fast pace gets the hitters rattled and he has the best move to first base in all of baseball.

Region Sox
06-27-2005, 12:53 AM
Buehrle is a lefty. A good LHP is hard to find.

gosox3072
06-27-2005, 12:54 AM
Yeah he really was dominating in game 6 of the NLCS. give me a break!!

BUEHRLE in a heartbeat. He never seems to get rattled.

also.....
:threadsucks
countdown till this thread is moved...................

Why exactly does this thread suck? I think its a pretty decent question.

You do make a good point about prior in game 6 of the NLCS...then again he was a rookie that year wasnt he. Then again he is the messiah

JackParkman
06-27-2005, 12:58 AM
It's a worthy debate.

If I knew Prior was going to be healthy, then I think he's got to be the choice. But the problem is, we don't know when he's going to be healthy. He's already had two pretty serious arm injuries, so for health and consistency reasons I'd lean toward Buerhle. Mark's stuff isn't quite as filthy, but it's there every fifth day. Same can't be said for Prior.

The Dude
06-27-2005, 12:59 AM
Why exactly does this thread suck? I think its a pretty decent question.

You do make a good point about prior in game 6 of the NLCS...then again he was a rookie that year wasnt he. Then again he is the messiah

I hate the question first off. Secondly...i thought my point showed why Buehrle is the obvious choice. Third, I'm still steamed at our performance VS Prior, etc today and dont want to hear about the Messiah until he gets injured again.
By the way, Cubs related topics should be in "Whats the score?"

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2005, 01:30 AM
:threadsucksamen

Rocklive99
06-27-2005, 01:37 AM
Any pitcher can get roughed up any day. I'll take Buehrle because of bias. Prior's fastballs go a long way, the problem is he doesn't give up much else.