PDA

View Full Version : Pablo Ozuna

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 10:01 PM
I have been really impressed with this guy and if he keeps it up he might push either Crede or Uribe out of the lineup. It seems like everytime he enters the game he does something positive.

JB98
06-26-2005, 10:02 PM
I have been really impressed with this guy and if he keeps it up he might push either Crede or Uribe out of the lineup. It seems like everytime he enters the game he does something positive.

He's a nice utility player. That's where he stays. Uribe and Crede are our guys.

samram
06-26-2005, 10:04 PM
I have been really impressed with this guy and if he keeps it up he might push either Crede or Uribe out of the lineup.

No. Pablo is a nice utility guy, that's all. Why are you so eager to change the lineup of a team that is 26 games over .500?

Chisox003
06-26-2005, 10:06 PM

Why do you insist on starting bullsh*t threads like this?

Hes a very good utility player, THAT IS IT!

Crede is very good defensively, do you think Ozuna can play 3rd consistently and not kill us with the glove? NO!

Hes no an every day player, period.

Your threads should be ****housed automatically

:threadsucks

:dtroll:

JB98
06-26-2005, 10:07 PM
No. Pablo is a nice utility guy, that's all. Why are you so eager to change the lineup of a team that is 26 games over .500?

He won't rest until Crede is gone. He pisses and moans about Joe every day in the game thread.

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 10:08 PM

Crede is very good defensively, do you think Ozuna can play 3rd consistently and not kill us with the glove? NO!

:dtroll:All i'm saying is that if Ozuna keeps this up he will become a SUPER UTILITY PLAYER. Ozzie will find a way to get him into the lineup 3 or 4 days a week. I'm impressed that's all. He has done an excellent job this year.

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Speaking of Uribe does anyone know if he will be going on the DL or will he be back for the Detroit series? He has missed the last 4 games.

Tragg
06-26-2005, 10:51 PM
Josh, is that Randa's mug in your signature? If you insist on that, how about putting a good third baseman in Sox gear?

PicktoCLick72
06-27-2005, 12:23 AM
That is a horrible idea.

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2005, 12:28 AM

:dtroll: BOOOO TO YOU JOSH!!!! you made a thread bashing crede too!!!!! quit freakin' out!

Rocklive99
06-27-2005, 12:53 AM
How about that liner he caught, from the angle they showed, he definately saved a base hit, which possibly could have been an extra base hit. I love Joe, leave him alone. This is why Ozuna's here, very convenient to stick him in if Juan is hurtin

shoota
06-27-2005, 01:59 AM

I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was skeptical at his .500+ Spring Training batting average, but he has proven that he can get hits, steal bases, and allows Ozzie the opportunity to hit and run with him at the plate or on base.

Pablo looks to have a natural third baseman's arm, so I'd have him starting at third every day.

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:02 AM
He's a nice utility player. That's where he stays. Uribe and Crede are our guys.

Too bad Uribe sucks.....

samram
06-27-2005, 03:54 AM
I've been thinking about this for a while now. I was skeptical at his .500+ Spring Training batting average, but he has proven that he can get hits, steal bases, and allows Ozzie the opportunity to hit and run with him at the plate or on base.

Pablo looks to have a natural third baseman's arm, so I'd have him starting at third every day.

That's why you're not managing.

mccoydp
06-27-2005, 05:55 AM
Crede's the main reason for the team's horrible 50-24 record.

tschneid83
06-27-2005, 06:58 AM
why does everyone feel the need to bash people on here if they make a suggestion. If you dont like what someone posts then after you read it hit the back button instead of reply.

I was going to post this same thing the other day about ozuna. I love joe crede and i dont want to see him go anywhere but did not make the post b/c I did not want to get the "this thread sucks" routine if i made another crede post on here.

no worries though b/c until uribe comes back we will see plenty of ozuna....

tschneid83
06-27-2005, 07:33 AM
ok... so i see that he has posted a lot of crede bashing so i apologize but still stand with my previous statement.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
ok... so i see that he has posted a lot of crede bashing so i apologize but still stand with my previous statement.

It has more to do with people who continuously bash Sox players over and over and over and over and over again. Those people get reputations and many of us get very sick of it. The poster who started this thread has that reputation and simply cannot start enough threads or make enough posts to bash Crede. Again, I think if this were being done in an intelligent manner, the reaction would be different. But this guy doesn't do so in an intelligent way.

tschneid83
06-27-2005, 07:41 AM
your prolly right....i need to start making mental notes and put posts with names so i can avoid certain ones. I agree it gets real old reading the same posts every 2 to 3 days.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 07:44 AM
your prolly right....i need to start making mental notes and put posts with names so i can avoid certain ones. I agree it gets real old reading the same posts every 2 to 3 days.

Yea. There are a handful of people who seem to pick 1 or 2 things and continually make mention of them. It really gets annoying.

Ozuna38
06-27-2005, 07:32 PM
I love Pablo, hes a great player to have off the bench.. much like my guy Tony Graffanino in years past. He probably is destined to be pretty much a utility guy.. but while Crede is struggling to hit .240 it wouldn't be a bad idea to give him a shot at some consistant playing time. I a big Crede fan but he's just not getting it done. He's great with the glove, but you can't say Pablo is at all bad with the leather either..

buehrle4cy05
06-27-2005, 07:43 PM
Don't mix up the chemistry of this club by sitting Joe Crede. Every player has his role. Paul Konerko is our cleanup hitter. When he stuggled earlier in the year, Ozzie didn't move him down in the order. Why? Because Pauly is just that. Our cleanup hitter. Joe Crede is our third baseman, and if all of a sudden one day Ozzie came in and said, "Joe, you suck. Ozuna is going to be our starter for the rest of the year," how do you think that would effect the chemistry of the club? I would say negatively.

dranny32
06-27-2005, 08:08 PM
I only think crede would be afftected negatively if he was benched for ozuna.

MIgrenade
06-27-2005, 08:16 PM
I only think crede would be afftected negatively if he was benched for ozuna.

Maybe not but the team as a whole would be because Ozuna isn't that good. I wish Uribe and Crede would get on hot streaks so we'd stop hearing this stuff.

dranny32
06-27-2005, 08:20 PM
Yeah im a huge crede supporter but Pablo has been doing the hitting and i guess that seems more important to people than crede far superior defense.

tschneid83
06-27-2005, 08:24 PM
I wish Uribe and Crede would get on hot streaks so we'd stop hearing this stuff.

me to.... i love both of them and they both deserve to be in the lineup. A hitting streak would keep things quiet for a while

BUT.......

i am not saying crede is benched for the year. I am just a fan of when someone is hot you should play them (like ozuna is). But i dont want the player they replace (crede in this example) to get cold from sitting. So i guess i cant get both and will be quiet now.....

dranny32
06-27-2005, 08:26 PM
I think jaun should definately stay in the line-up, he is among the AL leaders in sac flies and that's exactly what this offense is about.

Jurr
06-27-2005, 08:28 PM
Yeah im a huge crede supporter but Pablo has been doing the hitting and i guess that seems more important to people than crede far superior defense.
Well, it's an interesting topic.
Ozuna has scored 16 runs in 60 at bats. Crede has 30 runs in 230 AB. That can be attributed to where Joe bats in the lineup. Pablo usually leads off.
Crede slugs .417 vs. .313 for Ozuna, and Ozuna's hitting .299 vs. Crede's .239.

Ozuna gives you a better OBP and BA, which are trademarks of a leadoff type hitter. Crede gives you much better slugging and RBI/HR production. As far as gloves go, you're not going to beat Crede this side of Rolen or Chavez. With Crede at third everyday, the Sox are 50-26. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

dranny32
06-27-2005, 08:30 PM
Sorry, i meant doing the hitting as of late, I apologize for the mistake.

chisox06
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM

lol, Ozuna's gonna knock Crede or Urbie outa the lineup? I would like to see that. Other than a utility infielder/pinch hitter the only other impact Ozuna is gonna have is making Harris a nice piece of trade bait for KW. Ozuna and Harris are very similar in almost every aspect of how they play, we dont need two of them. I think if we make a trade, considering the way Pablo has played, Harris may be gone.

tschneid83
06-27-2005, 08:31 PM
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

you have a point there

Ozuna38
06-27-2005, 08:43 PM
Every player has his role. Paul Konerko is our cleanup hitter. When he stuggled earlier in the year, Ozzie didn't move him down in the order. Why? Because Pauly is just that. Our cleanup hitter. Joe Crede is our third baseman ...

Comparing Konerko and Crede in that way isn't fair at all. When Crede puts up numbers like Konerko has you can make that argument that you should ride out his slumps. Pauly has proven what he is capable of and earned his right to be a solid fixture in the lineup. Joe hasn't, so if he's not getting it done, there's no reason not to give somebody else an oppurtunity.

fquaye149
06-28-2005, 12:46 AM
Comparing Konerko and Crede in that way isn't fair at all. When Crede puts up numbers like Konerko has you can make that argument that you should ride out his slumps. Pauly has proven what he is capable of and earned his right to be a solid fixture in the lineup. Joe hasn't, so if he's not getting it done, there's no reason not to give somebody else an oppurtunity.

yeah konerko's really lighting up the fantasy leauges with his .250 batting average

TaylorStSox
06-28-2005, 12:50 AM
yeah konerko's really lighting up the fantasy leauges with his .250 batting average

Couple that with his poor batting average with runners in scoring positions, his inability to hit situationaly and his poor defense. For the most part, I'm fine with Konerko. He's not as good as his salary and he doesn't deserve to be the fan favorite that he seems to be. With that said, he's adequate as a middle of the order guy. There's probably 10 first baseman that i'd rather have but he's who we're stuck with until next year.

balke
06-28-2005, 12:53 AM
Pablo can't hold Crede or Uribe's jock. He's been great, perfect utility guy. Defensively, Crede has twice the natural talent, and He's not anywhere close to Uribe. He does give 100% out there though, so I'm not even trying to take anything away from the guy. He'll never force Crede or Uribe out though, unless there's a money issue somewhere down the line and he ends up hitting around .300.

fquaye149
06-28-2005, 09:01 AM
Couple that with his poor batting average with runners in scoring positions, his inability to hit situationaly and his poor defense. For the most part, I'm fine with Konerko. He's not as good as his salary and he doesn't deserve to be the fan favorite that he seems to be. With that said, he's adequate as a middle of the order guy. There's probably 10 first baseman that i'd rather have but he's who we're stuck with until next year.

Absolutely. I'm fine with Paulie right no too. I'm just sick of people acting like he's any better for his position than Crede is for his. One's a middle of the pack 1B, one's a middle of the pack 3B

Ozuna38
06-28-2005, 04:31 PM

never said he was doing well.. just said he has earned his right to stay in the lineup while he's slumping.. he's had phenominal seasons in the past whereas Crede hasn't. Oh No, poor fantasy baseball performance!!!!