PDA

View Full Version : Bad Feeling?

soxwon
06-26-2005, 11:43 AM
is everyone confident we will win today(sun)
i woke up with a bad feeling, about this game.
Am i the only one worried?

White Sox Josh
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
Am i the only one worried?They will win. Don't worry about it.

johnny_mostil
06-26-2005, 11:49 AM
They will win. Don't worry about it.

So what if they lose? To MARK PRIOR? It happens.

Worst case scenario is a 9 1/2 game lead!

What worries me is Prior getting hurt again (as a baseball fan, that is). Using him today is just preposterous. If Ozzie abused his pitchers like Cub managers routinely do, we'd call for his head.

DrCrawdad
06-26-2005, 11:54 AM
Steve Drone picked the Cubbies to win 2 of 3. IIRC Drone picked the Cubbies to win 2 of 3 at Wrigley as well.

Podzilla_40
06-26-2005, 12:05 PM
I doubt we win this game. Prior is a great pitcher. Most definitely my favorite non-Sox pitcher. We'll probably get 1 or 2 off of him and lose 4-3 after someone hits a bomb off Dempster in the ninth to make it interesting.

CHISOXFAN13
06-26-2005, 12:11 PM
I doubt we win this game. Prior is a great pitcher. Most definitely my favorite non-Sox pitcher. We'll probably get 1 or 2 off of him and lose 4-3 after someone hits a bomb off Dempster in the ninth to make it interesting.

Garland isn't half bad himself. In fact, JG is 7-0 with a sub-3 ERA at home this season.

But hey, he's no Prior.

Lip Man 1
06-26-2005, 12:16 PM
My only concern is Contreres' inconsistency and Hernandez's creaky right arm / elbow/ shoulder.

For those reasons I wouldn't have an issue with Kenny picking up a starting pitcher. As long as he doesn't give up 3-1 or 4-1 and the guy keeps the Sox in most games that he happens to start, giving them a chance to win, I'd be satisfied.

Lip

JB98
06-26-2005, 01:16 PM

No, I'm very worried about this game too. I'm trying to rationalize the worry as being a good thing. I was very confident yesterday, and we got our butts kicked. Maybe I'm better off fearing the worst.

21whitesoxway
06-26-2005, 01:20 PM
is there anyway to delete this crap?

SOX ADDICT '73
06-26-2005, 01:32 PM
No, I'm very worried about this game too. I'm trying to rationalize the worry as being a good thing. I was very confident yesterday, and we got our butts kicked. Maybe I'm better off fearing the worst.
So you were more confident yesterday, with our shakiest pitcher (which isn't saying much, BTW) going against a future HOFer and one of the smartest pitchers in the league, than you are today, with the winningest pitcher (tied for, anyway) in MLB going against someone coming off a serious injury, with no rehab starts, and on a pitch count? And that's without putting our lineup against theirs. Relax, and enjoy the game.

Rocklive99
06-26-2005, 01:46 PM
Nah, i had a worse feeling yesterday, and the better team doesn't always win, so even if you are great team, take into account that there will be at least 50-60 losses to go through throughout the season, but I like todays matchup

Chisox003
06-26-2005, 01:57 PM
:threadsucks .

Unregistered
06-26-2005, 02:02 PM
Nah, i had a worse feeling yesterday, and the better team doesn't always win, so even if you are great team, take into account that there will be at least 50-60 losses to go through throughout the season, but I like todays matchup
I agree. I figured yesterday's game to be a loss before it even started. Just had a bad feeling about Contreras vs. Maddux.

Today though, I think we'll get the W. The whole team was thinking 2 of 3 from the start, so you can bet they're gonna come out swinging today.

SOXSINCE'70
06-26-2005, 05:14 PM

No.You knew this would be a tough game.
And,of course,the Messiah pitches a shutout.:angry:

SOXSINCE'70
06-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Steve Drone picked the Cubbies to win 2 of 3. IIRC Drone picked the Cubbies to win 2 of 3 at Wrigley as well.

Too bad he forgot that he had much better years on the
SOUTH side as opposed the "Dark" side.

soxwon
06-26-2005, 05:24 PM
No.You knew this would be a tough game.
And,of course,the Messiah pitches a shutout.:angry:

i hate it when im right about being negative.
just had a feeling.
ok now for the rant:
im really pissed off- the sox win 9 in a row and bendover for the cubs.
i loathe the cubs, id rather lose to the twins.
who won by the way!!!
garland pitched just as good as prior, if not better.
he had more strikes than prior.every hitter he was 1-2 on
we should have routed prior, now i have to deal with cubs fans'screamin, you guys suck, we beat you in your own park.
theyre still talkin playoffs 2 games out of the wild card.
baseball is not just, we work our asses off to win 50
and the cubs have shot at the wild card, i just want to vomit.
there were more cubs fans at sundays game than sox, how could this happen.
what sox fans dare give cubs fans tickets?
they should be shot.
i know we are still 9-1/2 in front
but we LOST to the FRICKIn chubs.
im really ticked off, really Po'd.
thanks for listening
i feel better.

FarWestChicago
06-26-2005, 05:54 PM
i hate it when im right about being negative.Oh **** off!! You're such a genius for predicting a loss. Unreal stupidity. :rolleyes:

JB98
06-26-2005, 06:15 PM
So you were more confident yesterday, with our shakiest pitcher (which isn't saying much, BTW) going against a future HOFer and one of the smartest pitchers in the league, than you are today, with the winningest pitcher (tied for, anyway) in MLB going against someone coming off a serious injury, with no rehab starts, and on a pitch count? And that's without putting our lineup against theirs. Relax, and enjoy the game.

Yes, I was more confident yesterday. We beat Maddux at the Cell last year and earlier this season at Wrigley. I felt we could beat him again. Unfortunately, we didn't. As for Prior, we never do anything against him. So yeah, I was worried about facing him. I guess I had reason to be worried. I couldn't ask for a better effort from Garland. Jon only made one bad pitch all day, and we still lost this game.

mdep524
06-26-2005, 07:41 PM
... theyre still talkin playoffs 2 games out of the wild card.
baseball is not just, we work our asses off to win 50
and the cubs have shot at the wild card, i just want to vomit. ... OK, most of that post, and this entire thread, is totally bogus. But isn't it something how NL teams at .500 are in the thick of the Wildcard race? The AL is much stronger this season.

jeremydavid
06-26-2005, 08:20 PM
whats up with the pointless bashing in this thread of prior. he's a very good injury prone pitcher. if we had him we would treat him like a god too.

FarWestChicago
06-26-2005, 08:25 PM
whats up with the pointless bashing in this thread of prior. he's a very good injury prone pitcher. if we had him we would treat him like a god too.We have a very good non-injury prone pitcher and we don't treat him like a god.

:crossdresser

jeremydavid
06-26-2005, 08:44 PM
speak for yourself.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52283&highlight=buerhle

The difference you are talking about is in the media. buerhle gets his credit amongst fans and deserves it. who is to say prior doesn't? It is the perception of many shaped by the media of Prior that annoys Sox fans. And it should.

JB98
06-26-2005, 08:53 PM
speak for yourself.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52283&highlight=buerhle

The difference you are talking about is in the media. buerhle gets his credit amongst fans and deserves it. who is to say prior doesn't? It is the perception of many shaped by the media of Prior that annoys Sox fans. And it should.

There was a Prior vs. Buerhle thing going on over on Illiniboard, and for some reason, the Cards fans were siding with the Cubs fans. I was the only one defending Buerhle, so I gave up. I was really stunned because I didn't think the media had the St. Louis fans brainwashed too.

My feeling is both of those pitchers are equally effective, although they are different types of pitchers. I'd just rather have Buerhle because we can count on him to make his starts. Prior has been on the DL five times in the last two years. He's great when healthy, as we saw today, but what good is an ace if he can't make 30+ starts a year for you? The media don't see it that way. They just see Prior's 95 mph heater, and they go "ooh" and "aah."

Lip Man 1
06-26-2005, 09:50 PM
I'd just be happy if the 'newbies' starting using capital letters!!!!!

YIKES!

Lip