PDA

View Full Version : Bogus: Hudson traded to Chicago for Lee, K. Wells, Howry, and player to be named.

HootieMcBoob
11-18-2001, 01:11 AM
Naw, not really, but they are talking about this trade on the whitesox.com Message Board and I found it interesting.

Carlos
Kip
Howry
One of our 3 catchers

to Oakland for Tim Hudson.

If they don't take this MAYBE throw in

and either Glover/Ginter.

I love this trade - It frees up that outfield spot for Rowand in LF(later in the year it will be Rowand in CF, Borchard in LF). It gets us our very needed starting pitcher. Plus we get rid of the gascan.

It all depends if KW has the balls to go out and do a bold move like this.

I'd say both teams would do well in the trade. Oakland will definitely need some offense after losing Giambi and Damon.

A rotation w/ Buehrle, Hudson and Garland would look pretty sweet, along w/ Parque and Wright/Lowe/Rauch - Young, but extremely talented.

Would you do this or do you think Kip and C Lee are worth hanging on to???

CLR01
11-18-2001, 01:19 AM
Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
Naw, not really, but they are talking about this trade on the whitesox.com Message Board and I found it interesting.

Carlos
Kip
Howry
One of our 3 catchers

I love this trade - It frees up that outfield spot for Rowand in LF(later in the year it will be Rowand in CF, Borchard in LF). It gets us our very needed starting pitcher. Plus we get rid of the gascan.

I'd say both teams would do well in the trade. Oakland will definitely need some offense after losing Giambi and Damon.

A rotation w/ Buehrle, Hudson and Garland would look pretty sweet, along w/ Parque and Wright/Lowe/Rauch - Young, but extremely talented.

I would like to see them hang on to kipper for atleast one more season. Who knows maybe he could put it together. But its not a bad trade.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by CLR01
I would like to see them hang on to kipper for atleast one more season. Who knows maybe he could put it together. But its not a bad trade.

My heart stopped when I saw the title of this thread. I'd do the deal if it were possible.

FarWestChicago
11-18-2001, 01:43 AM
I really should come up with a penalty system for using subject lines like that. Actually, I may have one soon. :smile:

Bmr31
11-18-2001, 01:45 AM
Originally posted by FarWestChicago
I really should come up with a penalty system for using subject lines like that. Actually, I may have one soon. :smile:

you should....although i knew it was fake. No way in hell oakland would do it.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 01:46 AM

Penalty system?
What do you lose 5 posts? Do you get banned for a week?

I'll be watching to see what your up to FWC.

GASHWOUND
11-18-2001, 02:05 AM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

My heart stopped when I saw the title of this thread. I'd do the deal if it were possible.

At first I thought "What the F***!?" But I'm listening to the Score and nothing came up abot that. Why would they make a blockbuster deal like that at this time of night? I would jump over backwards for that deal.

GASHWOUND
11-18-2001, 02:11 AM

Penalty system?
What do you lose 5 posts? Do you get banned for a week?

I'll be watching to see what your up to FWC.

Was FWC serious? I try tomorrow and see what he does. :smile:

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 02:16 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND
Was FWC serious? I try tomorrow and see what he does. :smile:

I think he was, but I doubt he would have it in place so quickly.

FarWestChicago
11-18-2001, 02:16 AM

I think he was, but I doubt he would have it in place so quickly. Good call.

Jerry_Manuel
11-18-2001, 02:19 AM
Good call.

But I do know that it takes only seconds to get rid of that damn rotating smiley. Do the right thing for all the parties involved and send our enemy(friend to some) away.

GASHWOUND
11-18-2001, 02:41 AM

But I do know that it takes only seconds to get rid of that damn rotating smiley. Do the right thing for all the parties involved and send our enemy(friend to some) away.

Oh, I like the smiley. Maybe West can do like I mention before and put a rotating Sox logo. It is the best logo n MLB and I think it would look cool.

MarqSox
11-18-2001, 03:06 AM

Carlos
Kip
Howry
One of our 3 catchers

Quit that

RedPinStripes
11-18-2001, 06:44 AM

No doubt. I knew this thread was too good to be true.

kermittheefrog
11-18-2001, 07:35 AM

Carlos
Kip
Howry
One of our 3 catchers

Wow Oakland would surely make this deal. I'm sure since they stress plate discipline they'll love Carlos Lee. And with their payroll constraints they'll be happy to pay Bob Howry over a million a year for middle relief. They would have no issues giving up their great young starter Tim Hudson who they have locked up.

I'm not ripping on you, I just hate rumored trades. First of all there is no way to tell if there is even a shred of truth behind them even if the press is the source. Secondly none of them happen, ever. We always got rumors of Robin Ventura being traded and for two years rumors of Shammy leaving the Flubs. A couple years ago they were talking about Irod getting traded and for a bit this year too.

If a trade is being talked about in the press you can pretty much bank on it not happening except for cases like Griffey Jr. who made his private issues public and created a media circus for leaving Seattle with his whining. Not that the Reds didn't throw any fuel on the fire, I remember Griffey Sr. talking about how if he was running the show for the Reds he would never give the M's Pokey Reese in a deal for his son. Good to know Griffey Sr. won't be running a franchise anytime soon. I could just see a Griffey Sr. infield. Pokey Reese, Rey Ordonez, David Bell and Travis Lee. All batting about .260 with no power and Lee providing a few walks.

WinningUgly!
11-18-2001, 09:08 AM
I'd do the deal in a heartbeat. Two guys with good pontential, who have been streaky at best, along with the damn Gascan? Where do I sign? Like Bmr said, though..."i knew it was fake. No way in hell oakland would do it."

Too good to be true!

oldcomiskey
11-18-2001, 09:44 AM
I too would love to see Hudson in the rotation---but Borchard will not be up in 2002....too soon...

LongDistanceFan
11-18-2001, 11:01 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by HootieMcBoob
this is a bad way to get peoples attention about a rumored trade.

duke of dorwood
11-18-2001, 11:29 AM
It isnt that ridiculous. Oakland could be planning for the post-Giambi era by doing something like this.

:walk

They ought to get Jermaine Dye too if I am included

LongDistanceFan
11-18-2001, 12:00 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
It isnt that ridiculous. Oakland could be planning for the post-Giambi era by doing something like this.

i am not saying anything about the quality of the rumor, its the way it was presented.

HootieMcBoob
11-18-2001, 05:51 PM

Yes, that was the point of that title, to make people crap in their pants...

I got people's attention didn't I?

Well even if the trade rumor has no truth, it's still fun to do the "what ifs" and see people's reactions (if they like the deal or not).

I was just passing this rumor over from the whitesox.com message board, I didn't make it up.

Do you think that the Sox management ever reads these posts to see what the fans want???

Bmr31
11-18-2001, 05:55 PM

Yes, that was the point of that title, to make people crap in their pants...

I got people's attention didn't I?

Well even if the trade rumor has no truth, it's still fun to do the "what ifs" and see people's reactions (if they like the deal or not).

I was just passing this rumor over from the whitesox.com message board, I didn't make it up.

Do you think that the Sox management ever reads these posts to see what the fans want???

It was a childish post that is not appreciated here. I dont think im alone here.

HootieMcBoob
11-18-2001, 06:07 PM
haha sorry.

It was beacause I made it sound official like "AP: Hudson...." wasn't it?

Did I get your hopes up.......no - you said u knew it was a fake, so why do u care ? ?

Bmr31
11-18-2001, 06:11 PM
haha sorry.

It was beacause I made it sound official like "AP: Hudson...." wasn't it?

Did I get your hopes up.......no - you said u knew it was a fake, so why do u care ? ?

If i wanted to read the National Enquirer, id go buy it......

LongDistanceFan
11-19-2001, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by Bmr31

It was a childish post that is not appreciated here. I dont think im alone here. people post what if trade here, but not as "oh i got your attention" attitude. i agree with bmr.

HootieMcBoob
11-19-2001, 12:45 AM
lighten up guys, jeez. cry me a river.

doublem23
11-19-2001, 12:58 AM

LMAO, Hootie! I thinks us baseball players are a little more mellow...

Bmr31
11-19-2001, 02:02 AM

ok i will lighten up. You join reality. deal?

Viva Magglio
11-19-2001, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by GASHWOUND

But I'm listening to the Score and nothing came up abot that. .

The Score would not talk about it if Frank Thomas was traded for Barry Bonds. It's football season for Football Radio 670.

LongDistanceFan
11-19-2001, 09:36 AM
lighten up guys, jeez. cry me a river. yep you sound your age bud.

LongDistanceFan
11-19-2001, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

LMAO, Hootie! I thinks us baseball players are a little more mellow... so i played hs ball as well, so what is your point?

RedPinStripes
11-19-2001, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by doublem23

LMAO, Hootie! I thinks us baseball players are a little more mellow...

I played H.S. ball, and I play now. I was never mellow. It's funny how the bat just slips from your hands on a low and outside pitch after they threw at you.

doublem23
11-19-2001, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by ComiskeyBum
I played H.S. ball, and I play now. I was never mellow. It's funny how the bat just slips from your hands on a low and outside pitch after they threw at you.

Oh, well, on the field I'm a raving lunatic... parltly why I got moved from RF/LF to 3B (My coach figures there are less people to hurt... :smile: heh heh).... I don't know, there's just something about the guys that play ball... Off the field, we're always just more "go with the flow..." Probably because we get a chance to release all our tension by smacking a tiny, white ball as hard as possible...

But who knows?

HootieMcBoob
11-19-2001, 03:59 PM
<<Admin's Note>>

I have removed this inflammatory post and closed the thread. Let it go everybody.