PDA

View Full Version : Poll: Will we make a trade?

Region Sox
06-27-2005, 12:43 AM
I know the line is "If Kenny Williams thinks it will help the team".

My opionion is the White Sox will and I am guessing it will be a starter or long relief if I had to guess. Or get a starter and move maybe Contreras down. The thing is we will only need 4 in the playoffs.

If Gload cannot get well I would also add a trade for a Utility player that can play 1st so if Konerko gets on late in a close game we can pinch run and have a solid defensive player at 1st.

popilius
06-27-2005, 12:45 AM
Yes, yes, yes,. . . we need Gload or a backup first basemen from somewhere. We don't want Timo starting at first in September, that's for sure.

:gulp:

Region Sox
06-27-2005, 12:48 AM
What is the latest on Gload anyway?

PicktoCLick72
06-27-2005, 01:11 AM
Trade Southpaw.

lostletters
06-27-2005, 03:19 AM
Whatever trade will happen, it will be a trade for a pitcher. Either a relief pitcher or a starting pitcher. If there is a trade it will be an upgrade.

That being said KW will not do anything unless he can pull off a major deal and get a great pitcher. Basically somebody in the top tier of baseball pitchers. Otherwise he is not going to even bother making a deal. If anything does happen, it will probably happen right near the deadline when the situation in the national league becomes a bit more clear and there are more parties willing to deal.

KW is in a position where he does not NEED to make a trade at this point. He has three great pitchers, and two decent (if inconsistant) pitchers.

As far as the rest of the lineup...he will not mess with a good thing. If he will trade anybody it will be a minor bench player (aka Timo Perez). I do not see him trading any outfielder or infielder outside of Timo. Ozuna, Gload, Harris I see sticking around. Same goes for all of the starters. Why mess with a good thing?

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 03:25 AM
Yes, yes, yes,. . . we need Gload or a backup first basemen from somewhere. We don't want Timo starting at first in September, that's for sure.

:gulp:

September? Fine. OCTOBER? F^&* that. Paulie better be starting come October.....

Mark'sBrokenFoot
06-27-2005, 03:26 AM
While I am a Crede backer, and I'm a big fan of Uribe's potential, both of them are killing us at the plate. The rotation is good enough for the regular season push and will be even better with Contreras pitching out of the pen in the postseason. Unless an Eddie Guardado type closer becomes available, the biggest need is another stick on the left side of the infield.