PDA

View Full Version : Brew Crew vs. Twinkies thread

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2005, 09:09 PM
No thread started yet, so here goes:

Twins had been leading since the first inning, however the Brew Crew came slugging back in the bottom of the 6th...

Brewers 7 :supernana:

Twins 5 :D:

Hey, at least something is going our way today! :bandance:

buehrle4cy05
06-25-2005, 09:12 PM
The line for Johan Santana:
5.0 IP, 6 ER
That calls for...
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:
1 for each run he gave up.

ilsox7
06-25-2005, 09:19 PM
The line for Johan Santana:
5.0 IP, 6 ER
That calls for...
:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance:
1 for each run he gave up.

Live by the change-up, die by the change-up. It's awfully difficult to keep the proper arm action and arm slot on a change-up over many years time. He has gotten beaten up as of late. And walked 4 today.

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2005, 09:27 PM
7-6 Brewers... bottom of the 7th... let's hold 'em and get some insurance!

CYGarland20
06-25-2005, 09:58 PM
:twinslose well at least we don't lose any ground :D:

RadioheadRocks
06-25-2005, 09:59 PM
Hooray! This calls for a dancing banana!

:supernana:

Chisox353014
06-25-2005, 10:02 PM
:notwinks

Stroker Ace
06-25-2005, 11:23 PM
I'm goin to the game tomorrow. Lets hope for a sweep!

soxwon
06-26-2005, 12:03 AM
sat- twins lose again whats that 5 straight?

sox still 10-1/2 up

CHISOXFAN13
06-26-2005, 02:08 AM
sat- twins lose again whats that 5 straight?

sox still 10-1/2 up

They beat Detroit Thursday.

SoxSpeed22
06-26-2005, 02:10 AM
Anyone else notice that when ESPN did their "Twins don't walk anyone" article, their pitching God has had 2 pretty crummy outings and they've been losing.

CHISOXFAN13
06-26-2005, 10:37 AM
Aside from the strikeouts, I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Santana on the AL all-star team.

A 7-4 record with an ERA near four is hardly worthy with starters like Buerhle, Garland, Clement, Rogers, Colon, Halladay, Bonderman and even Freddy more deserving. Hell, Silva has been better the last two months than Santana has.
He'll probably make it because of what he did last year, but his numbers this season are certainly borderline all-star numbers.

ma-gaga
06-27-2005, 02:56 PM
Aside from the strikeouts, I'm having a hard time finding a spot for Santana on the AL all-star team.

I agree. I was trying to figure out which Twins could make the team. I think they'll automatically put Santana in because of last year's Cy Young award, but you are right, besides strikeouts, he really doesn't deserve it. Then again, strikeouts is a pretty "big" stat, from both traditionalists and from 'propeller-heads'. So he's the most likely representative from the Twins.

The only other likely suspects would be: Torii, baby Mauer, Joe Nathan and Jesse Crain. Mauer is a bit of a stretch, Nathan's struggled, and Crain is maybe a little too unknown. I guess if I had to break it down I'd guess the likelihood of a Twins all-star representative is:

50% Santana*
30% Hunter
10% Mauer
10% Nathan
10% Crain
---------------------
* 10% that Santana AND another Twin will make it...

But that's just my biased opinion. :cool:

White Sox Josh
06-27-2005, 02:58 PM
I agree. I was trying to figure out which Twins could make the team. I think they'll automatically put Santana in because of last year's Cy Young award, but you are right, besides strikeouts, he really doesn't deserve it. Then again, strikeouts is a pretty "big" stat, from both traditionalists and from 'propeller-heads'. So he's the most likely representative from the Twins.

The only other likely suspects would be: Torii, baby Mauer, Joe Nathan and Jesse Crain. Mauer is a bit of a stretch, Nathan's struggled, and Crain is maybe a little too unknown. I guess if I had to break it down I'd guess the likelihood of a Twins all-star representative is:

50% Santana*
30% Hunter
10% Mauer
10% Nathan
10% Crain
---------------------
* 10% that Santana AND another Twin will make it...

But that's just my biased opinion. :cool:Hunter will probably make it. He has really heated up in the last couple weeks.