PDA

View Full Version : When will the experiment end?

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 09:08 PM
When will the Crede experiment end? He isn't gonna change. That last at-bat was brutal. It was pathetic.

Chisox003
06-26-2005, 09:09 PM
When will the Crede experiment end? He isn't gonna change. That last at-bat was brutal. It was pathetic.

:thud:

BlackHat91
06-26-2005, 09:11 PM
Come on man. Crede isnt that bad. Defensively he is pretty good. So he doesnt hit .300. Considering what we pay the guy, I think he is just fine.

buehrle4cy05
06-26-2005, 09:14 PM
Hating Crede is OK. Joe Randa is mmmuuuuccccchhh better.

FielderJones
06-26-2005, 09:23 PM
Sorry, but

:threadblows: (misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)

SABRSox
06-26-2005, 09:34 PM

It's also the sole reason we lost today...

I'm not a Crede fan, but he's been much worse in other games than he was in today's showing. I was actually impressed by his defense today, and I think he's overrated defensively...

:threadsucks

and so does your sig. Change it...

Lip Man 1
06-26-2005, 09:38 PM
The 'experiment' will last until the Sox have someone better to replace him. Last I looked, barring a deal, they don't have that somebody.

While I'd love to get someone who can hit 30 home runs and bat .285, I can also think of a lot of teams who have worse options at the hot corner. Overall as long as the team keeps winning, I don't have a serious issue with Joe.

Lip

ShoelessJoeS
06-26-2005, 09:38 PM
no, whats pathetic are these "trade joe crede" threads, please give it a rest

samram
06-26-2005, 09:47 PM
no, whats pathetic are these "trade joe crede" threads, please give it a rest

No kidding. For crying out loud, somehow, the damn team is 50-24 with him at third base, playing everyday. He's contributing in a positive way. And no, Joe Randa is not an upgrade, so enough talk about him.

Brian26
06-26-2005, 09:49 PM

I'm wondering when the "White Sox Josh" experiment will end, because I'm getting pretty sick of that ****ing sig that looks like Josh Paul.:D:

Chisox003
06-26-2005, 09:51 PM
Sorry, but

Dont say sorry, this thread does suck/blow

For awhile here, there have been no "Trade ______" threads....

But what do you know, we lose 2 in a row and

:chickenlittle

"Trade Konerko!!!" "Trade Crede!!!" "Trade Vizcaino even though he had nothing to do with the last 2 losses!!!"

There is already a rule on starters of attendance threads getting suspended, and I think the same should be enforced for threads like this...Terrible

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lowesox
06-26-2005, 09:58 PM
I wonder how many times people on this site pleaded for the Jon Garland experiment to be over?

JB98
06-26-2005, 09:59 PM

Sometimes I feel like you're beating a dead horse, and I don't know why you keep bringing me down....

ShoelessJoeS
06-26-2005, 10:00 PM
I'm wondering when the "White Sox Josh" experiment will end, because I'm getting pretty sick of that ****ing sig that looks like Josh Paul.:D:
that needed to be said, thanks brian

fquaye149
06-26-2005, 10:08 PM
Man. This White Sox squad just keeps twiddling knobs and fiddling around. I wish they would end all these goddamned experiments. I mean,

when will the ozzie guillen experiment end? Jeff Brantley (and even some mods here) think(s) he makes bad gametime decisions! Speaking of bullpen problems:

when will the Dustin Hermanson experiment end? he hasn't proven anything prior tto this year and he lost that game vs. cleveland and blew that save in a horrible fashion vs. San Diego! Speaking of free agent acquisitions:

when will the Iguchi experiment end? He has been lukewarm recently which means major league pitching has probably figured him out, also he didn't even have a hit today! Or record an assist or putout! We turned a double play without him. He's not an irreplaceable defensive 2B. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Willie Harris experiment end? So what if he's a decent sub in utility infielder and pinch runner. He will never be a star! Good teams will have all-stars sitting on their bench. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Carl Everett experiment end? He is not a good defensive outfielder and is a PR nightmare. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the AJ Pierzynski experiment end? He is not a good defensive catcher and is a clubhouse cancer. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Frank Thomas experiment end? He has NO speed, can't even play the field and only swings for the fences. I mean, he has more home runs than all other sorts of hits combined. That proves he's not a balanced player. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Scott Podsednik experiment end? US Cellular is a hitter's park and he doesn't even have a home run!!!! What a wimp! Plus look how many times he's been caught stealing. We can't afford to give runs away with our weak lineup. Speaking of giving runs away

when will the Freddy Garcia experiment end? He gives up so many first inning runs we are always fighting back when he's pitching. Plus we gave up future hall of famers Jeremy Reed and Miguel Olivo and that Morse character for him. Can't we just cut our losses and see if we can get a tradeback from the Mariners. We'd probalby have to throw Ben Davis in too though because that 9 million dollar contract is much more than Seattle would have had to pay him had they resigned him in the offseason. Speaking of bad transactions:

when will the Neal Cotts experiment end? He's a lefty who left-handed hitters hit better than right handed hitters. That's not a good thing! He'll never be effective, it's just flukey luck.

My goodness! we need to address these problems! Think - if we could just end these damn experiments, who knows where we could be... we could even have the best record in the AL Central. Maybe even the AL!

beckett21
06-26-2005, 10:10 PM
I wonder how many times people on this site pleaded for the Jon Garland experiment to be over?

I know it is a rhetorical question, but the answer is a countless number of times.

Crede makes me crazy at times, but I'm willing to continue to give him the benefit of the doubt for now. He will never be Scott Rolen, but Rolen himself was a bit of a late bloomer.

samram
06-26-2005, 10:13 PM
Man. This White Sox squad just keeps twiddling knobs and fiddling around. I wish they would end all these goddamned experiments. I mean,

when will the ozzie guillen experiment end? Jeff Brantley (and even some mods here) think(s) he makes bad gametime decisions! Speaking of bullpen problems:

when will the Dustin Hermanson experiment end? he hasn't proven anything prior tto this year and he lost that game vs. cleveland and blew that save in a horrible fashion vs. San Diego! Speaking of free agent acquisitions:

when will the Iguchi experiment end? He has been lukewarm recently which means major league pitching has probably figured him out, also he didn't even have a hit today! Or record an assist or putout! We turned a double play without him. He's not an irreplaceable defensive 2B. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Willie Harris experiment end? So what if he's a decent sub in utility infielder and pinch runner. He will never be a star! Good teams will have all-stars sitting on their bench. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Carl Everett experiment end? He is not a good defensive outfielder and is a PR nightmare. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the AJ Pierzynski experiment end? He is not a good defensive catcher and is a clubhouse cancer. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Frank Thomas experiment end? He has NO speed, can't even play the field and only swings for the fences. I mean, he has more home runs than all other sorts of hits combined. That proves he's not a balanced player. Which brings me to my next point:

when will the Scott Podsednik experiment end? US Cellular is a hitter's park and he doesn't even have a home run!!!! What a wimp! Plus look how many times he's been caught stealing. We can't afford to give runs away with our weak lineup. Speaking of giving runs away

when will the Freddy Garcia experiment end? He gives up so many first inning runs we are always fighting back when he's pitching. Plus we gave up future hall of famers Jeremy Reed and Miguel Olivo and that Morse character for him. Can't we just cut our losses and see if we can get a tradeback from the Mariners. We'd probalby have to throw Ben Davis in too though because that 9 million dollar contract is much more than Seattle would have had to pay him had they resigned him in the offseason. Speaking of bad transactions:

when will the Neal Cotts experiment end? He's a lefty who left-handed hitters hit better than right handed hitters. That's not a good thing! He'll never be effective, it's just flukey luck.

My goodness! we need to address these problems! Think - if we could just end these damn experiments, who knows where we could be... we could even have the best record in the AL Central. Maybe even the AL!

Great post. You've pointed out every flaw on this team. They should trade every last damned one of them for Joe Randa and Ted Lilly. At least that way they'll have a chance to catch Minnesota.

skobabe8
06-26-2005, 10:15 PM

:rolling:

That pretty much nails it.

RichFitztightly
06-26-2005, 10:15 PM
Sometimes I feel like you're beating a dead horse, and I don't know why you keep bringing me down....

I'd like to think that our love's
worth a tad more
It may sound funny but you'd think by now
I'd be smilin'
I guess some things never change
Never change

JB98
06-26-2005, 10:18 PM
I'd like to think that our love's
worth a tad more
It may sound funny but you'd think by now
I'd be smilin'
I guess some things never change
Never change

LOL

I thought about continuing the song, but since I don't have any love for White Sox Josh's rants about Crede, I decided to cut it off right there.

Tragg
06-26-2005, 10:29 PM

Now that's a good analogy.

I suggest we trade Crede, Sweeney and McCarthy for the great Joe Randa.

Banix12
06-26-2005, 10:32 PM
Here's a little limerick I wrote in about a minute. As such I haven't checked the rhyme scheme but it sounds Ok.

There once was a Crede named Joe.
His Average was incredibly low.
But he's great with the glove
So let's show him some love
Until Josh Fields is ready to go.

Seriously though, a moratorium on all "get rid of Joe Crede" threads should be enacted. It's just stupid.

ShoelessJoeS
06-26-2005, 10:37 PM
Here's a little limerick I wrote in about a minute. As such I haven't checked the rhyme scheme but it sounds Ok.

Seriously though, a moratorium on all "get rid of Joe Crede" threads should be enacted. It's just stupid.
impressive, nice limerick :D:

Banix12
06-26-2005, 10:40 PM
impressive, nice limerick :D:

Thanks, I knew that english degree was good for something

JB98
06-26-2005, 10:41 PM

Good job. I'd support that moratorium, as well as a moratorium on all Konerko threads.

Unfortunately, I don't know about Fields. His average is very Crede-like down in double-A. And unlike Joe, he's not "great with the glove." Let's hope he figures things out.

Banix12
06-26-2005, 10:48 PM
Good job. I'd support that moratorium, as well as a moratorium on all Konerko threads.

Unfortunately, I don't know about Fields. His average is very Crede-like down in double-A. And unlike Joe, he's not "great with the glove." Let's hope he figures things out.

Yeah, I kinda struggled with the last line. "Until Kenny trades for Chavez" just didn't fit the rhyme scheme.

I don't know how much faith I have in Fields just because of all the recent failures of Football QB turned baseball player the last few years, but he's still very young and still a pretty recent draft pick, so I'd say he has a few more years to figure things out.

Tragg
06-26-2005, 10:54 PM
Yeah, I kinda struggled with the last line. "Until Kenny trades for Chavez" just didn't fit the rhyme scheme.

I don't know how much faith I have in Fields just because of all the recent failures of Football QB turned baseball player the last few years, but he's still very young and still a pretty recent draft pick, so I'd say he has a few more years to figure things out.

Nah, I prefer the version as written. A $10mil/5year contract will cause JR to put KW in a straightjacket.

skobabe8
06-26-2005, 10:55 PM

Pretty sweet! I saw Fields in spring training and wasnt too impressed. Who is the brainiac that loves the baseball/football players and keeps drafting them. Outside of Todd Helton, it does not work!

Banix12
06-26-2005, 11:04 PM
Pretty sweet! I saw Fields in spring training and wasnt too impressed. Who is the brainiac that loves the baseball/football players and keeps drafting them. Outside of Todd Helton, it does not work!

Well Frank Thomas too. But yeah, the track record lately doesn't seem to be all that great. Especially with College QBs. I don't know what it is about the Quarterback position that doesn't seem to translate to baseball.

Jjav829
06-26-2005, 11:12 PM
Here's something that I thought might be interesting to some. What it means, I don't know. But it's interesting to note. If you look at the 3B production of the six teams currently in first place, here's how they stack up.

3B production by team:
Chicago: 10 HR, 31 RBI, .251/.316/.420/.736
Boston: 4 HR, 38 RBI, .296/.395/.428/.823
LA Angels: 8 HR, 30 RBI, .211/.265/.396/.661
Washington: 5 HR, 38 RBI, .254/.313/.384/.697
St. Louis: 7 HR, 37 RBI, .271/.348/.399/.747
San Diego: 5 HR, 22 RBI, .270/.339/.360/.698

It's worth noting that of the six division leaders, the Sox have actually received arguably the best play from their 3B thus far when you factor in everything, including defense. Now obviously once Scott Rolen heats up, he will significantly change this. Also, I'm obviously not trying to make some corelation between mediocre 3B offense and success, nor am I trying to say that good hitting 3B lead to bad team play. I just think it's worth noting that all six division leaders are winning despite not having great offensive production at the 3B spot.

Tragg
06-26-2005, 11:18 PM
Here's something that I thought might be interesting to some. What it means, I don't know. But it's interesting to note. If you look at the 3B production of the six teams currently in first place, here's how they stack up.

3B production by team:

It's worth noting that of the six division leaders, the Sox have actually received arguably the best play from their 3B thus far when you factor in everything, including defense. Now obviously once Scott Rolen heats up, he will significantly change this. Also, I'm obviously not trying to make some corelation between mediocre 3B offense and success, nor am I trying to say that good hitting 3B lead to bad team play. I just think it's worth noting that all six division leaders are winning despite not having great offensive production at the 3B spot.

Thanks for those stats.
We have 2 offensive holes on this team - that's not that bad, and I certainly wouldn't want to create a defensive hole in an attempt to plug it. As it is, he's got some power, which is better than no power with the rest of the offensive stats.

JB98
06-26-2005, 11:20 PM

3B production by team:

That is why I just laugh when I hear that Sean Burroughs might be available for the Sox. That's not an upgrade. The guy doesn't have any extra-base pop whatsoever. Also, there's a reason the Red Sox want to trade Bill Mueller. Namely, he's washed up. I'm not sure any of the third baseman on the trade market will make us a better team.

Good info, Jjav.

DaleJRFan
06-26-2005, 11:32 PM
What part of Joe Crede playing third base and hitting in the 8-spot is an experiment? He is there for defense. Not every player on the roster will hit 300/30/100... get over it already.

The Dude
06-26-2005, 11:53 PM

:dumbpeople:

PicktoCLick72
06-27-2005, 12:18 AM
I think White Sox Josh is Joe Randa lurking on this board.

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2005, 12:24 AM
:threadblows: (http://misc.php/?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=1&forumid=5#)quit freakin' out

SOXfnNlansing
06-27-2005, 12:25 AM
:threadsuckswe have 50 wins!

CubKilla
06-27-2005, 02:12 AM
I think White Sox Josh is Joe Randa lurking on this board.

That's funny..... but let's be total rubbers and pretend there's nothing wrong with losing 3 of 6 to the Cubs..... THE F'N CUBS!!!!!!

daveeym
06-27-2005, 07:35 AM
I'm wondering when the "White Sox Josh" experiment will end, because I'm getting pretty sick of that ****ing sig that looks like Josh Paul.:D: I called for a lefty out of the pen on that sig last week in a thread. Glad I've now gotten some support on it from you and others in this thread. TIME FOR A NEW SIG. That picture creeps me out and is now in my nightmares.

Ol' No. 2
06-27-2005, 09:09 AM

Unfortunately, I don't know about Fields. His average is very Crede-like down in double-A. And unlike Joe, he's not "great with the glove." Let's hope he figures things out.Let's just have a moratorium on ALL "Trade ___" threads where there isn't a reasonable alternative. Any dope can rant. If you haven't got anything better, that's all it is.

Baby Fisk
06-27-2005, 09:14 AM
Oh mercy...
http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2629

Cowhead418
06-27-2005, 09:26 AM
Yeah let's get rid of him for one AB. Going along those lines, why not trade Konerko, Thomas, and AJ for their awful ABs yesterday. And that Jon Garland? Yeah he sucks he threw ONE bad pitch to Patterson so he MUST be horrible. There is room for such travesties on this team.

doublem23
06-27-2005, 09:30 AM
All right, we've all had our fun.

Hitmen77
06-27-2005, 09:54 AM

Yes, how can the Sox just sit by as they rack up wins at their current pace?

I think the experiment will end when the NL opponent makes the final out in the fall classic at U.S. Cellular Field.

shoota
06-27-2005, 11:57 AM
No kidding. For crying out loud, somehow, the damn team is 50-24 with him at third base, playing everyday. He's contributing in a positive way. And no, Joe Randa is not an upgrade, so enough talk about him.

It is BECAUSE the team is 50-24 and playoff bound that an upgrade at third base is necessary. Because this team is having one of those rare, "special" years, the Sox need to capitalize on it and increase their chances of postseason winning.

If the Sox were sputtering around .500 all year, I wouldn't be as concerned about replacing Crede because he is young and inexpensive. But because the Sox are going to the postseason this year, and the ultimate goal is to win those games, the teams needs to upgrade.

In the postseason, Crede will be severly overmatched against good pitching. He will be an automatic out. KW needs to prevent this before it's too late.

A patient, contact hitter who doesn't fall behind in the count every at bat and has some power and can keep the line moving like Randa, is an improvement over the all-or-nothing, long-swing, dead-pull, padded-stats-when-the-game's-out-of-reach, .239 hitting Crede.

Randa is currently hitting .293, 12, 41
Crede is currently hitting .239, 10, 31

Randa not an upgrade over Crede my ass.

fquaye149
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
It is BECAUSE the team is 50-24 and playoff bound that an upgrade at third base is necessary. Because this team is having one of those rare, "special" years, the Sox need to capitalize on it and increase their chances of postseason winning.

If the Sox were sputtering around .500 all year, I wouldn't be as concerned about replacing Crede because he is young and inexpensive. But because the Sox are going to the postseason this year, and the ultimate goal is to win those games, the teams needs to upgrade.

In the postseason, Crede will be severly overmatched against good pitching. He will be an automatic out. KW needs to prevent this before it's too late.

A patient, contact hitter who doesn't fall behind in the count every at bat and has some power and can keep the line moving like Randa, is an improvement over the all-or-nothing, long-swing, dead-pull, padded-stats-when-the-game's-out-of-reach, .239 hitting Crede.

Randa is like Manos in the field

samram
06-27-2005, 12:55 PM

See, if you're going to talk about an upgrade, at least discuss a guy who is really an upgrade- Chavez. Furthermore, go back and check when Randa hit his homers and got his RBI to make sure they fit your scoring system. He may only have 9 HRs and maybe 37 RBI in your scheme.:D:

Chisox003
06-27-2005, 12:59 PM
These threads are getting old fast...

When the Sox lose 2 in a row, this site goes up for grabs....

It's like people forget that we're still 9 1/2 games up....

But immediatly, threads to trade guys, attendance threads, the current "This thread sucks" hotspot 'smallball foreshadowing' thread....These are all terrible subjects!!

I really cant believe how many people **** themselves after 2 losses....Homefish is gone, but his solid following, the FOHF are causing absolute havoc on this site

:dtroll: :dtroll: :chickenlittle :dtroll: :dtroll:

SOXSINCE'70
06-27-2005, 01:06 PM
The 'experiment' will last until the Sox have someone better to replace him. Last I looked, barring a deal, they don't have that somebody.

While I'd love to get someone who can hit 30 home runs and bat .285, I can also think of a lot of teams who have worse options at the hot corner. Overall as long as the team keeps winning, I don't have a serious issue with Joe.

Lip

Agreed.Live with the fact that the Sox have an above average defender
who can hit .260/.270,20 to 25 HR'S and knock in 70 to 80 runs.
He (Crede) is not Mike Schmidt offensively.Get used to it.:rolleyes:

maurice
06-27-2005, 01:47 PM
I can live with Crede at 3B but don't exagerrate his offensive capabilities. He hasn't batted anywhere near .260 since 2003. Over the past 2 seasons, he's been a .239 hitter and has shown no sign of improvement. Since he rarely walks, his OBP is cover-your-eyes bad, and he has 4 career SBs.

It's more accurate to descibe him as a .240 AVE, 20 HR, 70 RBI guy with little speed and few walks . . . probably worse with a different club. Those numbers should keep him in the league (and maybe with the Sox) as long as he continues to field well, but they're nothing to get excited about.

Baby Fisk
06-27-2005, 02:23 PM
Homefish is gone, but his solid following, the FOHF :o:
Damn, that's the most depressing thing posted all day.

Everything will be back to boisterous positivity when the Sox win tomorrow, this I ga-ron-tee.

wsbaseball9
06-27-2005, 03:11 PM
joe is a gold-glove caliber 3rd baseman with some of the plays he makes i could care less about his hitting, he probably would have already had a gold glove by now if didnt reside on the southside

shoota
06-27-2005, 04:21 PM
See, if you're going to talk about an upgrade, at least discuss a guy who is really an upgrade- Chavez. Furthermore, go back and check when Randa hit his homers and got his RBI to make sure they fit your scoring system. He may only have 9 HRs and maybe 37 RBI in your scheme.:D:

:D: haha, touche.

I think I'm going to stop talking about Crede because re-reading some of my Crede posts, I sound mean, which I'm not.

I reserve the right to talk about Crede stuff yet to happen: i.e., if he is traded, or to compliment him in the postgame thread for a nice catch, and to update my 2005 scoring guide.