PDA

View Full Version : PK now on projected All Star roster

Bisco Stu
06-25-2005, 02:43 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/allstar/projections

balke
06-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Bout time.

EDIT: Sox army REAAALLLY needs to get Tino Martinez out of the lead. Who is Tino Martinez? I mean... really!

2nd EDIT: How is Carlos Lee not a Starting NL outfielder? Beltran is up there with his 1 SB, 35 RBI, and 20 something runs. I don't get it, CLEE is the best outfielder in baseball right now.

IF we have time, and Frank keeps producing, maybe we could make one big push for Frank at DH. ORtiz would be tough to top though.

aniceItch
06-25-2005, 02:55 PM
Ah. earlier in the season I didnt think Podsednik had a chance in making it, but the more I watch, the more I think he deserves it. Oh well. No sense in complaining when I have never even watched an All-Star game in my short existence.

and yes. Carlos Lee should be starting. No doubt.

RKMeibalane
06-25-2005, 02:59 PM
Bout time.

EDIT: Sox army REAAALLLY needs to get Tino Martinez out of the lead. Who is Tino Martinez? I mean... really!

2nd EDIT: How is Carlos Lee not a Starting NL outfielder? Beltran is up there with his 1 SB, 35 RBI, and 20 something runs. I don't get it, CLEE is the best outfielder in baseball right now.

IF we have time, and Frank keeps producing, maybe we could make one big push for Frank at DH. ORtiz would be tough to top though.

I doubt that Frank has a chance of being there. If he had made his return two or three weeks earlier, he might have a shot at playing in the game, but I think too many people would be hung up over the fact that he hasn't been in the lineup enough to deserve a spot. Besides, I have the feeling MLB will screw us again by putting both Thomas and Konerko in the 32nd Man voting contest.

gf2020
06-25-2005, 03:21 PM
If you really believe Paulie deserves to be there (questionable in my opinion,) you should vote for the first baseman from Texas who is going anyway. Tino won't make the team unless he is starter, which would take away Paulie's spot.

Sox Army can't really do anything about the margins at this point unless they flood, which i do believe is illegal.

Jurr
06-25-2005, 06:53 PM
If you really believe Paulie deserves to be there (questionable in my opinion,) you should vote for the first baseman from Texas who is going anyway. Tino won't make the team unless he is starter, which would take away Paulie's spot.

Sox Army can't really do anything about the margins at this point unless they flood, which i do believe is illegal.
Yeah..Texiera does deserve to go above any first baseman, but I'd love to see Paulie go, as long as he doesn't destroy his swing again at the home run derby. It absolutely killed his swing the last time he went.

Though, I don't think Paulie deserves to go. He's slow, all of his RBI are lucky hits, and he's paid too much.

batmanZoSo
06-25-2005, 07:43 PM
http://cbs.sportsline.com/mlb/allstar/projections

I hope to be represnted by at least one hitter to go along with Buehrle and Garland.

CallMeNuts
06-25-2005, 08:51 PM
Don't discount the possibility of a last minute surge of internet votes from Japan for Tadahito.

Fenway
06-25-2005, 08:58 PM
According to the Boston papers Ozzie and Francona talked for about 30 minutes this week on which White Sox players should be included. Francona said on WEEI, "I really haven't seen them yet, but their record speaks for itself."

His biggest problem is picking a player from Tampa Bay and Kansas City :?:

buehrle4cy05
06-25-2005, 09:22 PM
Bout time.

Why waste any time? The ASG is just a big popularity contest. I went to a game last year where the fans sitting behind me were saying their All-Star ballot out loud. A few "highlights":
"Mike Piazza"
"Jason Giambi"
"Nomar Garciaparra"
"Sammy Sosa"

I don't even bother voting for the All-Star game. What a sham.

Juice16
06-25-2005, 09:50 PM
As suggested on another post, we need to vote Teixeira in to eliminate Tino. This should give Paulie the other 1st base spot.

JB98
06-25-2005, 10:18 PM
I doubt that Frank has a chance of being there. If he had made his return two or three weeks earlier, he might have a shot at playing in the game, but I think too many people would be hung up over the fact that he hasn't been in the lineup enough to deserve a spot. Besides, I have the feeling MLB will screw us again by putting both Thomas and Konerko in the 32nd Man voting contest.

I really doubt Frank is going to be included in that. He's only played in what? 15 games?

DaleJRFan
06-25-2005, 10:20 PM
Don't discount the possibility of a last minute surge of internet votes from Japan for Tadahito.

If Tadahito is considered for the "25th man" vote or whatever that thing they do for the last roster spot (how they let fans vote in the last guy)... I wouldn't be surprised if Tad makes it for this very reason.

Good call Mr.CallMeNuts.

Chisox003
06-25-2005, 10:25 PM
Why waste any time? The ASG is just a big popularity contest. I went to a game last year where the fans sitting behind me were saying their All-Star ballot out loud. A few "highlights":
"Mike Piazza"
"Jason Giambi"
"Nomar Garciaparra"
"Sammy Sosa"

I don't even bother voting for the All-Star game. What a sham.

Agreed

And even though I love seeing our guys in it representing the Sox, I really wouldnt care if anybody made it....We have bigger things coming in the second half of the season, far greater than the allstar game....(Yes, I know it's homefield advantage, but we gotta get there first!)

Plus, I highly doubt the national media would pay any more attention to the SOX if we had more than a few representives....We're the second team in the second city, remember :rolleyes:

JBJas42
06-26-2005, 12:06 PM
I really think that if Scottie can get his average north of .300 he should go.

He is such a different player than the power hitting outfielders and there aren't too many players like him in the league right now.

Tragg
06-26-2005, 12:49 PM
I just hope we don't pay the price in October for stupid fan voting. I want 4 WS games at the Cell (if we need them).

DuckSnort
06-26-2005, 01:45 PM
I just think it would be nice, for once to have a reason to watch the game :smile:

maurice
06-27-2005, 12:51 PM
He sure didn't play like an All Star this past weekend.