PDA

View Full Version : Eddy Curry=Sox fan?

ChiSoxRowand
06-25-2005, 10:32 PM
I know he threw out the first pitch today, and I was wondering if he is really a Sox fan. I would not be suprised if he is since he is from South Holland. BTW did anybody see the picture that CSN showed of him standing next to Frank? Wow! I have never seen a guy stand next to Frank who is that much bigger than him.

SABRSox
06-25-2005, 10:38 PM
I know he threw out the first pitch today, and I was wondering if he is really a Sox fan. I would not be suprised if he is since he is from South Holland. BTW did anybody see the picture that CSN showed of him standing next to Frank? Wow! I have never seen a guy stand next to Frank who is that much bigger than him.

Curry bigger than Frank? I don't believe it. Do you have a picture of this? Pardon my doubts, but I just can't picture that...

DumpJerry
06-25-2005, 10:39 PM
Who knows? He does work for Uncle Jerry.

Joosh
06-25-2005, 10:43 PM
Curry was massive. However, I only saw Thomas' head while they were talking. I'd have to look at them side by side.

But there were no doubts Curry was a huge guy.

whtsx1959
06-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Who knows? He does work for Uncle Jerry.

Most likely JR was behind this, kind of a cross promotion.

Bulls good = sox good? (I eyes of non-sox fans)

**Probably an over-analysis

dcb33
06-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Curry bigger than Frank? I don't believe it. Do you have a picture of this? Pardon my doubts, but I just can't picture that...

From chicagobulls.com and whitesox.com:
Curry- 6'11'', 285lbs.
Big Hurt- 6'5", 275lbs.

http://www.nba.com/media/playerfile/eddy_curry.jpg
"Root for the Sox? Hey, as long as Uncle Jerry gives me a fat contract that'll work for me..."

SABRSox
06-25-2005, 10:47 PM
Most likely JR was behind this, kind of a cross promotion.

Bulls good = sox good? (I eyes of non-sox fans)

**Probably an over-analysis

Nah... Curry just got some good news on his heart, and if anything, I think JR wanted to show him a little appreciation. But maybe the fact that Curry is a restricted free agent this year has something to do with it...

dickallen15
06-25-2005, 11:05 PM
During the national anthem Curry was standing next to Frank. I told my friend to look at them. Curry made Frank look like a little boy.

Soxzilla
06-25-2005, 11:27 PM
Yes, Curry completely overshadowed Frank while they stood together for the national anthem...it was pretty crazy to see. I would've loved to see Harris standing next to him.:tongue:

TimoandAaron
06-25-2005, 11:33 PM
I went to a Brother Rice vs. Thornwood game while curry was playing HS ball. While i was walking to the exit, curry walked right past me. At that point in my life, i was about 4'10" so i looked way up and said wow!:o:

Rocklive99
06-26-2005, 12:01 AM
I was in the shower, and heard Rooney commenting on it, I guess they showed a shot, and they made similar comments of not seeing someone make Frank look small

BeviBall!
06-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Yes, Curry completely overshadowed Frank while they stood together for the national anthem...it was pretty crazy to see. I would've loved to see Harris standing next to him.:tongue:

And the guy still couldn't average double-digit rebounds in high school.

Streets
06-26-2005, 02:29 AM
I ran into Ed at a bar in the region, I mean literally ran into him; I turned around and my head was at his waist. A friend pointed him out earlier in the night but I didn't bother looking for him, but I also didn't expect to bump and then look all the way up to see how much he towered over me!

The Wall
06-26-2005, 02:34 AM
I dont know if he is a sox fan or not but he (and Tyson Chandler) did sing at the urinal last year before their season started.

chaerulez
06-26-2005, 07:22 AM
Yeah the only way to find out if they are a fan would probably be if they actually said it. Throwing out the first pitch or singing at the 7th inning doesn't mean much because its all promotional stunts.

firejauron
06-26-2005, 09:14 AM
I missed the Curry bit. Does he look like he's been able to keep his weight down despite not being able to run?

kevingrt
06-26-2005, 09:32 AM
Did anyone see Eddy Curry's first pitch. I know the phrase throwing like a girl is sexist, but Eddy Curry threw like a complete girl. It was hilarious to watch. I thought he was somewhat athletic, but I guess seven foot is just too tall to be able to throw a baseball properly.

whtsx1959
06-26-2005, 09:44 AM
Did anyone see Eddy Curry's first pitch. I know the phrase throwing like a girl is sexist, but Eddy Curry threw like a complete girl. It was hilarious to watch. I thought he was somewhat athletic, but I guess seven foot is just too tall to be able to throw a baseball properly.

He was bad, he didn't know where to stand. He was 2 ft behind the rubber, didn't take a step when he threw, and bounced it in.

Great stop by MB

Jjav829
06-26-2005, 10:09 AM
He was bad, he didn't know where to stand. He was 2 ft behind the rubber, didn't take a step when he threw, and bounced it in.

Great stop by MB

Hmm, didn't know where to stand, didn't move...was he throwing out the first pitch or rebounding? :redneck

Erik The Red
06-26-2005, 10:14 AM
Hmm, didn't know where to stand, didn't move...was he throwing out the first pitch or rebounding? :redneck
http://erik-the-red.net/images/bah-zing.gif

Ventura Fan 23
06-26-2005, 11:16 AM
It was such an unbelievable sight to see Eddy standing next to Frank. I wish someone had a photo of it to post...

Jjav829
06-26-2005, 11:22 AM
It was such an unbelievable sight to see Eddy standing next to Frank. I wish someone had a photo of it to post...

Why? I don't mean to direct this just toward you, but to anyone who has expressed similar sentiment in this thread. Really, I don't understand why everyone is so surprised by the fact that Curry is bigger. Eddy Curry is a center in the NBA. Frank Thomas is a baseball player. It's safe to assume that one is always going to be bigger than the other. If anything, I would be surprised if Frank was close to Curry in size.