PDA

View Full Version : Being accused of not being a sox fan!

soxfanforlife28
06-25-2005, 03:53 AM
Hey fellow sox fans. Just wanted to write my experience tonight which was crazy. Well let me start. I got just home from work and i decided i flip on the sox game and seen that they was blowin out the flubs to oblivion. Well i decided to put on my sox gear and head out and have a few beers and wear whats pride in vain. Went out to a couple of places got no reaction things was straight until i decided to go to a bar which was the most popular place in southbend. Drank down some beers then i preceded to mind my own business. I had some of these so called sox fans come up and start accusing me of not being a fan im just in for the bandwagon. We argued back and forth and this person was persistant that the sox never won a world series and i felt to myself this person is a cub fan with a excuse to use the sox fans on. I went on to quiz from the first world series the second world series to the last time there was one in 59. They couldnt answer one lousy question but in sense me i wasnt a sox fan because i didnt know a clue about the sox tradition. Then i was accused for other reasons cuz i wasnt wearing a white sox hat. Was wearin the black and white jersey.ANd felt like i had to explain myself the whole dam night that how i was a sox fan. I dont know if any of u went thru this yet but its soon to happen. I feel its a cubs fan way out of a situation and they they feel they can put it against us true fans and try and take advantage of. ME as a fan ive been to plenty of games worn my jerseys and hats come to to this site cuz i feel like a part of a family. It just made me sick to the point where i felt invaded cuz ive rooted for the sox since i was in diapers and these cub fans are tryin to invade whats are fandom by spreadin crap and using there way outta a bad team and situation. IM sorry that i had to put this out there but i felt like this is what ive experienced so far. And being a sox fan is the best and toughest thing ill never let go. IF any of u experienced this same situation or come close please tell us about it . Cuz its ridiculous and its invasion to the true fans who care and know are team from the good to the bad. Peace!!!

Banix12
06-25-2005, 04:52 AM
So you ran into some morons in a bar, it happens to everybody and it's nothing worth getting riled up about. Part of being a sox fan is that is you have to share that title of "white sox fan" with that small segment of white sox fans who are complete tools. There is no entrance exam to sox fandom.

ozzman
06-25-2005, 09:09 AM
what bar in the bend?

samram
06-25-2005, 10:05 AM
Commas, while sometimes overused, are generally helpful to one's understanding of a sentence.

ilsox7
06-25-2005, 10:10 AM
Commas, while sometimes overused, are generally helpful to one's understanding of a sentence.

Not to mention the ENTER key.

soxfanforlife28
06-27-2005, 09:57 PM
So you ran into some morons in a bar, it happens to everybody and it's nothing worth getting riled up about. Part of being a sox fan is that is you have to share that title of "white sox fan" with that small segment of white sox fans who are complete tools. There is no entrance exam to sox fandom.I agree with ya. Just was a bad nite.But this is interactive and some ppl may handle things a diff way.

soxfanforlife28
06-27-2005, 09:58 PM
what bar in the bend?A place called south bank. Off lincoln way.

soxfanforlife28
06-27-2005, 09:59 PM
Commas, while sometimes overused, are generally helpful to one's understanding of a sentence.Well dude I didnt think this was english class. And that we had to be punctual on things.

TornLabrum
06-27-2005, 10:30 PM
Well dude I didnt think this was english class. And that we had to be punctual on things.

It's always good to be on time.

skobabe8
06-27-2005, 10:34 PM
Well dude I didnt think this was english class. And that we had to be punctual on things.

Well dude, its not english class. But you're not sending text messages, either. Take the extra .25 seconds and spell things out.

mike squires
06-27-2005, 11:10 PM
Wow, first he gets accused for not being a Sox fan at a bar and now getting tar and feathered about his grammer. It is tough being a Sox fan!!!

It's Ok 28, my punctuation on posts isn't very good either.

mr_genius
06-27-2005, 11:15 PM
It's always good to be on time.

haha.. :redneck

Nellie_Fox
06-28-2005, 12:20 AM
It's always good to be on time.:rolling:

cubhater77
07-03-2005, 04:45 AM
soxfan bro, don't worry about a bunch of northside fudgepackers. they're a joke, and so is their team. they're just upset bc they know their season is over. ppl be nice. yea ther is a copious amount of tyops, etc., but i misspell when i'm reiled too. bottom line is we have the best redcord in mlb, the flubs are toast, and hopefully in oct., there will be pennant fever on the southside.

soxfanforlife28
07-03-2005, 04:45 AM
Wow, first he gets accused for not being a Sox fan at a bar and now getting tar and feathered about his grammer. It is tough being a Sox fan!!!

It's Ok 28, my punctuation on posts isn't very good either.Cheers to u man at least u understand. Man i didnt think that postin my thoughts had anything to do with how u should spell things. Im beggining to think that these ppl are either hardlows or perfectionists. And here i thought this was suppose to be about white sox and family and how we stick together. But these lames only worry about spelling and about themselves. High props to ya cuz no ones perfect. And and who the hell worries about spelling anymore. So overratted! ANd fu buttwipes go cheer on the cubs if u are hear to judge things.

Jerko
07-03-2005, 09:09 AM
:threadsucks

SoxEd
07-03-2005, 11:37 AM
...Man i didnt think that postin my thoughts had anything to do with how u should spell things...

...And and who the hell worries about spelling anymore. So overratted!

Peipl who our triing to kommunik8 thru tha midium of ritten inglish, thts hoo.

"To", "two" and "too" are all homophones (they all sound the same), but convey very different meanings when written down.

Ditto for "their", "there" and "they're".

Taking the extra seconds to use the correct words (and spell them correctly) is the only way to correctly convey your intended meaning.
E.g. "I hate you", "I date you", "I ate you".
All are spelled similarly, but have wildly different meanings.

You'd hate for us to all jump down your throat for something that you didn't mean because you used the wrong words, right?

And it's simple manners, too - like looking at the person you are addressing verbally, as opposed to turning your back on them, or enunciating clearly rather than mumbling incoherently.

No-one here is going to criticize the occasional spelling mistake - but you're throwing them out like they're going out of fashion - it ambiguates your posts, makes them hard to read, and irritates old curmudgeons like me :wink:.

Please either try a little bit harder (type more slowly?), or don't complain when other folks rip you for bad English.

chitownhawkfan
07-03-2005, 11:51 AM
Cheers to u man at least u understand. Man i didnt think that postin my thoughts had anything to do with how u should spell things. Im beggining to think that these ppl are either hardlows or perfectionists. And here i thought this was suppose to be about white sox and family and how we stick together. But these lames only worry about spelling and about themselves. High props to ya cuz no ones perfect. And and who the hell worries about spelling anymore. So overratted! ANd fu buttwipes go cheer on the cubs if u are hear to judge things.

I'm getting a headache just reading this idiocy. Its not that I want to jump on people for making a grammatical mistake, its when people flaunt their incorrect use of the language that drives me crazy.
:dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll: :dtroll:
:andy
If this guy talks like he types I'd say something to him too

Palehose13
07-03-2005, 12:06 PM

"To", "two" and "too" are all homophones (they all sound the same), but convey very different meanings when written down.

Taking the extra seconds to use the correct words (and spell them correctly) is the only way to correctly convey your intended meaning.

You'd hate for us to all jump down your throat for something that you didn't mean because you used the wrong words, right?

And it's simple manners, too - like looking at the person you are addressing verbally, as opposed to turning your back on them, or enunciating clearly rather than mumbling incoherently.

No-one here is going to criticize the occasional spelling mistake - but you're throwing them out like they're going out of fashion - it ambiguates your posts, makes them hard to read, and irritates old curmudgeons like me :wink:.

Please either try a little bit harder (type more slowly?), or don't complain when other folks rip you for bad English.

Excellent post and right on target!

Ol' No. 2
07-03-2005, 12:36 PM

Please either try a little bit harder (type more slowly?), or don't complain when other folks rip you for bad English.Not to mention that it indicates that you have too little regard for the potential reader to trouble yourself to write in a way that's understandable.

FielderJones
07-03-2005, 01:00 PM
Not to mention that it indicates that you have too little regard for the potential reader to trouble yourself to write in a way that's understandable.

Hits the nail on the head. If they can't be bothered to spell, punctuate, and paragraph break, I can't be bothered to read and comment.

:angry: