PDA

View Full Version : Sox Bars!

GiveMeSox
06-25-2005, 04:09 PM
Once again forgive me If this has been a topic before, but since a just turned 21 its new to me. I know of a few sox bars like Jimbo's and First Base but what are some others for pre and post game. I think i saw one called Schucks Pub or something by 37th and normal area? And I know there are a few others in the neighborhood just dont remember their names and location. Any help would be great, thanks!!!

Pulaski
06-25-2005, 04:42 PM
Once again forgive me If this has been a topic before, but since a just turned 21 its new to me. I know of a few sox bars like Jimbo's and First Base but what are some others for pre and post game. I think i saw one called Schucks Pub or something by 37th and normal area? And I know there are a few others in the neighborhood just dont remember their names and location. Any help would be great, thanks!!!

Puffers is another one.

UofCSoxFan
06-25-2005, 05:01 PM
I was in Lincoln Park yesterday wearing my sox hat...there was more sox gear out than cubs stuff....and a cop gave me a fist pump for wearing the sox hat...bottom line....we keep winning and every bar will be a sox bar :)

DumpJerry
06-25-2005, 05:13 PM
Which bar is Realist's bar? We need to make it then unofficial WSI off-day/off-season meeting place (it is a bit far from Comiskey)

JimH
06-25-2005, 05:53 PM

You are thinking of Shinnick's at 38th and Union. It's a local place, no tap beer, a lot of police and fire dept. people hang out there. Gets lively after Sox games and also on Fri. and Sat. nites. Good neighborhood joint.

Jurr
06-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Which bar is Realist's bar? We need to make it then unofficial WSI off-day/off-season meeting place (it is a bit far from Comiskey)
That would be Nick's Uptown in the North Side. I bet Marko would love some Sox fans in that place to balance out the crowd in that place.