PDA

View Full Version : Turning point

MERPER
06-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Usually I'm very optimistic about the Sox, but the last 2 games made me sick... Every year, including last year, the second Cubs-Sox series turns one season around and breaks the other...

I can't think of a more appropriate situation here... Cubs were on their heels after Friday and walk away with a series win to build on with Prior and Wood coming back.... they just beat the best team in baseball 2 of 3 at our house and can look at this series as the turning point

On the other hand, the Sox just lost 2 of 3 to a very mediocre team and if history shows anything, this will be where we fall back to the rest of the pack and possibly even miss the playoffs.... sad day all in all!

:whiner:

Banix12
06-26-2005, 05:52 PM
I'm so glad that was in Teal.

If anything this was just the usual letdown after an eight game winning streak.

RedPinStripes
06-26-2005, 06:01 PM
Still lost 2 of 3 to a team struggling to remain above .500. I love it!!!!! No..... really.....

voodoochile
06-26-2005, 06:05 PM
Teal or not...

:threadsucks:

RedPinStripes
06-26-2005, 06:07 PM
Teal or not...

You a pimp Voodoo. Anybody making fun of this not knowing this is gonna be thrown in our face later on this season is a gimp.

Jurr
06-26-2005, 06:08 PM
Teal or not...

http://images.google.com/images?q=tbn:UOUV8b0lyH8J:www.firstunitarianclevel and.org/music%2520of%2520the%2520black%2520church/photos/MfoBC-03-1stuu%26Eastview2.JPGAAAAAAMMMENNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jurr
06-26-2005, 06:10 PM
You a pimp Voodoo. Anybody making fun of this not knowing this is gonna be thrown in our face later on this season is a gimp.
:?: :?: :thud:

DMarte708
06-26-2005, 06:24 PM

After the Cubs swept us at Wrigley Field in front of a national audience I thought it would be a turning point for both clubs. It wasn't. Later in the month the White Sox clawed their way atop the division. Cubs didn't fare too well the next several weeks.

However, I believe this particular series may be different. Not due to the outcome of the three games, but key players (Wood/Prior) are returning from injuries and the team will likely begin meshing together. The Sox, whether or not anyone is willing to admit it, are due for a slump. Unless you believe they're capable of playing .700 ball the remainder of the year. Unfortunately, if both hold true we'll have to hear from Cub propogandist/Friends of Homefish how this series springboarded the Cubs and sunk the Sox.

And if you think this is a pivotal moment, remembe what happened to Atlanta last year. Within a week, they were on the tail end of both a 18 K peformance and a perfect game. They rebounded to win the division for the 12th straight year.

voodoochile
06-26-2005, 06:31 PM
After the Cubs swept us at Wrigley Field in front of a national audience I thought it would be a turning point for both clubs. It wasn't. Later in the month the White Sox clawed their way atop the division. Cubs didn't fare too well the next several weeks.

However, I believe this particular series may be different. Not due to the outcome of the three games, but key players (Wood/Prior) are returning from injuries and the team will likely begin meshing together. The Sox, whether or not anyone is willing to admit it, are due for a slump. Unless you believe they're capable of playing .700 ball the remainder of the year. Unfortunately, if both hold true we'll have to hear from Cub propogandist/Friends of Homefish how this series springboarded the Cubs and sunk the Sox.

And if you think this is a pivotal moment, remembe what happened to Atlanta last year. Within a week, they were on the tail end of both a 18 K peformance and a perfect game. They rebounded to win the division for the 12th straight year.

:whoflungpoo

That does it for this thread... off to WTS where it belongs...

AnkleSox
06-27-2005, 02:45 AM
if the sox allow one meaningless series to send them into a tailspin, then they would never be able to make it past the first round of the playoffs anyway.

the sox lost series to oakland and tampa bay, who are both worse ballclubs than the cubs. they seemed to rebound perfectly fine afterwords.

People put way too much stock in these series... talking about how the sox choked in a playoff-type situation. Well they took 2 out of 3 at wrigley, and with the rowdiness there I'd say that was just as intense an atmosphere. Not to mention that thus far they've simply dominated their AL central opponents, the teams who, during the season, it is most important not to choke against.

Let the cubs rush their pitchers back to action just to see them get injured again. Let the cubs and their fans have all the press, and let wrigley have all the piss.

It doesn't seem like a team that's already put together 3 8-game winning streaks this year is going to fade out because they split a series with their obviously still inferior crosstown rivals.