PDA

View Full Version : Frank versus Prior

mike squires
06-25-2005, 08:19 PM
How do you think Big Frank will match up against the messiah? Anyone know if they've met before and if so how did he do?

chisoxmike
06-25-2005, 08:20 PM
He hit a home run against Prior at the Cell in 2003. It was the Valentin walk-off game.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2005, 08:21 PM
How do you think Big Frank will match up against the messiah? Anyone know if they've met before and if so how did he do?

Thomas has faced Prior four times, and has two hits. One of those stayed in the park.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2005, 08:22 PM
He hit a home run against Prior at the Cell in 2003. It was the Valentin walk-off game.

Actually, his home run against Prior came in 2002, during the Fox Saturday Baseball telecast. In the game you're thinking about, he homered against Matt Clement.

chisoxmike
06-25-2005, 08:22 PM
Thomas has faced Prior four times, and has two hits. One of those stayed in the park.

Where's the Hawk tag?

chisoxmike
06-25-2005, 08:23 PM
Actually, his home run against Prior came in 2002, during the Fox Saturday Baseball telecast. In the game you're thinking about, he homered against Matt Clement.

Oops, thats right, Clement started that one.

Kuzman
06-25-2005, 10:15 PM

Anyone have this video on thier computer? I love that walk off HR

BRDSR
06-25-2005, 11:48 PM
Anyone have this video on thier computer? I love that walk off HR

No video, but it will live forever in my memory. (Disclaimer: The following has been pulled from the deepest caverns of my memory and imagination) It was a 1-1 pitch if I recall. The Sox were tied in the bottom of the 9th with one out, having just surrendered two runs to extend the game. The park is electric, Cubs fans gloating about their comeback and Sox fans lamenting the latest implosion of their bullpen. From the left side of the plate Valentin waits for Antonio Alfonseca's pitch. It comes, center-cut, tailor made batting practice pitch. He swings, pulling the ball just right of center-field. From the left field bleachers it looked like maybe it had the distance. It was impossible to tell. The Cubs center-fielder raced back. He approached the wall and as he reached it a collective gasp went up. He touched the wall with his right hand, jumped, and...it cleared the glove! It cleared the wall! Valentin circles first base with his hands outstretched as if soaring. Were his feet even touching the ground? He may as well have been flying around those bases. White Sox win! White Sox win! The park goes crazy! Strangers are highfiving strangers as they make their way out of the park! Down the ramps from the first concourse fans chant "Let's go White Sox, Let's go White Sox," in perfect unison. It seemed as though the Sox would use that single game as momentum for a push to the playoffs and play deep into October. Nothing could stop them!

Two and a half months later the White Sox would enjoy a brief 2-game lead over the Minnesota Twins only to suffer crushing defeat after crushing defeat down the stretch. They would lose the division by four games. If Jose Valentin hadn't hit his walk-off game winning home run in mid June, it might have been five.

TimoandAaron
06-25-2005, 11:56 PM
No video, but it will live forever in my memory. (Disclaimer: The following has been pulled from the deepest caverns of my memory and imagination) It was a 1-1 pitch if I recall. The Sox were tied in the bottom of the 9th with one out, having just surrendered two runs to extend the game. The park is electric, Cubs fans gloating about their comeback and Sox fans lamenting the latest implosion of their bullpen. From the left side of the plate Valentin waits for Antonio Alfonseca's pitch. It comes, center-cut, tailor made batting practice pitch. He swings, pulling the ball just right of center-field. From the left field bleachers it looked like maybe it had the distance. It was impossible to tell. The Cubs center-fielder raced back. He approached the wall and as he reached it a collective gasp went up. He touched the wall with his right hand, jumped, and...it cleared the glove! It cleared the wall! Valentin circles first base with his hands outstretched as if soaring. Were his feet even touching the ground? He may as well have been flying around those bases. White Sox win! White Sox win! The park goes crazy! Strangers are highfiving strangers as they make their way out of the park! Down the ramps from the first concourse fans chant "Let's go White Sox, Let's go White Sox," in perfect unison. It seemed as though the Sox would use that single game as momentum for a push to the playoffs and play deep into October. Nothing could stop them!

Two and a half months later the White Sox would enjoy a brief 2-game lead over the Minnesota Twins only to suffer crushing defeat after crushing defeat down the stretch. They would lose the division by four games. If Jose Valentin hadn't hit his walk-off game winning home run in mid June, it might have been five. Then the next game De'angelo Jimenex hits one up the middle for a white sox winner!

JesGolbez
06-26-2005, 10:49 AM

Thomas, 2-4 (.500), HR, 3 RBI :cool:

soxfanreggie
06-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I think Thomas goes 1-3 with a single (should've been a double but Frank holds up) and an RBI sac fly. Although knowing how Frank is doing, he might go 1-4 with 3 flyouts and a homer.

Jjav829
06-26-2005, 11:26 AM
I'll be happy if Frank can just do what he normally does and take pitches to help get Prior out of the game soon. You know Prior is going to be on a limited pitch count, so the sooner we can get him out of the game, the better our chances of winning. Hopefully Frank can put together a few 7/8 pitch at-bats and help get that pitch count up, regardless of the outcome of the at-bat (obviously I'm hoping the outcome is a HR/walk/base hit).

SoxPostSeason
06-26-2005, 11:42 AM

1 for 4 whith a sac fly and a walk off in the bottom of the 9th

chisoxfan64
06-26-2005, 11:45 AM
I hope Frank takes him deep, and a scrub fan catches the ball. Then a Sox fan takes the ball away from the scrub fan and throws the scrub fan out onto the field.:D:

nedlug
06-26-2005, 12:36 PM
Then the next game De'angelo Jimenex hits one up the middle for a white sox winner!

I believe I was at that game - it rained in the middle of the game with the Cubs up, and God wanted us to win, so he stopped the rain to let us come back.

davenicholson
06-26-2005, 12:38 PM
I hope Frank takes him deep, and a scrub fan catches the ball. Then a Sox fan takes the ball away from the scrub fan and throws the scrub fan out onto the field.:D:
Nice. :cool: