PDA

View Full Version : Madison, WI bar playing Sox?

downstairs
06-25-2005, 09:22 AM
I have a trip up to Madison, WI today... got something going on late tonight.

So, during the day I'd like to catch the Sox game.

Any recommendations? I imagine some bars will play it... they're close to Chicago, and it technically counts as a Flubs game...

samram
06-25-2005, 09:58 AM
I lived up there for three years. There's no "Sox bar" in town, but they'll have the game on somewhere on State Street, if you're going to be near the university. Have fun, that's one of my favorite towns in the country.

downstairs
06-25-2005, 10:05 AM
I lived up there for three years. There's no "Sox bar" in town, but they'll have the game on somewhere on State Street, if you're going to be near the university. Have fun, that's one of my favorite towns in the country.

Yeah, I figured there wasn't an offical Sox bar... but I assume some bars have more TV's and are smart enough to put on a variety of games

(my pet peeve: bar has 50 TV's, 45 of them have the local game, the other 5 have the friggin weather channel.)

samram
06-25-2005, 10:14 AM
Yeah, I figured there wasn't an offical Sox bar... but I assume some bars have more TV's and are smart enough to put on a variety of games

(my pet peeve: bar has 50 TV's, 45 of them have the local game, the other 5 have the friggin weather channel.)

Yeah, that happens sometimes. If you're around State Street, you can go to Buffalo Wild Wings or State Street Brats. They'll have enough TVs that they'll put the game on one of them.