PDA

View Full Version : dave van dyke article and on the score

irish rover
06-25-2005, 10:43 AM
not bad

http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/cs-050624lookahead,1,5008539.story?coll=cs-home-headlines

This quote he said was for the coob fans who felt the sox wouldn't perform well in front of a big crowd, For me it shows how coob failed to realize we've had decent crowds for a couple weeks now

"And, no, the Sox did not seem to be affected adversely by playing before a rare sellout."

he said alot of positive about the sox but when asked why there hasn't been alot of attention give to the sox he toed the company line and said it was too early and that MIN also didn't get the attention

Idiot

MIgrenade
06-25-2005, 11:12 AM
Minnesota gets attention because they won the division a bunch. The Sox keep being compared to the Cubs and Red Sox who had the ability to make futility a positive. We don't do that. If the Sox win the WS, then the next team on the list will suffer the same problem the Sox do. Everyone will ask why nobody cares about whatever team that happens to be and why do people care about the Cubs when they suck. Media companies are smart enough to create their own news so they can sell it to you.

kojak
06-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Wasn't this airhead once the beat writer for the Sox?

Maybe I'm thinking of the Sun-Times, back in the days of John Schulian...

irish rover
06-25-2005, 12:22 PM
I think you mabe right on that