PDA

View Full Version : TorII-Twins can't catch White Sox

SoxxoS
06-26-2005, 03:21 PM
Wow. Just hoping to sneak in the Wild Card. (http://www.startribune.com/stories/503/5476366.html)

"We can't keep up with the White Sox -- they're ripping through everybody," Hunter said. "They've got the best record in the major leagues. If people say we need to keep up with the White Sox, then we've got no chance.

From the Star Tribune.

Jurr
06-26-2005, 03:26 PM
I don't believe it at all. Torii is hoping the Sox are paying as much attention to the Twins as they are to the Sox. He's hoping the Sox lay off the throttle, thinking the opposition has conceded. No way.

jeremydavid
06-26-2005, 03:34 PM
quote from that another twinkies outfielder circa April after we served them.

"This series will be long forgotten," said pitcher Brad Radke, whose three-run, complete-game effort was wasted by another day of missed chances. "It's April. We don't play them until August again? It doesn't matter. There's a long way to go."

As he dressed at his locker, right fielder Jacque Jones was dancing and bouncing to the beat of the clubhouse music.

"Look around. Does it look like we're worried?" the Twins right fielder said. "It's early, dude."

It's sweet to be up by this much, this early

DuckSnort
06-26-2005, 03:35 PM
Wow indeed. Some respect from him is nice to see. Even if it is an underhanded plot to get us to slow down :D:

gosox3072
06-26-2005, 07:04 PM
Do you really think torii hunter is gonna give up? Hes one of the best and most respected players in the game.....im sure this is just to make us lose our grip so they can comeback. Im confident, but its still early

LuvSox
06-26-2005, 07:39 PM
quote from that another twinkies outfielder circa April after we served them.

It's sweet to be up by this much, this early

I'd say the same things in April. It's still early now too.

NonetheLoaiza
06-26-2005, 07:55 PM
It's called reverse psychology. Sure...go ahead...take the division, we don't want it.

samram
06-26-2005, 08:02 PM
False modesty sucks.

34 Inch Stick
06-27-2005, 12:15 PM
When the Cardinals have a 10 game lead everyone believes that race is over. When it is the Sox everyone still considers the division in play.

ilsox7
06-27-2005, 12:18 PM
When the Cardinals have a 10 game lead everyone believes that race is over. When it is the Sox everyone still considers the division in play.

Well, the Twins are a proven winner. The Cubs and the rest of that division are not. Not being a downer here, just saying that the team chasing us is good.

gobears1987
06-27-2005, 12:26 PM
Is't this the same Torii Hunter who said he wasn't intimidated by the smart ball Sox. They've been playing smart ball for a while and we beat them at their own game. :supernana:

24thStFan
06-27-2005, 12:34 PM
Torii's just blowing smoke. Don't believe a word of it. He's trying to light a fire under his team. He still wants to win the AL Central.

Remember this--

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2361

He'll do it again if he gets the chance!!!!!

PorkChopExpress
06-27-2005, 01:50 PM
Torii's just blowing smoke. Don't believe a word of it. He's trying to light a fire under his team. He still wants to win the AL Central.

Remember this--

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=2361

He'll do it again if he gets the chance!!!!!

But this year he'll be running into this --
:AJ:

-- and don't tell me that won't make a difference!

Pilgrim
06-27-2005, 02:13 PM
I cant bring myself to hate the Twins. Gardenhire is a smart manager who can be fiery when he needs to be...the players aren't a bunch of jerk-offs that I wouldn't let my nephew hang out with...i havent heard them once complain over-the-top about the injuries they have had contributing to the last two/three weeks (something like using 6 different 2nd basemen and 3 different shortstops) I think we need two teams in the AL Central peaking to push the central further in the playoffs. Maybe this will be the year.