PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody really care anymore?

buehrle4cy05
06-26-2005, 05:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2094697

The Giants are 11 games back of the 1st place Padres in the NL West. Barry Bonds coming back should really be a non-issue.

I would sure hate to be Pedro Gomez.

itsnotrequired
06-26-2005, 06:42 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=2094697

The Giants are 11 games back of the 1st place Padres in the NL West. Barry Bonds coming back should really be a non-issue.

Someone must still care. ESPN has had the "Bonds Tracker" ink on its stat page for the whole season. Worthless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/hammer

NonetheLoaiza
06-26-2005, 06:51 PM
Someone must still care. ESPN has had the "Bonds Tracker" ink on its stat page for the whole season. Worthless.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/features/hammer

Haha. Projected date to pass Ruth: April 2005

Kogs35
06-26-2005, 07:09 PM
i guess espn still cares since they picked up the july10th game vs st.louis for sunday night baseball

Banix12
06-26-2005, 07:12 PM
I think the majority of fans have been actually rather pleased by the fact that Barry hasn't been around. He's just a distraction from what has been a very good baseball year. One of the more competitive years we have had in awhile.

Foulke You
06-26-2005, 07:14 PM
I've been wondering myself who outside of SF really cares about Bonds coming back. ESPN talks more about Bonds than they do about all Sox players combined. The Giants are done and in my opinion, are going to start selling players soon. I won't even get into the fact that the guy is a steroid pumped racist fraud...:angry:

duke of dorwood
06-26-2005, 07:21 PM
Who cares about that racist ?

Tragg
06-26-2005, 10:33 PM
He should just retire know, leaving Babe's record intact, and no one will remember the S word.

On a related note, Chimp, on a Braves broadcast this weekend, said something along the lines of this about Samme: "I don't know how to say this, but physically he looks like a competely different player than he did last year."
Uh huh, Uh huh

The Racehorse
06-26-2005, 10:38 PM
He should just retire know, leaving Babe's record intact, and no one will remember the S word.

Stoooopid?

:)

Brian26
06-26-2005, 10:46 PM
On a related note, Chimp, on a Braves broadcast this weekend, said something along the lines of this about Samme: "I don't know how to say this, but physically he looks like a competely different player than he did last year."

Hahaha, I actually heard that too. It was Friday's telecast. Chip was with Joe Simpson and Ron Gant. He said, "I covered Sammy in Chicago for seven years, and he physically looks a lot different this year." I've gained a lot of respect for Chip lately.

Jjav829
06-26-2005, 10:55 PM
No one cares. Go away, Barry. Enjoy retirement. Maybe it will convince the Giants to trade us Jason Schmidt, rather than holding out hope for 2006 only to be let down by another year of mediocrity and Bonds injuries.

Banix12
06-26-2005, 11:35 PM
Hahaha, I actually heard that too. It was Friday's telecast. Chip was with Joe Simpson and Ron Gant. He said, "I covered Sammy in Chicago for seven years, and he physically looks a lot different this year." I've gained a lot of respect for Chip lately.

Yeah, me too. He's really cut lose and doesn't seem afraid to say a lot of things. So it really was the Tribune company holding Chip down, it seems now he's not a half bad broadcaster after so many lousy years with Fox and the Cubs

Rocklive99
06-27-2005, 12:15 AM

I just hate Pedro Gomez

Flight #24
06-27-2005, 10:07 AM
No one cares. Go away, Barry. Enjoy retirement. Maybe it will convince the Giants to trade us Jason Schmidt, rather than holding out hope for 2006 only to be let down by another year of mediocrity and Bonds injuries.

I don't want them to trade us Jason Schmidt unless they send along the 5-10MPH on his fastball that they're apparently keeping from him.

RKMeibalane
06-27-2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah, me too. He's really cut lose and doesn't seem afraid to say a lot of things. So it really was the Tribune company holding Chip down, it seems now he's not a half bad broadcaster after so many lousy years with Fox and the Cubs

I agree. I think the problem was that WGN forced Chip to tone down his boardcasts so that the "Cubs fans" could understand what he was talking about. I talked with someone in broadcasting a while ago, and he told me that broadcast teams often have to tailor their telecasts to fit their fanbase, especailly if the fanbase is relatively new to the game, or just isn't too bright. I don't need to mention which of these is the problem for the Cubs fanbase.

MHOUSE
06-28-2005, 03:42 AM
The Giants need to sell everyone they can before July 31st and start over. They looked like they had a veteran club ready for one last hurrah, but it's not going to happen. Sell Alou, Grissom, Snow, Schmidt, anyone they can get anything for and rebuild. Their youngest starter on offense is like 31 I think. Their bullpen is a mess without Benitez and their other experienced starters (Reuter and Tomko) have been brutal. It's over for the Giants and not even Barry Bonds can save them, this year or next.